How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

59 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if you're going to consume a shit load of animal products, unprocessed options are clearly best option for your health, but the scientific consensus as things stand is too much red meat isn't good for you

i wouldn't say eating that much of anything is part of a balanced diet though. human beings are omnivores, not carnivores. 

that said, what you put in your body is up to you. i would be a hypocrite if i tried to lecture anyone about the benefits of healthy living given the amount of shit i have put in my body over the years.

but freedom of choice may be curtailed as long as factory farming continues to destroy the planet. if you are looking at why you might reduce meat consumption, the environmental argument is by far the most convincing one. i wouldn't be surprised if a meat tax is introduced at some point in the not-so-distant future

I've reduced my intake to one red meat meal a week, but is that still too much? It's almost always beef.

I think based on the weight of evidence that you're probably right, but I really like eating meat...

Edited by Rayvin

Yeah but just cos everyone else is doing something, doesn't mean it's right. I'm not going to go vegan but I think there's a compromise to be made somewhere in the middle both for my own sake and that of the planet.

Making adjustments elsewhere too - pretty much lived off coke zero for quite some time but have recently changed to just water and coffee. It killed me at first, but I think it's been worth it - my overall fluid intake has risen and I'm sure I'm much healthier for it. Crazy that I was still hooked on carbonated drinks in my mid 30s but we all have our vices and I'm pleased to be seeing the back of that one.

As for the meat... I don't want bowel cancer tbh, and I can't find any particular fault with the research other than what Gemmill cited.

I get that it makes you feel better to be doing something, but cutting meat out your diet is doing fuck all. The sea was on fire the other day ffs.

Have yourself a steak and watch as the human race circles the drain. There's no stopping us now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I came off keto for the last few months and the weight has piled back on. Nowhere near what I was like when I started on keto first time cos I couldn't be fucked with letting it get that bad but I'm a stone heavier than I was, just by allowing shitty carbs back in. They're utterly shit for you. 

• Jaysus... 1

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Want some clunge to vouch? Okay!

he's right about decreasing the processed/sugary foods. 

my experience with a largely plant-based diet doesn't chime with what this ripped bird is saying in the slightest. she sounds like she's trying to sell something. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I came off keto for the last few months and the weight has piled back on. Nowhere near what I was like when I started on keto first time cos I couldn't be fucked with letting it get that bad but I'm a stone heavier than I was, just by allowing shitty carbs back in. They're utterly shit for you. 

fuck that keto bollocks. like most fad diets, it isn't sustainable

It is sustainable to be fair, I was just a bellend after giving myself a bit of a break over the Christmas and never properly committed to getting back on it. 

Back on now and eating loads of recipes from normal cookbooks but just making modogi actions where required to limit the carb intake. 

The most common sense "diet" around is Ted Naiman's P:E Diet. The book is expensive but it's also available for free online download in the usual places. 

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Keto is a WAAYYYYYYY easier lifestyle than vegan btw. I can go to most restaurants and eat keto pretty easily. Chinese is out but everything else is fine. 

Hi, yeah, have you got any pizza without a base? 

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Proper vegans can't have pizzas either, plastic boy. 

I didn’t say I was a proper vegan but keto sounds like a nightmare for eating out in more restaurants than just Chinese.

I dunno, each to their own. If it works for you, great. I did low carb for a bit but it didn’t work for me in the long term - you need an iron will and a pretty boring social life.

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I didn’t say I was a proper vegan but keto sounds like a nightmare for eating out in more restaurants than just Chinese.

I dunno, each to their own. If it works for you, great. I did low carb for a bit but it didn’t work for me in the long term - you need an iron will and a pretty boring social life.

Try having to find somewhere to have Christmas Dinner every year that sells a fucking NUT ROAST. Because your weird barge-living great uncle flipped veggie when he met his lass. Low T.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff
  • Haha 2

@Christmas Tree  Howay, CT, forget the politics and football thread, this is the one for you, Quiff will reply to your every post, Gloomy and Gemmill are in and Rayvin won't post every time but it'll be a long one when he does. Diet-T-level-tastic! :good:

• Haha 4