How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Two weeks since Ive been in the gym thanks to covid now.

In the last 6 months, theres only been March where i haven't missed some time due to illness, its annoying as fuck.

Nightmare, you’ve been smashing it too! 

It’s tough to have time out and fall out of routine. I missed some time in January & had a couple of weeks out this month, getting back is a bastard and the DOMS last far longer than usual :lol: 

I had to reduce the weights a bit as well as a safety measure. 

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nightmare, you’ve been smashing it too! 

It’s tough to have time out and fall out of routine. I missed some time in January & had a couple of weeks out this month, getting back is a bastard and the DOMS last far longer than usual :lol: 

I had to reduce the weights a bit as well as a safety measure. 

it is but I am (according to my trainer) remarkably consistent with getting to the gym when Im well and I sort of pride myself on it to the extent that its never hard to get back in when Im better now.

I've been on their instagram a bunch lately which has been really nice, the ego is feeling great :razz:

Thankfully the PT I see doesn’t have Instagram as I’m not always at my best when I drop in. I only see him once a month like, mainly to ensure form is still strong & learn some new stuff/go for PBs.

Have you ever done grip training? Very funny & humbling :lol: 

35 minutes ago, Tom said:

Thankfully the PT I see doesn’t have Instagram as I’m not always at my best when I drop in. I only see him once a month like, mainly to ensure form is still strong & learn some new stuff/go for PBs.

Have you ever done grip training? Very funny & humbling :lol: 

I have a bit but you do a lot more deadlifting than I do so I guess its a lot more pertinent for you!

I have some grip trainer things which I used a lot when I was struggling with it a bit but I've been good enough for a bit now.

Ah my PT has a setup and it’s class. Proper funny to try. 

You get something to grip like a “dynamite stick” or a ball/square piece of metal etc and it’s attached to a plate via a chain.

Tend to go up in 2.5kgs till you can no longer lift it and it’s impossible to do without laughing. Progress is steady for a while and then one time you’ll find the plates are just stuck to the floor. 

Have you ever tried heart rate training CT? 

It might be a bit of a life hack for you if you don’t like the high intensity stuff. It’s just as effective, you just do your cardio below >140bpm for a certain amount of time and what you achieve changes inside that window but the amount of effort remains low.

Its a good way to build up fitness. You barely know you’re doing it 👍

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Have you ever tried heart rate training CT? 

It might be a bit of a life hack for you if you don’t like the high intensity stuff. It’s just as effective, you just do your cardio below >140bpm for a certain amount of time and what you achieve changes inside that window but the amount of effort remains low.

Its a good way to build up fitness. You barely know you’re doing it 👍

Honestly, I detest exercise and have the attention span of a goldfish. 

I will look into it though, cheers.

Yeh I mean you can tailor it to your own needs. So

basically you want to do something you perceive as low effort - so that might even be under 130bpms.

So you can be on a treadmill or a bike & most of them will have the heart monitor built in - just hold the handles. Some will even have HRT programs.

Its a really good way to build up your fitness because you’ll rarely be knackered - or you can buy a heart rate monitor that links to your phone.

i.e when you start you might do -

10 minutes @  <130bpms with resistance @ 1 covering 2.5km

after a few month the same effort rate may be on resistance level 4 and cover 5km etc 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2022 at 19:14, Tom said:

Had a gift voucher for Nike so pulled the trigger on these stylish space boots. 

441FE518-603B-4D09-B365-CBDAADFBF8A4.webp

Ok these are game changing :lol:

So steady it’s unreal.

• Like 2

Got my first post-covid session done yesterday and felt surprisingly good, seen a wide range of "working out after covid" advice and experiences online so I was ready to be weak as a kitten and gassed after one set but it was actually alright.

Great to be back in after a couple of weeks. 

First week back in the gym done, haven't lost a step fortunately and don't feel any ill effects other than my legs still being on fucking fire from Wednesdays workout (its friday night now) but thats not that surprising.

Actually hit some PBs today which was nice considering its been a bit since my last proper push day with isolation and being ill and all that.

I got a new scale the other week which is one of those fancy shmancy "measures other stuff" ones, I know they're not known for being all that accurate on the body comp measurements but mine were all green and good so they're getting something right :razz:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any of the weightlifting lads on here bother with belts?

I was watching a YouTube fella (below) saying it’s more about helping you brace your core & breathing than support thus generating extra power.

I got my Squats up to 120Kg (5x5) and although my form was good at that weight when it goes it goes :lol: 

Thankfully I rescued it quickly. 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Any of the weightlifting lads on here bother with belts?

I was watching a YouTube fella (below) saying it’s more about helping you brace your core & breathing than support thus generating extra power.

I got my Squats up to 120Kg (5x5) and although my form was good at that weight when it goes it goes :lol: 

Thankfully I rescued it quickly. 

Never have, don't lift that heavy generally, though I have started using a wrist strap recently just to give it some support cause I failed a benchpress a few weeks ago and nackered it a bit.

I think lifting the weight you do its a smart move to keep your spine safe, I see plenty of lads moving less weight than you do wearing them.