How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

I know lad here in Manchester who is obsessed with purple aki. He goes around putting purple aki watch stickers all over the place, he is in his 30s 

• Haha 3

I love my  PT 

Started going to the gym about 4 years ago age 56. Got 2 free sessions on join up where he gave me a set of upper body and a set of leg work outs  Saw him twice every couple of months after that and he would upgrade  routines. Started  on machines then on weights. Life changing for me tbh

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I can’t run (knee) and was hoping that with proper advice there might be a way of building up strength (gently) around the knee.

I have read that improving muscles around the knee can help with knee pain.

Theres plenty to be said for this, my knee was very sensitive for a few years following a rough tackle that messed it up and one of the first things my PT when I finally hit the gym for the first time a couple of years ago did was focus on building up some strength around it and it made a world of difference.

Not had any trouble with it in a really long time now but the first couple of months were pretty gruelling for it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I love my  PT 

Started going to the gym about 4 years ago age 56. Got 2 free sessions on join up where he gave me a set of upper body and a set of leg work outs  Saw him twice every couple of months after that and he would upgrade  routines. Started  on machines then on weights. Life changing for me tbh

Class. I feel the same about joining the gym about 15 years ago. Genuinely one of the best decisions I ever made. I didn’t do much exercise in my 20s other than occasional 5 a side but got away with it. Then when I was approaching 30, my metabolism started to slow down so I decided to do something about it. Exercise is one of the best things I’ve ever been addicted to. You start off wanting to change how you look but you stick with it because of great it makes you feel - physically and mentally. Glad to hear you had a similar experience. I never tire of encouraging friends to give it a go. 

• Like 2

Yeh since I moved on to free weights it’s been life changing. So much to learn & experience, it feels like learning a martial art or something. 

I remember listening to David Lee Roth talking about Kendo being mainly about form & it’s worthless otherwise. Several disciplines of weights feel like that. 

It’s mad the things that make a difference & what success feels like. Sometimes the day you expect to be absolutely shite in the gym can be full of PBs

• Like 2

Rocked into the gym at 6.30 today, pod on the Tyne podcast and 40 minutes flew by. Dropped the car off for mot and jive walked* the mile home.

And still raring to go :lol: 

*Luckily, this was a secluded route along the rail tracks. I do genuinely think it’s sad that we are all so repressed that jive walking is sniggered at. It can make a walk so much more enjoyable and we’d all be happier, healthier people for it. :) 

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I'm glad you're self-aware about how long this will last. ;)

:lol: 
Oh I’m very aware of my attention span.  I was in a few sports shops this morning looking at gymwear when I had to take a moment, give myself a virtual slap and continue on my way.

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Dog walked, gym done and it’s not even 8 am

rocky GIF

Aye? Well I've got up and made cups of tea and breakfast and that was before nine o'clock so the winning isn't confined to boldon. :lol:

• Haha 4

I’ve packed loads of weight on over the lockdowns like, probably about 2.5 stone I think. 

I’m quite tall so I carry it ok but some of my gear is definitely more snug than it used to be. 

Want to be back to my fighting weight before I’m 40 so need to get my arse in gear 

On 20/05/2022 at 09:24, Christmas Tree said:

Rocked into the gym at 6.30 today, pod on the Tyne podcast and 40 minutes flew by. Dropped the car off for mot and jive walked* the mile home.

And still raring to go :lol: 

*Luckily, this was a secluded route along the rail tracks. I do genuinely think it’s sad that we are all so repressed that jive walking is sniggered at. It can make a walk so much more enjoyable and we’d all be happier, healthier people for it. :) 

Shoot him now.

• Haha 2

I’ve piled the beef on lately, so I rang Weightwatchers and said 

“ Look, it’s an emergency, can you send someone round?”

They said,

” Aye, we’ve got loads of them”

:rimshot:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve piled the beef on lately, so I rang Weightwatchers and said 

“ Look, it’s an emergency, can you send someone round?”

They said,

” Aye, we’ve got loads of them”

:rimshot:

Not Happening No Way GIF by Team USA

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just under a month in, stone lighter and enjoying the gym (approx 3 times a week). 

Most days just one meal a day due to lack of hunger and mainly eating protein. Highly recommend the Ninja grill xl and using it everyday. Never had meat taste as good. 

Can’t recommend Keto highly enough as the way you feel and the energy you have running your body on fats instead of carbs is remarkable.

Deal With It GIF by Pepsi Max

• Like 3