How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Are you sure? My guess was he was agreeing it was close?

Well, given it's not close and given he tacked a :lol: on the end, it'd be safer to assume he wasn't agreeing that :rolleyes:

like I said, hard to tell if you're being thick or just being bitchy

Wolfy, really, supplements? Do you have any idea what you're on about?

Tell, which of these do you consider bad, or would you say all are equal? Or do you really had no idea at all? Do you know the differences between them? Do you think a certain type of person should take any at all? Can all of them come from food?

- thermobol

- hydroxycut

- mono creatine

- whey protein

- casine protein

- branch chain amino acid

- waxy maize starch

- common multi vit

- krill oil

- omega fish oil

You are right though, moderate exercise is perfectly fine for most normal people and if everyone done just that while eating normal we'd have far less health issues.

Sadly, processed heavy foods are far from normal. Tasty though ;)

just did advanced boxing training at my gym. it was all a bit unnerving. the trainer kept telling me to aim for his head more when sparring and to not be so afraid of taking a blow. i think i'm going to be too much of a pussy for this lark. i really don't like the idea of hurting anyone, or getting hurt myself. shame really as i love padwork and have gotten pretty good at it so assumed i'd be just as happy getting in the ring. not so sure now. i'm fine slipping and rolling when you know which punch is coming but trying to react to a punch coming your way without just putting your high guard up is next to impossible. i was taking shots left right and centre, even though they're only 20 per cent, you still feel them. and meanwhile i was pussying out of landing any of my own shots in case i hurt someone.

anyone else tried it? do you get past this eventually or am i just not cut out for it?

just did advanced boxing training at my gym. it was all a bit unnerving. the trainer kept telling me to aim for his head more when sparring and to not be so afraid of taking a blow. i think i'm going to be too much of a pussy for this lark. i really don't like the idea of hurting anyone, or getting hurt myself. shame really as i love padwork and have gotten pretty good at it so assumed i'd be just as happy getting in the ring. not so sure now. i'm fine slipping and rolling when you know which punch is coming but trying to react to a punch coming your way without just putting your high guard up is next to impossible. i was taking shots left right and centre, even though they're only 20 per cent, you still feel them. and meanwhile i was pussying out of landing any of my own shots in case i hurt someone.

anyone else tried it? do you get past this eventually or am i just not cut out for it?

If you are scared of hurting anyone or getting hurt yourself then boxing isn't for you.

That doesn't mean to say you can do all the other training though.

If you are scared of hurting anyone or getting hurt yourself then boxing isn't for you.

That doesn't mean to say you can do all the other training though.

it's just sparring. i wouldn't get in the ring with someone for real.

i suppose i just wasn't ready for the step up in aggression between pad work and sparring. i would like to give it another go but wonder if anyone that is into it can shed any light on whether it gets easier quickly. perhaps i am just too much of a chicken shit.

it's just sparring. i wouldn't get in the ring with someone for real.

i suppose i just wasn't ready for the step up in aggression between pad work and sparring. i would like to give it another go but wonder if anyone that is into it can shed any light on whether it gets easier quickly. perhaps i am just too much of a chicken shit.

If you can handle sparring sessions, you can handle boxing.

Dr Gloom.

If you're after fitness then just do the fitness part of it all.

You weren't born to have your head pummelled and it is a dangerous sport in terms of potential brain injuries.

i'm talking about sparring here wolfman, not getting into the ring for real.

If you can handle sparring sessions, you can handle boxing.

it was my first proper session sparring. instructor said to go at 20 per cent. the step up from pad work to sparring felt big. real boxing is a whole different ball game.

i take it you've been in the ring before? were you not a little shook up the first time you sparred?

Edited by Dr Gloom

it was my first proper session sparring. instructor said to go at 20 per cent. the step up from pad work to sparring felt big. real boxing is a whole different ball game.

i'm taking you've got in the ring before? were you not a little shook up the first time you sparred?

Prediction - Wolfy hasn't done that.