How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

No regime as such - I'm so out of shape the first priority is just to generally shed a few pounds and get back into the habit of exercising at all. Heading to the gym after work, having been shamed into action yesterday by a friend who's five foot nothing and can bench the side of a house despite being in the middle of hormone therapy for gender reassignment. There's no excuse really. :lol:

No regime as such - I'm so out of shape the first priority is just to generally shed a few pounds and get back into the habit of exercising at all. Heading to the gym after work, having been shamed into action yesterday by a friend who's five foot nothing and can bench the side of a house despite being in the middle of hormone therapy for gender reassignment. There's no excuse really. :lol:

:lol:

so what is everyone's new diet or training plan looking like? CT - what is it this year? weightwatchers or slimming world?

i had my bodyfat measured this morning. came in at 14.4 per cent. easily the fattest i've been in a while. my new trainer's got me on a pretty savage training and nutrition plan, designed to have me down at 10 per cent body fat in 12 weeks. the hardest bit, as always, will be maintaining after adopting a less disciplined diet.

just recovering now from a savage kettlebell class. 1 circuit, 5 sets of 1 minute swing, 45 second kettle bell press up, 45 second clean and press, 45 second squat to press and 45 second burpee. with no break inbetween followed by a one minute rest inbetween each set, using a 20kg bell.

nutrition-wise, i'm eating pretty clean; low carb on non-training days. some complex carbs pre and post workout on training days. also aiming to stay off the booze for 6 weeks, other than my one cheat day per week where i'm allowed a couple of glasses of red wine.

the training is the easy bit. not cheating on the nutrition side is the real challenge. especially after a christmas holiday where i drank my bodyweight in booze and ate countless junk meals.

That sounds about as much fun as bum cancer. Unless you are a pro athlete you should relax and have a pizza every now and again. You might as well give yourself something to work off

Was training to do my first ever race. Was hoping to do 10k in under 40minutes. I injured my calf in a match a month or so ago and I keep coming back from it too soon. Going to have to leave it for a while if I want to give it a proper go.

What incline do you sexy folk set your treadmills to to replicate real-life/outdoor?

That sounds about as much fun as bum cancer. Unless you are a pro athlete you should relax and have a pizza every now and again. You might as well give yourself something to work off

I doubt I'll stick to it religiously. Probably going to have one cheat day per week at the weekend. I find it quite easy to stay disciplined during the week unless I'm away with work - then diet and training tends to go out of the window. It helps I have a mrs that's into training and nutrition too.

But to be honest, you don't get real results unless you're dedicated. Even then it's hard.

so what is everyone's new diet or training plan looking like? CT - what is it this year? weightwatchers or slimming world?

i had my bodyfat measured this morning. came in at 14.4 per cent. easily the fattest i've been in a while. my new trainer's got me on a pretty savage training and nutrition plan, designed to have me down at 10 per cent body fat in 12 weeks. the hardest bit, as always, will be maintaining after adopting a less disciplined diet.

just recovering now from a savage kettlebell class. 1 circuit, 5 sets of 1 minute swing, 45 second kettle bell press up, 45 second clean and press, 45 second squat to press and 45 second burpee. with no break inbetween followed by a one minute rest inbetween each set, using a 20kg bell.

nutrition-wise, i'm eating pretty clean; low carb on non-training days. some complex carbs pre and post workout on training days. also aiming to stay off the booze for 6 weeks, other than my one cheat day per week where i'm allowed a couple of glasses of red wine.

the training is the easy bit. not cheating on the nutrition side is the real challenge. especially after a christmas holiday where i drank my bodyweight in booze and ate countless junk meals.

Still a good bf% that like.

I'm doing same as last year. 16/8 intermittent fasting. Worked a treat for me last year.

Nutrition is just common sense mosty. Like you low carbs on non training days and carbs are clean. Dark green or plain rice on gym days. Odd bit of fruit (blueberries and pineapple are best though I eat small oranges a well).

I've cut out all bread and pasta etc. also cut out milk so I drink black coffee now and green tea in evenings.

I'm eating 1700-2000cals per day.

Training I do a 3 day split and each day is supersets. Like today was 8 routines split into 4 superset pairs that took 45mins.

2 days I do 45 min cardio.

I enjoy it, in fact it's a bit addictive.

Also take some supplements but nothing OTT I think.

- BCAA either side of training

- whey protein only if at the end of the day I feel my food has been low (with almond milk)

- 1 a day tablet each of Krill Oil, glucosamine and a multi-vit.

Was training to do my first ever race. Was hoping to do 10k in under 40minutes. I injured my calf in a match a month or so ago and I keep coming back from it too soon. Going to have to leave it for a while if I want to give it a proper go.

What incline do you sexy folk set your treadmills to to replicate real-life/outdoor?

If I'm running I put the incline on 3.

I also like to so hill walking sessions where I walk with it on 10-12.

I doubt I'll stick to it religiously. Probably going to have one cheat day per week at the weekend. I find it quite easy to stay disciplined during the week unless I'm away with work - then diet and training tends to go out of the window. It helps I have a mrs that's into training and nutrition too.

Takes all sorts I guess. My girlfriend has promised to leave me if I ever get like that with exercise routines /diets!

I'm doing same as last year. 16/8 intermittent fasting. Worked a treat for me last year.

Nutrition is just common sense mosty. Like you low carbs on non training days and carbs are clean. Dark green or plain rice on gym days. Odd bit of fruit (blueberries and pineapple are best though I eat small oranges a well).

I've cut out all bread and pasta etc. also cut out milk so I drink black coffee now and green tea in evenings.

Training I do a 3 day split and each day is supersets. Like today was 8 routines split into 4 superset pairs that took 45mins.

- whey protein only if at the end of the day I feel my food has been low (with almond milk)

BCCA is the only thing i'd recommend on top of whey. Gains and recovery time have improved massively since I started to use it.

Agree about training being addictive. Easy to fall out of the habit though. The hardest bit is getting back into it.

Once I'm in the zone though I love the way it makes me feel. Improves my mood, my energy levels increase and sex life gets way better. I honestly couldn't recommend regular excercise enough if things are stalling in the bedroom. Not only do you look better to each other if you're in good shape, but I swear it makes you more horny too. The wife agrees so it must work for men and women. Honestly, I never shag less than when I'm in a boozy, over eating bloated phase.

Assume you mean BCAA? I wake at 5.30. Leave for gym at 6.00am. 6.10am I drink 1/3 of the BCAA, on gym for 6.30-7.30. Back in car for 7.45am then drink 1/3 of the BCAA. Arrive at work 8.30am and finish BCAA before I go in.

I dont eat until 12noon to the BCAA is in place of the "PWO" shake. I dont know how much I can attribute to it, but I made excellent progress last year.

What are supersets and BCAA?

After feeling a bit broken yesterday from the gym on Sunday (where I also saw Roger Black), went for a swim tonight. Quite pleased that I could still just about do half a mile in 26 mins. Nothing particularly stunning, but it's pretty decent pace for me when I was actually doing regular exercise. Was bloody dying at the end of it though.

So I went from being 13 stone 12 before Christmas to 13 stone 0 after Christmas all because I dislocated my collarbone and needed an operation to put it right. I feel like I'm wasting away.

After feeling a bit broken yesterday from the gym on Sunday (where I also saw Roger Black), went for a swim tonight. Quite pleased that I could still just about do half a mile in 26 mins. Nothing particularly stunning, but it's pretty decent pace for me when I was actually doing regular exercise. Was bloody dying at the end of it though.

Super sets are when you perform two or more sets of different excercises without resting. Great way to build muscle while burning fat.

BCAA is Branch Chain Amino Acids. Those are 3 or 4 of the 12 amino acids that make up a protein. Those specific ones are responsible for muscle generation. Awesome supplement. Helps with recovery and getting lean.

BCAA are Branch Chain Amino Acids. I as a drink I'm powder form but you can get tablets. They are said to help during and post training. Won't bore you with the details.

Supersets are doing two sets of different routines back to back with no rest. Can be for the same body part or different.

For example i sometimes do bench press and bench DB fly back to back then rest 30-40 seconds then do my next set.

Yeah BCAA are meant to help the breakdown of fat when your are running on depleted glycogen stores. So for me for example, as I don't eat after 8pm and i train at 6.30am.

I'd rather be a fat bastard than read through this boring shite.

Fuck off back to the cooking thread then. I'm sure CT will be happy to share his latest pie recipe with you there.

Why isnt it enough to just run/do a bit of sport and go to the gym? Why do you have to take supplements and pseudo-scientific compounds at the same time.

If you want to live a long life, dont smoke, eat healthily and do lots of sport. If you want to lose weight quickly, which i understand JawD is doing then maybe it can help. Other than that surely this is just part of the preening, self-obsessed, shallow moronic culture that brings us the cast of Geordie shore?

Why train in the first place? It's good for the body and mind, makes you feel good and is good for your heart.

Ultimately though, most people get into it because they want to improve their body image.

Why wear nice designer clothes? Why get a good hair cut? Why wear expensive after shave? It's the same thing; it's trying to project the best image of yourself that you can. That doesn't necessarily mean looking like one of the spray tan steroid chumps from Geordie shore.