How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Cheat days :lol: wtf! It's like a weight watchers meeting in here sometimes. If you want a Big Mac then eat a Big Mac. Just don't eat ten in the same week

that's more or less what he's saying though innit. eat healthy most days. have a splurge on the odd day.

The bugger is if you are trying to cut down on bread, pasta and rice, is what to have in its place!

Ie Sandwiches are fucked as are curry and rice or Pasta and whatever.

Popped home for lunch and went to warm up some left over healthy home made curry off last night. Ended up having it with snap a jacks :(

try wholemeal rice. or quinoa - a super grain full of protein and and a really nice alternative to rice.

just make sure you don't eat too much in one sitting.

try wholemeal rice. or quinoa - a super grain full of protein and and a really nice alternative to rice.

just make sure you don't eat too much in one sitting.

I usually eat Tilda basmati rice. Is there a big difference between that and a wholemeal rice?

Also, what happens if I eat too much quinoa!!!!!! :lol:

I usually eat Tilda basmati rice. Is there a big difference between that and a wholemeal rice?

Also, what happens if I eat too much quinoa!!!!!! :lol:

i meant don't eat big portions of complex carbs in one sitting, whether it's rice, tatties, quinoa etc. better to eat it earlier in the day rather than later on too. wholemeal rice, tbh, isn't very tasty. you can get wholemeal basmati but it will labelled as such.

i usually have my complex carbs in the morning then before and after training - so breakfast might be muesli or porridge, then i'll have fruit during the day and something like quinoa salad with a protein source for lunch. then for dinner it's a protein source like fish, chicken, eggs, beans/pulses etc and lighter carbs like fresh salad or cooked veg.

if you follow that as a rough guide fat will fall off whether you excercise or not. though even some moderate training will speed up the process. the most important thing i'd say though is don't starve yourself. it's important to eat when you're hungry; just stop when you're full. if you're peckish between meals, snack on things like fruit, or a handful of seeds or raw nuts. and restrict the booze to one or two nights per week.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Here we are again, people trying to give CT all the help in the world and he'll ignore the fucking lot. :lol:

I mentioned a diet a few pages back that would allow him to just eat his normal diet 5 days a week and he completely dismissed it out of hand.

But anyway I'll waste my time again - cauliflower whizzed up in the food processor makes an excellent alternative to rice with hardly any calories. I look forward to you telling us you just stuck with the Tilda basmati in a couple of pages time.

Here we are again, people trying to give CT all the help in the world and he'll ignore the fucking lot. :lol:

I mentioned a diet a few pages back that would allow him to just eat his normal diet 5 days a week and he completely dismissed it out of hand.

But anyway I'll waste my time again - cauliflower whizzed up in the food processor makes an excellent alternative to rice with hardly any calories. I look forward to you telling us you just stuck with the Tilda basmati in a couple of pages time.

i know. i'm not sure why i'm bothering as we're bound to have this exact same conversation this time next year. i think this is the third or fourth time we've had it already in this thread.

cutting fat at the end of the day is quite simple. it's not easy like. it requires patience and dedication. but it's quite a simple thing to do. there are no miracle diet foods that do all the work for you, you just have to make decision to alter your lifestyle. this is why i doubt CT will ever succeed.

the thing that made me stick with it was when it dawned on me that healthy food can be delicious if cooked properly. it's not all steamed fish and veg with no dressing. oilve oil is good for you for example - it's a healthy fat and your body needs healthy fats to cut fat. my salads and veg are always smothered in the stuff. belazu is my favourite brand.

and it's interesting that J69 mentioned eating a bic mac when you fancy it, as if that's a treat. while i still enjoy the odd unhealthy meal - usually eating out at the weekend or getting a curry delivered - the prospect of eating from maccy ds or burger king these days just doesn't appeal in the slightest.

Do you par-boil that cauliflower, gemmill?

:lol: funny lad.

I love cauliflower as it happens so am intrigued.

Are we talking pre cooking or post. If pre how do you then cook it?

Just steam it. Probably the easiest way is to put it in a tupperware with a small amount of water and then put it in the microwave. Just keep giving it a blast and checking it.

Blitz it pre cooking. I've done it both ways and blitzing it post can just leave you with mush.

It isn't gonna taste like rice, but it's inoffensive and it does the job of rice by holding sauce etc. And there's just no calories to it.

Agree about maccy Ds like. The thought of eating one makes me feel sick. All the shit they put in them man. I'd you want a burger make your own with lean mince. Onion and spices/herbs. Much nicer anyway.

Being healthy isn't being plain. I'm near addicted to chicken breast either grilled or cooked in coconut oil and marinated with this Jamie Oliver piri piri powder stuff.

Just steam it. Probably the easiest way is to put it in a tupperware with a small amount of water and then put it in the microwave. Just keep giving it a blast and checking it.

Blitz it pre cooking. I've done it both ways and blitzing it post can just leave you with mush.

It isn't gonna taste like rice, but it's inoffensive and it does the job of rice by holding sauce etc. And there's just no calories to it.

Deffo going to give this a try. :)

Edit --- Followed your usual advice and googled it. Blonde gives head...... make your own up :lol:

http://video.about.com/lowcarbdiets/Low-Carb-Cauliflower-Rice.htm

Keep at it CT.

All doctors dread obese patients, but none more than the anaesthetist. An otherwise healthy man very nearly died within a few minutes of his anaesthetic starting for a fairly routine operation at my hospital recently, as a direct consequence of him having a BMI of 42.

I'm not saying you're obese, I don't know how much you weigh but trust me, you really don't want to be one of those patients that set my spider senses tingling like they do when I see patients like him.

Luke, do you look at people in general when you're out and about and think "You'd be a nightmare to intubate/cannulate? I find myself doing it all the time. Maybe I need a hobby...

Occasionally tubes but not with cannulas, as firstly I can get access in almost anyone (I know cannula bragging is what house officers do but I'm quite proud that I put in a 14G with my left hand at half five this morning - although as you would expect the vein would have comfortably accommodated a swann ganz introducer) and secondly because I don't worry about not getting a drip in the same way I do about a tube because obviously the consequences are so much more dire. Although not being able to cannulate a fatty exsanguinating from a lacerated femoral artery wouldn't be ideal, of course.

However seeing as most people (including a lot of surgeons, such as the one who tried unsuccessfully to get me to do that man I described above at 4am) are oblivious to a lot of the practical problems associated with obesity, let alone the threat of death from a failed intubation, I think there should be a public health campaign based on what doctors see when they look at the obese. For example, you could easily concoct a story in obstetrics of combined anaesthetic and surgical difficulty leading to tragedy for both mother and baby.

Short-handled laryngoscopes are the way forward when you have to do a crash GA in maty.

Been up to the surgical wards a couple of times recently to cannulate patients when their SHO's have been too busy to do it. Ridiculous sense of achievement considering I do it rarely.

Short-handled laryngoscopes are the way forward when you have to do a crash GA in maty.

Been up to the surgical wards a couple of times recently to cannulate patients when their SHO's have been too busy to do it. Ridiculous sense of achievement considering I do it rarely.

I know, the short handle has got me out of a spot several times. Others have not been so fortunate. We use equipment and techniques to cope with these problems but they can still fail, and with an increasing obesity epidemic they are more likely to.

Had a quick sneaky at the scales today and 14 - 6.5 on Monday is now down to 14 - 3.5 (3 pounds off for those bad at math)

Now I dont need the lectures (before anyone starts) about losing weight too quickly. I've also started drinking mountains of water so Im probably getting the hit from that as well.

Anyway, another 3.5lbs and I will be Obese no more. :)