How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

You're going to be one of those parents who makes their kid eat a carrot when his mates are all having a twix aren't you

He can have chocolate as a treat, like i do. He's not getting it in his lunch box every day, no.

Personally I don't think eating junk every day is a good thing. Good eating habits start young. My parents raised me the same way and I have always enjoyed fruit and veg because of it. You don't like fruit and veg? Tough, you eat it because it's good for you and you fucking well learn to like it.

And with playstation generation kids less active than ever, junk in every lunch box is only going to promote obesity.

Dead Man food. Carbs, fat, saturates and served by a greasy spotty teen. And because I do a modicum of exercise I couldn't give a fuck ;)

FYP ;)

He can have chocolate as a treat, like i do. He's not getting it in his lunch box every day, no.

Personally I don't think eating junk every day is a good thing. Good eating habits start young. My parents raised me the same way and I have always enjoyed fruit and veg because of it. You don't like fruit and veg? Tough, you eat it because it's good for you and you fucking well learn to like it.

And with playstation generation kids less active than ever, junk in every lunch box is only going to promote obesity.

Our kids get treats but it's now and again. We don't buy biscuits etc. my 3yo loves carrot sticks and hummus and both love peanut butter toast. Plenty of yoghurts and lots of fruit.

My 5yo does swimming lessons, football practice. Multi skills and will start a 12 week gymnastics things again soon.

They can have surgery fruit and yoghurts etc and enjoy them it's fine. Mine play on a 3DS and I don't mind as its mixed in with being active, stuff they ask to do.

Seeing overweight kids is bordering neglect imo.

I was brought up being allowed to eat what I want. I then saw fruit and veg as something normal, and happily ate it, as opposed to seeing it as something 'forced' on me. Nothing pissed me off more as a kid than having an adult force their views on me, and if my parents were of the 'must eat this' sort I sure as hell would spend as much of my time trying to eat the opposite. Kids are like CT, will always do the opposite of what you say and most of the fat, lazy ones are the ones with the forceful parents ;).

the fatties at my school were the ones with parents that didn't give a shit - wagon wheels, kit kats and crisps every day in the lunch box. or the ones that were given money and would feast on pasties and chips. not the ones that were given proper food.

if you give your kid money to go and spend, they are almost always going to go for the junk food. they don't give a shit about what's good for them. mine's having packed lunches and i don't give a shit if he's jealous of the other kids that eat crap every day.

kids that eat well will generally be more alert and likely to better at school than the ones that binge on crap during lunchtime then have a massive come down from the sugar high during afternoon lessons.

I ate absolute shit at school and had no weight issues, in fact I was probably underweight until my late 20s. You make a lot of anecdotes and generalisations Gloomy, but never back them with evidence. Nobody ate carrots and humous in my day, everyone ate chips, crisps, and sweets, yet hardly anyone was fat. Activity, not diet, was the key.

it makes me mad actually that the new normal is feeding your kids shite and it's ok because everyone else does it.

the jamie oliver series on school dinners a few years back was an eye opener. you had kids that had never even seen a pepper or cauliflower before. they didn't even know what they were ffs. then mothers that would stand at the school gates feeding their kids crap because they didn't want to be told what to do.

I ate absolute shit at school and had no weight issues, in fact I was probably underweight until my late 20s. You make a lot of anecdotes and generalisations Gloomy, but never back them with evidence. Nobody ate carrots and humous in my day, everyone ate chips, crisps, and sweets, yet hardly anyone was fat. Activity, not diet, was the key.

what sort of comment is that if not anecdotal, you hypocrite?

given the fact that kids have wall to wall digital entertainment these days and don't run about playing as much as our generation, don't you think promoting a healthy diet, as well as more outside activity, is a good thing?

My grab smoked 40 woodbines a day and lived until she was a hundred and seven. ;)

I used to swap my sandwiches with another kid for bourbon biscuits. :D

anyway, these generalisations are based on my own experience. my lunch boxes usually contained wholemeal bread sandwiches, fruit, a yoghurt and if i was lucky a harvest oatmeal bar. at the time, i wished i was like everyone else and had parents that fed me shite on demand but looking back on it i'm glad i wasn't raised that way.

Yeah, well, you're from Ponteland aren't you?

spent my formative years in washington. didn't move to pont until i was a teenager. not sure what that's got to do with anything though.

what sort of comment is that if not anecdotal, you hypocrite?

given the fact that kids have wall to wall digital entertainment these days and don't run about playing as much as our generation, don't you think promoting a healthy diet, as well as more outside activity, is a good thing?

You're the one making the claims though, I'm not going to research a counter claim when I know what you're saying is BS. Kids can eat all manner of shit as long as they stay active. I'm not not advocating a healthy diet and attitude to food, but you strike me as an obsessed health fascist!

spent my formative years in washington. didn't move to pont until i was a teenager. not sure what that's got to do with anything though.

Well put it this way, it's a bit ironic I'm the one labeled as a middle class snob on this board. ;)

You're the one making the claims though, I'm not going to research a counter claim when I know what you're saying is BS. Kids can eat all manner of shit as long as they stay active. I'm not not advocating a healthy diet and attitude to food, but you strike me as an obsessed health fascist!

what's BS excactly? i'm arguing that kids that combine excercise with a good diet are less likely to be obese. most kids these days want to spend most of their time playing video games rather than running around outside like we used to. that's a fact. and i think part of being a responsible parent (or health fascist) is rationing that, encouraging more active play and not feeding them junk on demand.