How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Want to wager who is in better shape? Ill even post a picture of myself post massive Indian takeaway tonight and you can do the same after your lentil soup ;)

only if you do a stevie pose

Edited by Dr Gloom

He would be the first one calling you all if he was here ;)

That message was aimed at Gemmil btw. Middle aged bloke who is spending valentines day munching lettuce leaves and telling his Mrs Valentines day is a corporate washout so she can go and jump if she wants flowers . Do you tell your kids the same at Xmas and Easter? Nee presents for you kids, Jesus is made up my little fucktards :lol:

Edited by TheRollingStones

If you don't mind, I'll decline your invitation to strip to the waist and post a picture of myself on the Internet on Valentine's Day. You have an awful habit of letting yourself down horribly whenever you try and convince us how your outlook/life is the best. :lol:

Want to wager who is in better shape? Ill even post a picture of myself post massive Indian takeaway tonight and you can do the same after your lentil soup ;)

completely misunderstanding as well. Home made curry for me tonight thank you and had a bar of chocolate at 7am Sorry if that messes up your misrepresentation ;)

Latest body fat measurement comes in at 11.3%. My weights actually gone up by 0.5kg, proving that lean muscle actually weighs more than fat and that being a slave to the scales can be pointless. I've lost fat but put on weight.

5-8

Does Flash mean fast where you come from?

not too flash = not too good.

I'm your height but I'm around 69 kgs (10 st 9 lbs approx). I don't watch what I eat at all and tbh I just don't have the self discipline to diet/fast anyway. However I do a lot of exercise (gym 3 times a week/running), I also walk to work and live in a very outdoorsy place with nice beaches and loads of public areas for sport and walking. I think being really active is the key to it but I expect it's tough to keep the weight off if you're not into it.

As I said to you the other day Christmas Tree well done for almost achieving your short term goals.

Just want to know what's your plan if you have one to sustain it long-term? Are you going to do any exercise at some point? Also have your family bought into it as well? As before I hurt my back and was doing the whole training and eating lean thing, I never really had the full buy-in from my girlfriend who wasn't the most supportive person of it in all honesty.

As I said to you the other day Christmas Tree well done for almost achieving your short term goals.

Just want to know what's your plan if you have one to sustain it long-term? Are you going to do any exercise at some point? Also have your family bought into it as well? As before I hurt my back and was doing the whole training and eating lean thing, I never really had the full buy-in from my girlfriend who wasn't the most supportive person of it in all honesty.

It's hard to explain but calorie counting, particularly using the app, seems to have made the penny drop for me. Obviously taking a greater interest in cooking puts me in control and makes a massive difference.

It's hard to explain but after many attempts to quit smoking, my final attempt I knew right away that I had it beaten. This feels the same. (So far).

As for maintaining it I think the fact that I am knocking out tastier ;) home cooked meals should make that easier. I think as you start to look / feel better it helps as well.

I hope to find a level of exercise that suits me but I do hate it with a passion. It is however on the back burner for the moment.

Also we are on the verge of decent weather so hoping to get more active outdoors.

The wife is a nightmare as she is the main one in the house who loves shit food. However having wrestled the cooking and shopping away from her she is sort of being dragged along as she was when we quit smoking. So much do that she has now started using the treadmill quite a bit this week.

The key to it all is very simple and that is to have a sufficient catalogue of tasty healthy food to replace the shit with.

Watched that documentary you were talking about Gemmill. Going to give the 5:2 thing a blast from Monday. Shall post up what I decide to have on said fasting days. :up:

Tried deadlifts today. I like. I've started doing squats, bench press and other free weights too since Christmas as I was getting bored of just using the machines. I'm enjoying the challenge, trying not to increase weight too quickly and instead making sure my form is as good as possible.

Don't worry, I still eat like a pig at weekends. ;)

Tried deadlifts today. I like. I've started doing squats, bench press and other free weights too since Christmas as I was getting bored of just using the machines. I'm enjoying the challenge, trying not to increase weight too quickly and instead making sure my form is as good as possible.

Don't worry, I still eat like a pig at weekends. ;)

Dead lift is king of the compound lift. Love it, particularly how you feel you might pass out when you lift your maximum.

The only excercises you really need are dead lift, squat, bench press, shoulder press, pull up and bent over row. You can do a workout that hits every muscle group in the body with just those lifts and all you need is a bench and a barbell with a few plates. Free weights are all you need. No expensive machines required.

My squat fucking sucks, I'm using low weights to try and get my form right but my knees have a tendency to wobble all over the shop (they do on leg press too) and I just find the movement so WEIRD to get used to. I'm going to stick at it because I can feel how beneficial it is, but I just feel bloody hopeless at it so far. :lol:

Shoulder press has been my nemesis for as long as I can remember, I've tried doing slow negatives etc and taken other advice on board but just can't seem to increase the weight on either a machine or with free weights.

Try standing with you legs shoulder width apart and turning your toes out a bit. I used to have problems with my knees buckling and that helped. Legs were too narrow.

I would keep the weight low enough so that you can still squat as low as possible. Ass to grass squats work you much harder than half squats or parallels. Better to start that way, get the form right then build the weights up than start lifting heavier but only going down to 90 degrees or less.

Thanks for the tips. I don't think I've been turning my toes out a little so I'll try that next time. I've been trying to go as low as possible as well.

I'm determined to get my form right though it is frustrating using what seems like ridiculously light weights. Can't bear seeing others using terrible form though so I'd hate to fall into the same trap myself just for the sake of upping the weight.