How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

i found with fruit that it's just about changing habits and once you're in a routine, it's easier to maintain.

Agree with that. I didn't used to eat a lot of fruit, but now I habitually grab an apple or a pear as I leave for work and munch on that as I walk to the Tube.

I reckon because of the pre-work fruit it's become pretty much part of the going out routine too.

Has to be something crunchy though, can't be arsed with Oranges or Bananas... (Plus Bananas shouldn't be eaten in public)

oranges are a right royal pain the arse. all the pith to contend with and juice getting anywhere.

i like getting pre-chopped mango pots from pret or m&s. a lot more expensive than buying a whole mango but who can be fucked chopping one of them up in the office when you need an afternoon snack?

agree with bananas too. though women eating them in public should be actively encouraged.

oranges are a right royal pain the arse. all the pith to contend with and juice getting anywhere.

i like getting pre-chopped mango pots from pret or m&s. a lot more expensive than buying a whole mango but who can be fucked chopping one of them up in the office when you need an afternoon snack?

agree with bananas too. though women eating them in public should be actively encouraged.

Best way to eat oranges is like the chinese serve them after a meal.

Cut into segments with skin on and then popped in the gob gum shield style and separate orange from skin with teeth.

No mess.

Best way to eat oranges is like the chinese serve them after a meal.

Cut into segments with skin on and then popped in the gob gum shield style and separate orange from skin with teeth.

No mess.

If I were a crueller man, I'd point out that you could have said "like they used to give the players at half-time" rather than "like they give you with the hot towels after you've gorged on the Emperor's Banquet at the Ming Dynasty". But I'm not. :good:

Im still there :(

Just had a lush salad myself. Usual stuff (toms, beets, peppers etc) but I also throw in chilli and lemon and whack two tins of tuna over it.

Right then, after a 15 year hiatus I am now back in action pumping weights and staring at lasses in the gym.

What's the current thinking on eating and working out? Before, after, how long after, stuff your face in between sets?

Potato bread is great like, we're the reigning champs of breakfast to be sure, soda and potato bread has your fried bread effort beat hands down.

I've no idea where it is but when I visit one of my customers in Armagh he picks me up at the airport (Belfast Int) and we go for breakfast. It is THE best breakfast I've had, bar none. Includes the Potato bread and so on. Could eat one now actually..

I like the tatty scones the Scots have.

Proper "Full-English" should contain:

2 Bacon Rashers (smoked, thick cut, none of this American crispy shit)

2 Sausages (pork, and no novelty additions like apple or owt)

1 Fried Egg (I'm not a fan myself, but I appreciate it's non-negotiable for a lot of people)

1 Hash Brown

1 Tomato

1 Slice of toast (buttered)

1 pile of button mushrooms

Baked Beans

Glass of fresh fruit juice

1 mug of tea

I'd add tatty scones, black pudding and lose the toast and fried egg though.

p.s. this should be eaten at around 9am after a heavy night at a Wedding/Stag do/Birthday and not simply because you fancy one.

Edited by The Fish

Right then, after a 15 year hiatus I am now back in action pumping weights and staring at lasses in the gym.

What's the current thinking on eating and working out? Before, after, how long after, stuff your face in between sets?

Just do whatever feels comfortable and works for you. I've heard countless arguments for all variations. Personally I prefer:

Banana at around 4pm

Gym at 5pm

Tea whenever I get home & cook it - around 7.30pm

Or on a weekend:

Breakfast about 7.30am

Gym at 9-9.30am

Fruit/cereal bar at around 11am when I finish

Then home for normal meals the rest of the day

Mostly just to fit in with routine rather than any science.

I like the tatty scones the Scots have.

Proper "Full-English" should contain:

2 Bacon Rashers (smoked, thick cut, none of this American crispy shit)

2 Sausages (pork, and no novelty additions like apple or owt)

1 Fried Egg (I'm not a fan myself, but I appreciate it's non-negotiable for a lot of people)

1 Hash Brown

1 Tomato

1 Slice of toast (buttered)

1 pile of button mushrooms

Baked Beans

Glass of fresh fruit juice

1 mug of tea

I'd add tatty scones, black pudding and lose the toast and fried egg though.

p.s. this should be eaten at around 9am after a heavy night at a Wedding/Stag do/Birthday and not simply because you fancy one.

Finally got round to visiting the local legend that is Maggie a few weeks ago. Irishwoman of a certain age who delivers an artery-clogging breakfast of champions - 20 items (!), if you want them all - with charming brusqueness (and tops up your mug of tea every time she passes, whether you want it or not). Toast comes in white or white, already buttered; tea comes very milky. These things are indisputable.

Marvellous place, marvellous if very slightly scary lady.

Had an Ulster fry after a skinful too long ago now. Lovely jubbly although black pudding is a must for me on a breakfast. The bonus of having an Ulster Fry is that you get to ask for it in the accent. I use Jim Mcdonald's voice for this.

:D