How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Conclusion

Due to the very real uncertainties about the 5:2, especially as little is known about whether it could be harmful to health in the long-term, most health professionals would recommend you stick to the tried and trusted methods for weight loss and disease prevention:

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/01January/Pages/Does-the-5-2-intermittent-fasting-diet-work.aspx

At the end of the day another 1 3/4 equals a stone that's gone and me moved from obese to just overweight.

Whether that's water or not Im quite happy. (You moaning old woman) ;)

As long as you're not confusing "losing weight" with "becoming healthier", then that's fine I guess. A goal's a goal.

As long as you're not confusing "losing weight" with "becoming healthier", then that's fine I guess. A goal's a goal.

I understand what you are saying but changing from a poor diet to a good diet and moving from obese downwards can only improve your chances of staying healthy.

Simply losing weight is not my only overall goal, but initially getting back to my historical weight is my first overall goal.

Conclusion

Due to the very real uncertainties about the 5:2, especially as little is known about whether it could be harmful to health in the long-term, most health professionals would recommend you stick to the tried and trusted methods for weight loss and disease prevention:

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/01January/Pages/Does-the-5-2-intermittent-fasting-diet-work.aspx

Best you stick to your "tried and trusted" methods then. :lol:

They seem to be working an absolute treat.

I understand what you are saying but changing from a poor diet to a good diet and moving from obese downwards can only improve your chances of staying healthy.

Simply losing weight is not my only overall goal, but initially getting back to my historical weight is my first overall goal.

Then that makes sense as part of a wider plan, definitely. It's just that sometimes your focus on the weight side of things (especially at this time of year) can come across a bit like "if I make my target I can eat pies again!" - the long-term trend is far more indicative than what happens from day to day. (And I realise I'm hardly one to talk on that front. :)) But aye, an improved diet means further weight loss should come naturally too, if you're sticking to that after this month as well. In which case, my apologies for inadvertently prompting you to buy the Silver Spoon. :D

Conclusion

eating a healthy balanced diet with at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day

taking regular exercise

quitting smoking if you smoke

drinking alcohol in moderation

Fuck me, that's a revolutionary way of losing weight! Who would have thought it

Then that makes sense as part of a wider plan, definitely. It's just that sometimes your focus on the weight side of things (especially at this time of year) can come across a bit like "if I make my target I can eat pies again!" - the long-term trend is far more indicative than what happens from day to day. (And I realise I'm hardly one to talk on that front. :)) But aye, an improved diet means further weight loss should come naturally too, if you're sticking to that after this month as well. In which case, my apologies for inadvertently prompting you to buy the Silver Spoon. :D

:lol:

Aye, it's under lock and key at the minute!

I think a lot of people get confused with that. Being in the Army I would say I've been physically fit and a decent weight for the past 5 years but not healthy. It's not until the last 7 weeks that I have sorted out my diet that I realise how much shit I use to eat and drink. Anyone can run a mile in 6-7 mins but it doesn't mean your healthy.

As I've said before on here MyFitnessPal is the way forward in my opinion :)

Edited by 2bias

he's lost over a stone in a month or something just changing his eating,

then he goes back to normal. basically for a 4week period every year he's where he wants to be :D

That can't be healthy.

Out of interest CT what is your diet right now and what exercise do you do daily? Also since you've started have you lost much with your current method?

Anything as long as I stay under 1500 calories a day, however an example of recent weeks would be....

A banana and apple for breakfast.

Garlic mayo Tuna, cherry tomatoes and cucumber on cracker bread for lunch.

Beef stew packed with vegetables for tea.

Rather than having a very unhealthy diet previously, it was more a case of not realising how many calories I was actually taking in every day. Im pretty confident I can eat or drink anything now, stay around the 1500 calorie mark and lose weight.

I do zero exercise because I hate it. However my goal is to get to near enough the weight I want first and then try and get more involved in an exercise routine of some sort be that cycling, treadmill or just being more active.

My first target was to lose a stone during February and I need another 1 3/4 pounds off my Friday to achieve that first goal.

I also use My Fitness Pal app and swear by it.

Anything as long as I stay under 1500 calories a day, however an example of recent weeks would be....

A banana and apple for breakfast.

Garlic mayo Tuna, cherry tomatoes and cucumber on cracker bread for lunch.

Beef stew packed with vegetables for tea.

Rather than having a very unhealthy diet previously, it was more a case of not realising how many calories I was actually taking in every day. Im pretty confident I can eat or drink anything now, stay around the 1500 calorie mark and lose weight.

I do zero exercise because I hate it. However my goal is to get to near enough the weight I want first and then try and get more involved in an exercise routine of some sort be that cycling, treadmill or just being more active.

My first target was to lose a stone during February and I need another 1 3/4 pounds off my Friday to achieve that first goal.

I also use My Fitness Pal app and swear by it.

That sounds good, My Fitness Pal is amazing. Do you find that you consume your calories you've also burnt off? IE you gain calories by going for walk etc or do you just eat your daily allocated?

The hardest thing I've found is sticking to three meals a day and not snacking.

That sounds good, My Fitness Pal is amazing. Do you find that you consume your calories you've also burnt off? IE you gain calories by going for walk etc or do you just eat your daily allocated?

The hardest thing I've found is sticking to three meals a day and not snacking.

Not really burning any off so dont have that problem.

As for snacking I do, although it tends to be on healthier things or items that dont really impact to high on the calorie count.

IE, Fruit or go ahead crispy slices or cottage cheese on cracker bread etc.