How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

The logic in the fasting diet is that it's how early humans would eat which encourages the body to store energy in a 'better' way. Something to do with storing the energy in muscle rather than fat which happens when you eat too frequently. If you fast regularly the body thinks it needs to store energy differently than when it gets 3 meals a day. Combining it with low carb is meant to be good for weight loss and muscle development. I think J is right but if you have let yourself go a bit, it's meant to be an efficient way to get back into shape.

Evidence for this Chez? I mean proper evidence, not hunches.

Lad I know does the 12-8 eating thing combined with intense workouts and his body shape and muscle tone are really coming on. Mind he's also in the middle of transitioning female to male and is on hormone injections so that might have something to do with it. :lol:

Dieticians, and especially nutritionists, are full of shit imo. Burn more than you eat if you want to lose weight, simple as that. Eating between 12 and 8? Fuck off man. :)

This is essentially all it boils down to. But why would you run around all day looking for small meals instead of eating big once or twice a day. More practical to eat more and less often. Go to www.leangains.com and read on there. Guy not only talks the talk, looks the part too.

The whole "eat often" myth comes from being able to withstand snacks and junk food by planning ahead. It doesnt matter when you eat, only what you eat every day. Eat it all in one sitting if you must or can :)

Agreed. Myself, I can easily not eat til afternoon. But after that I could (and probably have) eat a

horse. It's getting the time and motivation to properly exercise is my problem though

Edited by Renton

That's the thing, it's not as bad as it sounds. Rather than the little and often I've done for as long as I can recall (plus little and often easily becomes a lot and often and shite and often), I'll be eating more but better.

Example is instead of a Tuna sarnie, yoghurt, coffee for lunch I'm having 2 chicken breasts, 100g rice and broccoli then some pineapple. Black coffee as well.

But yes, burn > consume is the basics of any fat loss but it's also about motivation and getting a routine that fits.

Lad I know does the 12-8 eating thing combined with intense workouts and his body shape and muscle tone are really coming on. Mind he's also in the middle of transitioning female to male and is on hormone injections so that might have something to do with it. :lol:

Don't think I'll go that far. Not at the min anyway ;)

Agreed. Myself, I can easily not eat til afternoon. But after that I could (and probably have) eat a

horse. It's getting the time and motivation to properly exercise is my problem though

I train before work before I've woke and realised what the fuck I'm doing ;)

Couldn't be arsed after work, just want to get home.

Evidence for this Chez? I mean proper evidence, not hunches.

There is very little direct evidence for evolution, it's certainly not a testable hypothesis. I think the best evidence for anything that you try is your subjective experience and weight loss. A perfect n=1 trial I you like ;)

I believe that a lot of work on Diabetes has been informative on diets including carbohydrates and complex sugars. It's the one clinical area I have never worked on so I only have a passing interest at best.

I've been doing the Kate Moss workout and it's working for me... A small glass of water for breakfast..A small glass of water for lunch with half a celery stick and a tiny bowl of leek and onion soup ( I can give you the recipe for this) and a thimble full of fresh orange juice for tea. I stick to this diet every day and I've gone down from 80 stone down to 3 stone 2 in just 3 weeks.

I start the day using a drinking straw with a pea on each end and do 10 reps, which keeps my arms toned.

Every month I'm allowed to buy a massive pizza and sit in front of the telly and watch my family eat it which is good for losing a few pounds of excess dribbling saliva.

If anyone is interested in losing weight, I suggest you get her workout and diet video titled 'post yourself under your own door in 6 weeks or your money back'. £29.99 is all good bookshops.

I've been doing the Kate Moss workout and it's working for me... A small glass of water for breakfast..A small glass of water for lunch with half a celery stick and a tiny bowl of leek and onion soup ( I can give you the recipe for this) and a thimble full of fresh orange juice for tea. I stick to this diet every day and I've gone down from 80 stone down to 3 stone 2 in just 3 weeks.

I start the day using a drinking straw with a pea on each end and do 10 reps, which keeps my arms toned.

Every month I'm allowed to buy a massive pizza and sit in front of the telly and watch my family eat it which is good for losing a few pounds of excess dribbling saliva.

If anyone is interested in losing weight, I suggest you get her workout and diet video titled 'post yourself under your own door in 6 weeks or your money back'. £29.99 is all good bookshops.

I think you've mistaken the Kate Moss Workout for the Butterfield Diet Plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgwJfbeCeU

I looked into that fasting thing as I know a few trying it and it sounded vaguely interesting, but I don't think I could manage it at all. Eating little and often with the occasional weekend binge and plenty exercise works perfectly for me so I'm sticking to that.

If you can't be bothered to eat, get a juicer and hoy a bit of fruit in it and drink that down, just make sure you add a banana and it perks you right up.

I normally put a small banana, an orange, some grapes and add a quarter pint of semi skimmed milk in when I can't eat breakfast. It's easy to just wallop down your neck and makes you feel good.

This is essentially all it boils down to. But why would you run around all day looking for small meals instead of eating big once or twice a day. More practical to eat more and less often. Go to www.leangains.com and read on there. Guy not only talks the talk, looks the part too.

The whole "eat often" myth comes from being able to withstand snacks and junk food by planning ahead. It doesnt matter when you eat, only what you eat every day. Eat it all in one sitting if you must or can :)

interesting; when i started training properly a few years back, a nutritionist friend of mine advised me to ditch the three big meals a day and eat more frequent meals - 6 small-ish meals a day, including snacks, to keep the metabolism ticking over, avoiding large portions which lead to over eating.

these days, i try to eat clean but basically eat when i'm hungry, which is pretty much all the time because i'm doing a bulking phase. every two hours or so i'll have something.

the fasting thing is something i've never considered.

interesting; when i started training properly a few years back, a nutritionist friend of mine advised me to ditch the three big meals a day and eat more frequent meals - 6 small-ish meals a day, including snacks, to keep the metabolism ticking over, avoiding large portions which lead to over eating.

these days, i try to eat clean but basically eat when i'm hungry, which is pretty much all the time because i'm doing a bulking phase. every two hours or so i'll have something.

the fasting thing is something i've never considered.

This is "Bro-science" and a total myth - there is no metabolic benefit to eating often. On leangains there is proof to support this - clinical double-blind tests etc. It comes from the bodybuilding world where you have huge guys with flat bellies who need insane amounts of calories each day and as such have to split it into smaller meals in order to get everything down.

What IS true is that it can have benefits for people who cant resist snacking and binging, if you tell them to eat only 2-3 times a day they might crack and start eating chips and shit food - so its for psychological purposes really and nothing else.

As long as you eat clean its incredibly simple.

When you are hungry, eat. When you are full, stop. Eat alot of veggies and protein and place your carb intakes right after you have worked out.

I have a diet from leangains which I paid 150 quid for a few years ago, I can send it to those of you who are interested. Its a full excel breakdown designed around fat-loss. Got me from 16% to 8% in like 2 months without any cardio (only a walk here and there)

This is "Bro-science" and a total myth - there is no metabolic benefit to eating often. On leangains there is proof to support this - clinical double-blind tests etc. It comes from the bodybuilding world where you have huge guys with flat bellies who need insane amounts of calories each day and as such have to split it into smaller meals in order to get everything down.

What IS true is that it can have benefits for people who cant resist snacking and binging, if you tell them to eat only 2-3 times a day they might crack and start eating chips and shit food - so its for psychological purposes really and nothing else.

As long as you eat clean its incredibly simple.

When you are hungry, eat. When you are full, stop. Eat alot of veggies and protein and place your carb intakes right after you have worked out.

I have a diet from leangains which I paid 150 quid for a few years ago, I can send it to those of you who are interested. Its a full excel breakdown designed around fat-loss. Got me from 16% to 8% in like 2 months without any cardio (only a walk here and there)

i'll take a pm. intrigued.

i've been down at 10 per cent before. but i never sustain it. i have to live like a monk to get there and am too prone to junk at weekends. 12 per cent seems to be my natural resting home.

Alcohol is no problem at all, it just stops the metabolism so anything you eat while out goes straight to the lovehandles.

Worst thing you can do basically is have a kebab on the way home.

What you need to do in general is find out what you LIKE to eat. 1 million ways of losing weight but if its unsustainable dietwise you will just get everything back and then some.

Personally I like cottage cheese with fruits and nuts etc, as well as meat in general. Proteins fill you up and they contain relatively little calories.

A simple rule when craving something is just to eat loads of steaks, eggs cottage cheese etc and then promise yourself that you can have whatever you craved after you have eaten that.

By the time you are done chances are you dont want it anymore, after a while the sugar and carb urge go away too.

Edited by Lake Bells tits