How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Was 16 stone 11 pounds when this pic was taken at our play-off game at start of June (I'm the baldy keeper)

dscf9387_4fce8568642be.JPG

A bit of pre-season training, walking the dug a 2-4 miler every night, cycling to work (10 miles each way) twice a week and cutting out butter/cheese/crisps/biscuits down to 15 stone 2 - aiming for 14 stone. Height is 6ft3.

Edited by topcat

Been doing around 5km a day for the last 2 weeks, played an hour of tennis over lunch yesterday. I was on about 15-20km a week over the summer but have hit about 40km this week as my schedule has allowed it. Feeling a bit fucked in the knees, thighs so not going today.

Regularly I should settle on 1 hour of tennis and 25km per week.

Eleven stone, 8 pounds. 5"9. (I usually vary between 11'0 and 11'4)

Put a few pounds on from my holiday, done fuck all exercise for a week as I was straight back to work and jet lagged. Running tomorrow and back to 'normal' eating from next week!

• 1 month later...

Been eating really shit lately but somehow still only put 1.3/4 pounds on this August so currently weighing in at 14 - 3 3/4.

Anyway, back on the healthy eating yesterday and hoping to get under 14 asap.

Are you doing any exercise too?

A friend of mine's parents have been trying a new fasting diet.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays they'll only eat 550 calories, whereas the rest of the week they'll eat the normal guideline amount.

Apparently it's really working out for them and they're feeling healthier since starting it too. Sounds weird to me but they're doing it with advice from a dietician there you go.

A friend of mine's parents have been trying a new fasting diet.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays they'll only eat 550 calories, whereas the rest of the week they'll eat the normal guideline amount.

Apparently it's really working out for them and they're feeling healthier since starting it too. Sounds weird to me but they're doing it with advice from a dietician there you go.

There was a documentry about it a while back.

I watche it, very interesting. I have cut my food portions down a lot, but with the amount of exercise I do I need to get enough food in me otherwise I wouldnt be able to do it.

There was a documentry about it a while back.

I watche it, very interesting. I have cut my food portions down a lot, but with the amount of exercise I do I need to get enough food in me otherwise I wouldnt be able to do it.

Im 8 weeks in to my fasting routine the side effect being I also eat less cals per day. Eating much cleaner. Near zero simple carbs, complex carbs daily, no processed carbs at all. A little fruit, lots of veg, stacks of good protein and good fats. I do a 3 day split on weights and 20 min cardio the same day plus one more days cardio. So not training over the top. I've only lost about 1/2 stone but about 2"'off my waist which is the idea. Not to lose weight but change composition.

Im 8 weeks in to my fasting routine the side effect being I also eat less cals per day. Eating much cleaner. Near zero simple carbs, complex carbs daily, no processed carbs at all. A little fruit, lots of veg, stacks of good protein and good fats. I do a 3 day split on weights and 20 min cardio the same day plus one more days cardio. So not training over the top. I've only lost about 1/2 stone but about 2"'off my waist which is the idea. Not to lose weight but change composition.

Thats good going man.

I'm lazy not daft ;)

The older and more overweight you get, the less arsed you can be to exercise.

Might be different for your generation who have been brought up on it.

Bollocks :)

My dad is 65 and he took up hill walking about 10yr ago. He stopped smoking and cut down his drinking. He still has a couple of cans a night. But on a recent check up his blood pressure was massively improved.

The older you get I think the more aware of your mortality you can (not necessarily will) become.

Bollocks :)

My dad is 65 and he took up hill walking about 10yr ago. He stopped smoking and cut down his drinking. He still has a couple of cans a night. But on a recent check up his blood pressure was massively improved.

The older you get I think the more aware of your mortality you can (not necessarily will) become.

So in another 10 years I'll start hill walking :)

Nah I just thought it was interesting that being obese and physically fit puts you at less relative risk of death from cardiovascular disease than being lean and unfit.

Amazing how much advice he's ignored in this thread over time like. :lol: