How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

• 3 weeks later...

How did I miss that?! :lol:

Despite eating like a piggy and drinking cocktails on my weekend away, I still lost a pound this week. That's a stone since mid-December. Unlike normal people it seems to have come off my wrists and my feet (bracelet and shoes are looser) instead of my arse - typical!

How did I miss that?! :lol:

Despite eating like a piggy and drinking cocktails on my weekend away, I still lost a pound this week. That's a stone since mid-December. Unlike normal people it seems to have come off my wrists and my feet (bracelet and shoes are looser) instead of my arse - typical!

So, tiny arms and legs, voluptuous batty

You are the Venus of Willendorf.

:whistle::outahere:

Managing to see my bf% drop and weight stay fixed. Happy with that like. Been 186lb for ages now, bf% down to 15.5%. Hols in Easter and Im under instruction from the wife to look in good shape :lol:

this circuit is a killer.

high knee raise standing sprint - 30 seconds

burpees - 30 seconds

lunge jumps - 30 seconds

pushups with a clap - 30 seconds

rest - 30 seconds

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

A diet rich in meat, eggs, milk and cheese could be as harmful to health as smoking, according to a controversial study into the impact of protein consumption on longevity.

High levels of dietary animal protein in people under 65 years of age was linked to a fourfold increase in their risk of death from cancer or diabetes, and almost double the risk of dying from any cause over an 18-year period, researchers found. However, nutrition experts have cautioned that it's too early to draw firm conclusions from the research.

The overall harmful effects seen in the study were almost completely wiped out when the protein came from plant sources, such as beans and legumes, though cancer risk was still three times as high in middle-aged people who ate a protein-rich diet, compared with those on a low-protein diet.

But whereas middle-aged people who consumed a lot of animal protein tended to die younger from cancer, diabetes and other diseases, the same diet seemed to protect people's health in old age.

The findings emerged from a study of 6,381 people aged 50 and over who took part in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) which tracks a representative group of adults and children in the US.

The study throws doubt on the long-term health effects of the popular Atkins and Paleo diets that are rich in protein. Instead, it suggests people should eat a low-protein diet until old age when they start to lose weight and become frail, and then boost the body's protein intake to stay healthy.

http://www.fhcrc.org/en/news/releases/2014/02/selenium-and-vitamin-e-supplements-can-increase-risk-of-prostate-cancer-in-some-men.html

A multi-center study led by Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center has found that high-dose supplementation with both the trace element selenium and vitamin E increase the risk of high-grade prostate cancer. But importantly, this risk depends upon a man’s selenium status before taking the supplements.

These findings, published in Journal of the National Cancer Institute, are based on data from the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial, or SELECT, a rigorously executed, randomized and placebo-controlled trial conducted by the SWOG cancer research cooperative group that involved more than 35,000 men. The study sought to determine whether taking high-dose vitamin E (400 IU/day) and/or selenium (200 mcg/day) supplements could protect men from prostate cancer.
Selenium supplementation increased cancer in men with high selenium status at baseline
Taking vitamin E increased cancer risk in men with low selenium status at baseline

I sharp scrapped the paleontology thing. I eat fish 4 or 5 times a week, along with loads of pulverized fruit and veg. At the minute I'm making soups for lunch.

Today is leek and cannelini bean with a chilli oil drizzle. Tomorrow a pearl barley broth. I'm absolutely impervious to illness and firearms.

I read that Guardian piece earlier. Nutrition experts are saying it's too early to draw too many conclusions from this research but it doesn't sound far fetched to me. Crash diets like Atkins aren't healthy. Getting a good balance of the right kind of protein, fats and carbs is.