How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Interested to find out what changes in week 2.

You go from 60 second runs with 90 second breaks to 90 second runs with 120 second breaks.

You do 6 runs rather than 8

9 minutes rather than 8

I ran a shorter distance than my last of week 1 but a longer distance than my first 2.

The extra running wasn't so much of a pain but the longer breaks were much better.

I reckon it's all lies.

Genuinely tho, I'm going to struggle once the kids holidays kick in as I can't leave him home alone. Unless I take him with me I suppose.

I reckon it's all lies.

Genuinely tho, I'm going to struggle once the kids holidays kick in as I can't leave him home alone. Unless I take him with me I suppose.

Don't know if you drive? If so go somewhere like that big park next to Penshaw monument and let him accompany you on his bike???

Been looking forward a bit

Week 1 - 8 minutes (1 minute bursts)

Week 2 - 9 minutes (1.5 minute bursts)

Week 3 - 9 minutes (Up to 3 minute bursts)

Week 4 - 16 minutes (Up to 5 minute bursts)

I'll be proud if I manage week 4 :D

I'm going the other way. Used to do an hour and ten mins run, was ill for a while a few weeks ago, had a month off work in Feb with an accident now I'm trying to do two 45 mins a week but seem to be struggling a little more than I used to. I packed in after half an hour on friday which is something I've never done before and I've felt a worse and carried on in the past. Not sure what the matter is but my inspiration has completely evaporated.

It's crazy how much of running or any other endurance sport is in your head. Once it gets in your head that you can't keep going or you need to stop, it's hard to shake. If you can get past that thought and keep going for another minute, you'll find yourself still going 20 minutes later and wondering what the fuck your problem was earlier. Not saying you don't know all this btw, it's just something I find bizarre when it happens to me.

Just did an hour and it was a piece of piss compared to anything I've ran in the last couple of months. All I did was lose a couple of pounds and freshen my running music up a bit. Strange. :)

I'm being gifted a treadmill by the bairns dad cos I don't think hills agree with me.

On the plus side, I lost 3lbs this week so that's 20lbs in total

I'm being gifted a treadmill by the bairns dad cos I don't think hills agree with me.

Great stuff, keep at it. :)

Well done. Putting the pressure on CT though.

Cath - lovely stuff, CT - keep it up, Gemmill - stop showing off.

;)

I've put on quite the weight during Matt's stag week. Looking forward to sweating it all off again.... in bed.*

* on the cross-trainer

I usually head from my house out towards Ponteland and then Belsay way. Or head down to the Tyne and then back up through Wylam and Stamfordham.

This was Ponteland, Wylam, then along the Tyne to the coast and back to mine through Holywell, Backworth way.

You getting out much on yours?

Second run of week 3 in the rain later in between the matches.

2 3 minute bursts. and 3 90 second bursts.

Utterly mad that I enjoy and look forward to it and am willing to do it in the rain.

Thanks for the recommend Meenzer, would definitely pass on the recommendation to anyone else thinking about it.

Nee bother. I've done nowt the last two weeks (holiday then laziness) so I might come back in at week 5-6 and work back up again rather than making myself "have" to do 5Ks straight off. (I know it sounds daft but there is a difference even in those few minutes extra, which is what the plan tries to teach you after all, so...)