How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Meant to do week 2 run 2 today but have what feels like a trapped nerve inbetween my shoulder blades. Had a particularly heavy night at work on Friday and it felt as though I'd pulled a muscle. Today every breath in is agony.

#Banter aside, Tooj, get on it, it's good. The one thing I'll say is try to do your running outdoors rather than on a treadmill if at all possible. The former is definitely a bit tougher on the legs, but I mainly did the latter due to a combination of Public Manboob Exposure Paranoia and not wanting to run around with headphones after dark - which should be less of an issue at this time of year. Anyway, I'd forgotten from past bouts of temporary fitness that it's definitely an extra step up to run on tarmac rather than a nice friendly moving treadmill. Did my first non-gym 5k of this "phase" earlier in the week and it was hard work, but it happened. Probably going to hit the local Parkrun on Saturday and see how much of a killer that is (the route is v. hilly).

It's dead easy, just do it by yourself. I ended up agreeing to do it with our lass and there's always an excuse.

It's extremely easy.

Does that mean Cath wins?

Just got home off week 4 run 1.

5 min walk

3 min run

90 second walk

5 min run

2.5 min walk

3 min run

90 second walk

5 min run

I was surprised to find myself not thinking about it 4 minutes into the runs. Just looking about and taking in the view of Tynemouth. Must be working.

Is Start Fitness the best place in town to get a gait analysis done?

I had bother around my knee and was recommended to go there. I was sold an expensive pair of trainers and told about my gait when running etc. Still kept getting the pain till I saw a physio who nailed the problem and gave me certain stretches to do. Never had trouble since. Make of that what you will.

Just did my first Parkrun. Some of the hills were a right pain in the arse - the local park is called Hilly Fields, so I suppose that should have been a clue :lol: - but it was generally all right. Decent bit of camaraderie certainly helps to spur you on even when you're feeling like a sweaty wreck of a human.

:lol: I'd take that. I felt more like Chris Froome's ganglier, dorkier but fatter brother. Best description I've ever heard of Froome's cycling style is that he looks like a granny pushing a shopping trolley up a hill.