How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

i've lost count at the number of bike accidents i've witnessed in my time living in london. a good pal of mine is lucky to still be alive after an accident he was involved in.

There was a bike fatality at a pretty nasty junction near here a year or two back, the next day you saw people taking the same risks as usual (skipping red lights, cutting across oncoming traffic to mount the opposite pavement etc.) right by a huge mass of floral tributes. Makes you wonder.

Me and the wife hired a Boris bike to ride from the West End to Carnaby Street. Had to ride one handed whilst using my phone as a sat nav. Literally the scariest episode of my life

:lol: I did the same thing in Paris. In the rain, in rush hour. Kept turning the wrong way down one way streets and all sorts. A stressful episode. My lass was going mental.

:lol: I feel like the wife may be getting a bit too much of the blame here.

When my eldest daughter was a toddler and she fell over she always used to blame me if I was anywhere near her. Unlike his 32" jeans, CT just hasn't grown out of that habit of blaming others.

So I was doing pull-ups yesterday in the gym, never had any problem with them in terms of injuring myself, some ironically flabby bird with a 'fitness instructor' top on pulls me up on my technique, and shows me how I should be doing it because it puts less pressure on the rotator cuffs, so I switch to how she showed me. Today I feel like my shoulder is dislocated. I'm convinced that there was fuck all wrong with what I was doing and she just wanted to feel superior.

Crossfit wankers. Seriously my pal who is usually alright has started boring the fucking tits off me about it every time I see him. I was round his house a couple of weeks ago and he whips his ipad out, goes on Youtube and puts a half hour long video of professional crossfitters on competing. Usually when he waffles on about it I feign interest to be polite but I had to tell him I didn't want to watch it.

I hate the whole community aspect of it as well, all kissing each others arses. I don't know if this is all crossfit gyms or just the one near me but apparently they have a bell that you run up and ring when you get a personal best and everyone stops and applauds :lol:

I don't think I'll ever change... ran just over 10 miles this morning and then went to McDonalds because I wanted to try a mint Aero McFlurry without any feelings of guilt. :lol:

I don't think I'll ever change... ran just over 10 miles this morning and then went to McDonalds because I wanted to try a mint Aero McFlurry without any feelings of guilt. :lol:

Nowt wrong with that! I'm just in from a soaking 50 mile bike ride, and the pizza that I specifically went out and bought yesterday for post-ride scran is in the oven.

Aye, carrot and stick is fine like, I only got round the Parkrun slog this morning because I knew there were poached eggs in my immediate future :D

breakfast of champions!. nowt unhealthy about eggs.

What do people do after the couch to 5k?

I'm on to week 7 and running 25 minute blocks uninterrupted now. I'll be up to 30 minutes in a fortnight and that's the end of the plan.

Is it best to increase distance or frequency?

I Could go back to week four or five and do each one twice in a row so it's an hour run 3 nights a week, or just keep doing the half hour runs but add nights. Don't really fancy running every night like. Mon, Wed and Fri with weekends off seems to work well without putting me off.

You can find plans online to get you from 5k to 10k,although you don't need to be running 10k three times a week.5k three times or 2 5ks and 1 10k would be plenty to keep you fit and keep a bit of weight off.