How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

I have apologised to Andrew and he has graciously accepted that apology. 

I had no intention of upsetting or disrespecting him but I need to remember that it isn't intentions which matter but the consequences of one's actions. 

As most of you know, I don't do political dissertation or societal commentary. I'm a fat arthritic 62 year old cynic and I do what I hope is mild mockery and banter. 

I don't always get it right or think before I post but will attempt to do so in the future. 

Thanks for the kind words while I was away. 

I respect Andrew for saving this ship of fools and for sticking to his plans and achieving his goals. 

I'm afraid this is more representative of me: 

dea-0008569-Dean-Alston-cartoon-New-Years-Resolutions-Man.jpg.9d01f7edde41e603eaf29626ea885fdf.jpg

All the best for 2023.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

That's pretty impressive. I've always had the opposite problem. Honestly don't mean that as a humble brag, I'm slim but in no way am I fit and healthy. I've long given up trying to gain weight, it just doesn't happen, maintaining this is hard enough. Ruled everything out from tapeworms to eating disorders, gp concluded "you must just burn it all off in nervous energy or you're more physically active that you're telling me. Get your cholesterol under control though or you'll be a young heart attack"

Thanks mate.

I can see it being a nightmare both ways really, putting on weight must be tough if you are wired that way.

I am generally pretty healthy, but since covid and working behind a desk I’ve packed a fair bit on without really realising. 

Calorie counting down to about 88kg which is about right for my frame and height I think

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Thanks mate.

I can see it being a nightmare both ways really, putting on weight must be tough if you are wired that way.

I am generally pretty healthy, but since covid and working behind a desk I’ve packed a fair bit on without really realising. 

Calorie counting down to about 88kg which is about right for my frame and height I think

I've had it both ways. Was skinny as a rake as a teenager and would think nothing of munching through a 4 pack of Greggs chocolate muffins without fear of putting on a pound. Fast forward 20 years and I can put 3lb on in a week just having a couple of takeaways :lol: 

13st is probably my fighting weight these days. I need to make a concerted effort to avoid snacks between meals to sit at that thought. I usually end up at 13.5st and then starve myself for a month like a fanny if I'm going on holiday or need to fit into a suit.

Of course, all of this could be avoided if I did a modicum of exercise 

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I've had it both ways. Was skinny as a rake as a teenager and would think nothing of munching through a 4 pack of Greggs chocolate muffins without fear of putting on a pound. Fast forward 20 years and I can put 3lb on in a week just having a couple of takeaways :lol: 

13st is probably my fighting weight these days. I need to make a concerted effort to avoid snacks between meals to sit at that thought. I usually end up at 13.5st and then starve myself for a month like a fanny if I'm going on holiday or need to fit into a suit.

Metabolism definitely slows as you age mind, I never had to think about it at all.

Im 40 in 18 months, so want to be back at my normal weight before that and then hope to maintain! 

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I thought you did weights and played 5 a side for some reason.

I haven’t been able to play 5 a side for over a month due to a dodgy hip. Literally falling apart in my 40s so have taken to use the low impact cross trainer for cardio 🙄

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I thought you did weights and played 5 a side for some reason.

I haven’t been able to play 5 a side for over a month due to a dodgy hip. Literally falling apart in my 40s so have taken to use the low impact cross trainer for cardio 🙄

I did up until the bairn was born. My wife's a nurse so until the bairn started school we literally worked opposite shifts 7 days a week for 4 years. Any exercise stopped overnight. 

That doesn't excuse the last 2.5 years mind. That's just down to sheer laziness. I need to get back into it this year really. To stop my CrossFitting wife leaving me for a younger man if nothing else :lol: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I did up until the bairn was born. My wife's a nurse so until the bairn started school we literally worked opposite shifts 7 days a week for 4 years. Any exercise stopped overnight. 

That doesn't excuse the last 2.5 years mind. That's just down to sheer laziness. I need to get back into it this year really. To stop my CrossFitting wife leaving me for a younger man if nothing else :lol: 

I’m sure someone once commented on here you looked a little bit like Michael Owen. Sounds like that’s still the case ;) 

It’s hard when you’re struggling to keep playing football though. As you’re probably like me in that it doesn’t feel like hard work as it’s fun. I’ve got a dodgy hip, knees and ankles like. I do enjoy walking, which helps. Not that I’m particularly svelte these days. St least you don’t drink. 

17 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I have apologised to Andrew and he has graciously accepted that apology. 

I had no intention of upsetting or disrespecting him but I need to remember that it isn't intentions which matter but the consequences of one's actions. 

As most of you know, I don't do political dissertation or societal commentary. I'm a fat arthritic 62 year old cynic and I do what I hope is mild mockery and banter. 

I don't always get it right or think before I post but will attempt to do so in the future. 

Thanks for the kind words while I was away. 

I respect Andrew for saving this ship of fools and for sticking to his plans and achieving his goals. 

I'm afraid this is more representative of me: 

dea-0008569-Dean-Alston-cartoon-New-Years-Resolutions-Man.jpg.9d01f7edde41e603eaf29626ea885fdf.jpg

All the best for 2023.

Wanted to take a moment to address this and hopefully draw a line under it (Im sure you all won't let me forget it that easily but hey ho)

As Robin has said we had a bit of a chat in private and he offered his apologies which is all good by me.

For my part I'll say that I was perhaps a little too sensitive on the matter, the reasoning for which I've spoken about with Robin and that will be staying there.

My hopes for my post were to get people talking a little bit more about their goals and health and to keep the general positivity that we do have in this thread for peoples efforts to be better going. I'm glad that despite my actions, you've all carried on with that conversation anyway and I hope you manage to achieve what you set out to in 2023!

I didn't ask for a public apology but I do appreciate that you've done one anyway Robin. You're a good fella.

Cheers all, Happy New Year and all that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

Wanted to take a moment to address this and hopefully draw a line under it (Im sure you all won't let me forget it that easily but hey ho)

As Robin has said we had a bit of a chat in private and he offered his apologies which is all good by me.

For my part I'll say that I was perhaps a little too sensitive on the matter, the reasoning for which I've spoken about with Robin and that will be staying there.

My hopes for my post were to get people talking a little bit more about their goals and health and to keep the general positivity that we do have in this thread for peoples efforts to be better going. I'm glad that despite my actions, you've all carried on with that conversation anyway and I hope you manage to achieve what you set out to in 2023!

I didn't ask for a public apology but I do appreciate that you've done one anyway Robin. You're a good fella.

Cheers all, Happy New Year and all that.

Pleased you two sorted it out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I set myself a target of getting down to 100kg in May and didn't get anywhere near it :lol:  Closest I got was 102.8kg.  Started this year 2.7kg lighter than the start of last year so I see that as a win. 

Big 5-0 this year so I'm back to the "100kg by May" mantra... until we get to May then it'll be "100kg by June" repeat ad nauseam.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Get some kebab grease in you to loosen the joints. Too much fucking quinoa, that’s your problem

fuck that shit, i need some wd-40!

• Haha 1