Toon - Villa: Official Match Thread

Meenzer

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parker booked - suspended against Arsenal. Fantastic.

64124[/snapback]

It's ok, big enough squad to cope.

;)

64126[/snapback]

Faye and Clark in central midfield next weekend? I can't wait. :unsure:

Newcastle: Given, Ramage, Boumsong, Bramble, Elliott, Solano (Bowyer 87), Faye, Parker, Shearer, Chopra (Luque 81), Ameobi.

Subs Not Used: Harper, Clark, Brittain.

Booked: Elliott.

Goals: Shearer 32 pen.

No Parker booking then!

Newcastle: Given, Ramage, Boumsong, Bramble, Elliott, Solano (Bowyer 87), Faye, Parker, Shearer, Chopra (Luque 81), Ameobi.

No Parker booking then!

64132[/snapback]

They were saying he was booked and would miss the Arsenal game on BBC Newcastle. I really hope you are right though.

No Parker booking then!

64132[/snapback]

They were saying he was booked and would miss the Arsenal game on BBC Newcastle. I really hope you are right though.

64133[/snapback]

Sky say we only had one yellow aswell. I heard it said on BBC Newcastle that Parker had been booked too.

No surprise to see Hansen and Lawrenson stick up for their mate - "you've got to give him time" - fuck off.

64174[/snapback]

Alan Green was saying the same thing. Not sure whether he was playing devils advocate or not but he was saying more blame should be laid at the chairmans door (not just ours but in general) after all they hire, fire and sanction deals. Unfortunately no one pointed out how difficult it was to shift a chairman, especially when you're a PLC.

No surprise to see Hansen and Lawrenson stick up for their mate - "you've got to give him time" - fuck off.

64174[/snapback]

Alan Green was saying the same thing. Not sure whether he was playing devils advocate or not but he was saying more blame should be laid at the chairmans door (not just ours but in general) after all they hire, fire and sanction deals. Unfortunately no one pointed out how difficult it was to shift a chairman, especially when you're a PLC.

64193[/snapback]

I like the brutal honesty of Mourinho's quote about the demand of giving managers time being just a poor excuse for failure.

64174[/snapback]

MOTD

Woodentop Lineker: 'but Villa played well?'

Lawrenson: 'Yes'

:(:(:unsure:;):(:(

Villa were there for the taking yesterday imo. We just weren't up to the job.

Postmatch quote from Souness:

"I'm far happier because the team had a real go.

"If you are a paying supporter, surely you realise you cannot win every game you are involved in, but the least you can hope for from your team is to give you 100%, and we got that today.

Eh? Surely but is expecting to win games against the likes of Wigan reserves or Villa at home really to much to ask for? I'd actually rather have the team playing half arsened and win these games...

Postmatch quote from Souness:

"I'm far happier because the team had a real go.

"If you are a paying supporter, surely you realise you cannot win every game you are involved in, but the least you can hope for from your team is to give you 100%, and we got that today.

Eh? Surely but is expecting to win games against the likes of Wigan reserves or Villa at home really to much to ask for? I'd actually rather have the team playing half arsened and win these games...

64202[/snapback]

It's all the fans fault anyway, don't you remember?

Bolloks, that pen miss saved his job for another week.

64135[/snapback]

I smell a conspiracy...

Doesn't Barry think he's on the verge of a move to SJP? If Souness goes, maybe he thinks it won't happen! :unsure:

Bolloks, that pen miss saved his job for another week.

64135[/snapback]

I smell a conspiracy...

Doesn't Barry think he's on the verge of a move to SJP? If Souness goes, maybe he thinks it won't happen! :unsure:

64298[/snapback]

Anyone got the footage of Shearer and Barry talking at the end of the game? I'm sure Shearer says "you joining then?"

I'm gonna hunt it out.

64174[/snapback]

MOTD

Woodentop Lineker: 'but Villa played well?'

Lawrenson: 'Yes'

:(:(:unsure:;):(:(

Villa were there for the taking yesterday imo. We just weren't up to the job.

64199[/snapback]

It's because they showed their only chances. Obviously the pundits didn't see the whole match.