Shaun Wright-Phillips

loonyTOON

Yeah, and I'd take him on that basis. He's wasted his career imo, basically by going to Chelsea to sit on the bench but he'd be an upgrade on what we have. When he was younger, i.e. first time round at Man City, he played through the middle a bit (under KK iirc) so he could be an option alongside Carroll too.

Yeah, and I'd take him on that basis. He's wasted his career imo, basically by going to Chelsea to sit on the bench but he'd be an upgrade on what we have. When he was younger, i.e. first time round at Man City, he played through the middle a bit (under KK iirc) so he could be an option alongside Carroll too.

I thought he looked a lot better through the centre, seem to remember him tearing us apart in that position and maybe getting a couple of goals.

I thought he looked a lot better through the centre, seem to remember him tearing us apart in that position and maybe getting a couple of goals.

Game at SJP where we won 4-3 iirc. KK was still at City I think. I think he started RW and moved inside.

Not sure why Man City would loan him out without the other team paying his wages (or at least a % of them), especially to a team that can't afford to buy him at the end of the loan. I wouldn't have him at SAFC tbh, most overrated player going.

Not sure why Man City would loan him out without the other team paying his wages (or at least a % of them), especially to a team that can't afford to buy him at the end of the loan. I wouldn't have him at SAFC tbh, most overrated player going.

Puts him in the shop window.

Puts him in the shop window.

If they intend to remove him from their squad list to free up a place for a transfer target, say, they'll be paying him for nothing anyway.