keegan to come back

Kid Dynamite

Thats the rumour I heard. hope to god it aint true, hes hardly showered himself in glory since he left. theres a reason he wasnt in the running for the hearts or pompey job! cos hes shit and nee one wants him!

why the hell curbishley hasnt been offered our job is beyond me. i like allardyce but i dont fancy having a team of has beens and never weres.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the rumour I heard. hope to god it aint true, hes hardly showered himself in glory since he left. theres a reason he wasnt in the running for the hearts or pompey job! cos hes shit and nee one wants him!

why the hell curbishley hasnt been offered our job is beyond me. i like allardyce but i dont fancy having a team of has beens and never weres.

64179[/snapback]

Keegan has left every club he's managed in a better state when he left than when he joined. That's a fact.

If he came back he'd be a massive improvement over Souness.

64179[/snapback]

Surely the lack of money he's had at his disposal has restricted who SA has been able to buy? I think he's been dead canny (or very lucky) in his dealings. Infact i wouldn't mind our team playing like his bunch of 'has beens and never were's' played yesterday!

I'd put my money on Shearer as manager with Keegan in some form of overseer/director of football role.

I'd rather have Hitzfeld, Hiddink, Le Guen etc but I really can't see it happening.

64214[/snapback]

That's exactly how I feel too.

I'd be happy with a Shearer Keegan type partnership. For me Keegan coming back would definitely lift the players, fans, atmosphere and Newcastle as a city and he's probably a realistic target as i dont think there's anyone else daft enough to come here and take the poison chalice.

I'd be happy with a Shearer Keegan type partnership. For me Keegan coming back would definitely lift the players, fans, atmosphere and Newcastle as a city and he's probably a realistic target as i dont think there's anyone else daft enough to come here and take the poison chalice.

64234[/snapback]

With his health, it'd probably kill him.

64234[/snapback]

64237[/snapback]

What's up with him?

64234[/snapback]

64237[/snapback]

What's up with him?

64243[/snapback]

Maybe it was the wrong choice of word, but I'm pretty sure he left Man City stating that his health was more important to him? Perhaps I've made that up :unsure:

Get a manager who was a defender.

Wouldn't be as foolish to accept his defence is giving 100% and can't do any better. When will Souness learn respecting Boumsong and accepting his poor performances is not the way to go.

64247[/snapback]

Shearer and Keegan with Tony Adams doing Lawrensons old job.

64234[/snapback]

totally agree, and I can't for the life of me see how anyone could be against Keegan coming back to Newcastle.

For my money, despite what they say now, if it happened they and the whole city would be jumping.

I don't think he has ever been the same since he left Newcastle, he fits at Newcastle and even if he didnt' repeat what happened the first time, he would lift everyone and the 2005-06 version is still light years better than the cretin we have in now

He left a good squad of players at man city. He put into place the foundation which has lifted Fulham from the old 3rd division to where they are now. Every club he has been at has benefitted hugely from him.

64234[/snapback]

64237[/snapback]

What's up with him?

64243[/snapback]

Maybe it was the wrong choice of word, but I'm pretty sure he left Man City stating that his health was more important to him? Perhaps I've made that up :unsure:

64246[/snapback]

he was reported as having back problems, which probably started when he was a player ie this was what ruled him out of the 1982 World Cup etc ....

Hard to say how this would effect him now, obviously it would mean he would spend less time on the training ground.

The word in Manchester was that KK quit because he found the job too stressful. I'd suggest that the Newcastle job (currently) is more stressful than the poisition he found himself in at Eastlands so there has to be a question mark there.

I'd love for KK to come back and make the same impact that he did 13½ years ago. The only reservation I personally have is that the fans yearned for many years for the return of Arthur Cox and when he finally did return (to the coaching staff), he didn't live upto supporter expectation and most were relieved when his services were dispensed of.

IF he came back, his main problem will be that everyone, whether intentionally or not, will compare his every little move to what he did in 1992. Even by KK's standards, he set one hell of a precedent.

The word in Manchester was that KK quit because he found the job too stressful. I'd suggest that the Newcastle job (currently) is more stressful than the poisition he found himself in at Eastlands so there has to be a question mark there.

I'd love for KK to come back and make the same impact that he did 13½ years ago. The only reservation I personally have is that the fans yearned for many years for the return of Arthur Cox and when he finally did return (to the coaching staff), he didn't live upto supporter expectation and most were relieved when his services were dispensed of.

IF he came back, his main problem will be that everyone, whether intentionally or not, will compare his every little move to what he did in 1992. Even by KK's standards, he set one hell of a precedent.

64294[/snapback]

That's exactly the reason I'd only want him back in a director of football role.

64294[/snapback]

That's exactly the reason I'd only want him back in a director of football role.

64299[/snapback]

:unsure: The director of football role would perhaps suit him better now than front-line management.

64294[/snapback]

I've been a massive Keegan fan all my life (and he is the one who dragged me into the Newcastle affection), but I have to agree. Happy memories might not be the right reasons to appoint a manager...

...on the other hand, I'd rather give this a try than having to live with the current tosser a single day more.

...on the other hand, I'd rather give this a try than having to live with the current tosser a single day more.

64303[/snapback]

I'm with you on that one...

How the fuck could he consider yesterday's performance "better" :unsure:

64303[/snapback]

I'm with you on that one...

How the fuck could he consider yesterday's performance "better" :unsure:

64304[/snapback]

In the same way that being poked with a sharp stick is "better" than having electrodes attached to your genitals?

64234[/snapback]

totally agree, and I can't for the life of me see how anyone could be against Keegan coming back to Newcastle.

For my money, despite what they say now, if it happened they and the whole city would be jumping.

I don't think he has ever been the same since he left Newcastle, he fits at Newcastle and even if he didnt' repeat what happened the first time, he would lift everyone and the 2005-06 version is still light years better than the cretin we have in now

He left a good squad of players at man city. He put into place the foundation which has lifted Fulham from the old 3rd division to where they are now. Every club he has been at has benefitted hugely from him.

64277[/snapback]

I totally agree with leazes and htl :unsure: I cant see it happening bit I would luv it if he came back.