keegan to come back

Kid Dynamite

If everyone involved in NUFC loved the club and showed as much passion and commitment as Keegan the player and Keegan the manager, I don't think we'd have too many problems.

65121[/snapback]

We'd be some club that's for sure.

Like we were when he was a manager.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have him back but not as a manager. Not ideally anyway.

65124[/snapback]

I'm not sure if the whole Director of Football thing (if that's what you are advocating) works really. The roles of him/the manager have to very clearly defined. Would a manager be happy with KK being at the club too? I think, giving the history he may well be perceived as a threat.

65124[/snapback]

I'm not sure if the whole Director of Football thing (if that's what you are advocating) works really. The roles of him/the manager have to very clearly defined. Would a manager be happy with KK being at the club too? I think, giving the history he may well be perceived as a threat.

65129[/snapback]

Depends who the manager is.

65124[/snapback]

65129[/snapback]

Depends who the manager is.

65130[/snapback]

Too short a repsonse, an imposter surely :icon_lol:

Seriously though, the manager-director of football relationship is obviously important in the sense that they get on but I think the clear definitions and boundaries of the roles is far more important. Otherwise you are creating problems further down the line.

I think you can recognise Keegan's "success" for us as well as admitting his failings - and there were a few which have been evident elsewhere since.

However his ending at Man City would suggest to me that talk of a comeback is complete bollocks and is simple nostalgia like you have for an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend where you're sure the old "magic" can be regained.

I'd agree, the role of the DOF in conjunction with the manager would have to be clearly defined so no-one can impeach on one another's job. But again, that would depend on the manager, really. In my view anyway. For example a KK-Shearer partnership would probably work as the two are not only great friends off the pitch, but they would, you'd imagine, share the same ambition and interests where NUFC is concerned. Whether that would materialise in success on the pitch, remains to be seen, but as a working relationship, it would be water-tight I'd like to think.

BTW Our two most successful eras came with a Director Of Football running things.

I think you can recognise Keegan's "success" for us as well as admitting his failings - and there were a few which have been evident elsewhere since.

However his ending at Man City would suggest to me that talk of a comeback is complete bollocks and is simple nostalgia like you have for an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend where you're sure the old "magic" can be regained.

65156[/snapback]

There is highlighting his failings and then there is downright bullshit. And there is a lot of that in this thread concerning not only KK as a manager, but his time at United.

65124[/snapback]

65129[/snapback]

Totally agree, the Director of football thing is a load of bollocks.

Keegan is a man manager, to be something else is a waste of his motivational skills, he may as well be a tea boy

Good point Craig but the reply will be "Keegan wouldn't have been stupid enough to have substituted him. Ever.".

You can't win against the Bellamy is God/Souness is Satan crowd.

64738[/snapback]

you're absolutely right, Keegan wouldn't have been stupid enough [or a prick] to sub him when he was the best player on the field

Is it inconceivable, I wonder, for Leazes to ever admit that Craig Bellamy is a big-mouthed, ill-disciplined, whinging and disrespectful prick??

He has pace. He has skill. He can play football. I was also one of those who was happy when he signed for us as I was aware of his potential (after working in E.Anglia and speaking to Norwich fans - oooooh, comparisons with someone on here and Luque  :icon_lol: ).  However, it is only after seeing him and reading regularly about him that it became obvious that the boy has problems.

Things are very quiet at Blackburn regarding CB and I'm sure the point will be made to prove that a good manager can keep him happy, but I wonder whether things will stay that way? Somehow I doubt it. Now then, another Toontastic Exclusive!: CB will cause some problems at Blackburn in the future.

65054[/snapback]

..... as many as Souness did ???????

65156[/snapback]

There is highlighting his failings and then there is downright bullshit. And there is a lot of that in this thread concerning not only KK as a manager, but his time at United.

65160[/snapback]

you know what HTT..I think it's extremely sad that people can find so much venom towards 2 individuals {keegan and Bellamy] who gave everything to this football club, [who they no doubt thought were great for the club when they were here] now that they have gone.

So, so sad. An unbelievable u-turn in both cases, why didn't they tell us all these huge character flaws they have, and how crap and destructive they were, when they were both here ?

Well predicted NJS. :icon_lol:

Refreshing to know that the point I was trying to make was obvious to most...

65245[/snapback]

.... what, you mean Souness causes his own problems. Before you answer, look at the league table, and the bickering among Newcastle fans that has resulted from his managership

KK leaving was very sad for NUFC, in the end, i can't help feeling he fell short just a little. I think his nerve went and Fergie got to him. You could see him on the touchline in those last few games, transmitting his anxiety to the players, shame. If we'd have won, so much could have been different. :icon_lol:

Still it was up to the board to find a better manager than KK, they didn't. B):)

KK will alwys be a legend, it's an insult to him to mention his contribution to the club and Bellamy's in the same sentence, shame on you :):):D

I'm going to use my crystal ball to say the situation would never have arose because KK wouldn't have bought Bellamy in the first place :icon_lol:

65253[/snapback]

The Gospel according to LeazesMag will probably say otherwise....

65156[/snapback]

65160[/snapback]

you know what HTT..I think it's extremely sad that people can find so much venom towards 2 individuals {keegan and Bellamy] who gave everything to this football club, [who they no doubt thought were great for the club when they were here] now that they have gone.

So, so sad. An unbelievable u-turn in both cases, why didn't they tell us all these huge character flaws they have, and how crap and destructive they were, when they were both here ?

65249[/snapback]

WILL YOU FUCK OFF ABOUT CRAIG BELLAMY MAN???

:icon_lol:

Keegan is  a man manager, to be something else is a waste of his motivational skills, he may as well be a tea boy

65238[/snapback]

I quite like the idea of a Director of Football and I think Keegan would excell in such a role at a club like Newcastle. That is the only way I'd like him back, ideally. Our current DOF if you like, is Freddy Shepherd and he's proved where his brains are, in finances, not football.

As a manager, KK is a very good manager in my opinion, but not good enough for Newcastle or to take us where we need to be as absurd as that sounds given how he actually took us to where we are today.

If KK for example were in charge of the football club however, with a manager or coach underneath him who trains, selects and writes up shopping lists, he has the drive, ambition, passion, personality, intelligence, confidence, belief and respect of everyone in Toon, to transform the club's way of operating.

I would be far happier with the club in KK's hands than anyone elses, as a manager, it's a fickle game so results could go either way, i.e no guarantee of success or aiming to achieve success, as a DOF I just couldn't see us losing if KK had passion for that type of role.

A return as manager, I'd be concerned and I would hate for his memory to be tarnished if he came back and failed which, lets be honest, would be likely.

Again, it would depend on the manager whether it would work. I personaly believe a combination of Keegan and Shearer could well work. Short and long-term.

People forget, Keegan isn't just a good manager, he's a very very good businessman and a media personality too - he knows both game's inside out. He could own a club outright and bring success that man.

And hey, who knows, he may need the practice...

65156[/snapback]

65160[/snapback]

65249[/snapback]

:lol:

65263[/snapback]

No.

Basically, if you still can't see it, the problem is that Souness is still here, and we are worse off than when he came.

And fuck off yourself you stupid cunt

Keegan is  a man manager, to be something else is a waste of his motivational skills, he may as well be a tea boy

65238[/snapback]

I quite like the idea of a Director of Football and I think Keegan would excell in such a role at a club like Newcastle. That is the only way I'd like him back, ideally. Our current DOF if you like, is Freddy Shepherd and he's proved where his brains are, in finances, not football.

As a manager, KK is a very good manager in my opinion, but not good enough for Newcastle or to take us where we need to be as absurd as that sounds given how he actually took us to where we are today.

If KK for example were in charge of the football club however, with a manager or coach underneath him who trains, selects and writes up shopping lists, he has the drive, ambition, passion, personality, intelligence, confidence, belief and respect of everyone in Toon, to transform the club's way of operating.

I would be far happier with the club in KK's hands than anyone elses, as a manager, it's a fickle game so results could go either way, i.e no guarantee of success or aiming to achieve success, as a DOF I just couldn't see us losing if KK had passion for that type of role.

A return as manager, I'd be concerned and I would hate for his memory to be tarnished if he came back and failed which, lets be honest, would be likely.

Again, it would depend on the manager whether it would work. I personaly believe a combination of Keegan and Shearer could well work. Short and long-term.

People forget, Keegan isn't just a good manager, he's a very very good businessman and a media personality too - he knows both game's inside out. He could own a club outright and bring success that man.

And hey, who knows, he may need the practice...

65274[/snapback]

I would be more than happy to put the club in Keegans hands, very happy in fact, but if the team manager is shite the results etc will still be shite mate.

Look at Fulham, he was DOF there and Wilkins was boss, and they were nowhere, it wasn't until Keegan took over running the team that they took off and got promoted.

65156[/snapback]

65160[/snapback]

65249[/snapback]

:lol:

65263[/snapback]

No.

Basically, if you still can't see it, the problem is that Souness is still here, and we are worse off than when he came.

And fuck off yourself you stupid cunt

65497[/snapback]

Jesus wept. Potty mouth.