We were better off before Souness made his changes at huge expense

and BTW is your maths improving .....

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have KK back in a shot like.

65083[/snapback]

I'd have him shot, we need to move forward not look dewey eyed at a wonderful rose tinted past, no matter how entertaining we were will still won bugger all, lost years in having no reserve team/academy, yes he WAS good then, but come on get real, that was the past and has no part of the future of this club, lets not make ourselves look stupid by knocking another few seasons off our history by realising too late we have nother mangerial casualty on our hands, we will be as bad as southampton before long, a manager a year.....

Dont get me wrong i love KK but for what he did and lets leave it at that, you cannot catch lightning in a bottle twice...... :lol:

canny point as usual

One thing you can't dispute is

65519[/snapback]

The rantings of a mad man.

As for my maths, I do alright thanks.

canny point as usual

One thing you can't dispute is

65519[/snapback]

The rantings of a mad man.

from where I'm looking, only a blind man can disagree with the above facts.

As for my maths, I do alright thanks.

65524[/snapback]

See above. Those things that define quality of football teams, are called points. The more you get, the better you are.

More types of figures are things called money, if someone spends or invests a lot of money, they expect a better return for it.

Edited by LeazesMag

Leazes man, I think the point that Gemmill is trying to make (as are the rest of us) is that Souness and Bellamy are not intrinsically linked. You seem to think they are though.

Just because people are glad Bellamy is gone, doesn't mean they're pro-Souness. You need to come to terms with it man...

Leazes man, I think the point that Gemmill is trying to make (as are the rest of us) is that Souness and Bellamy are not intrinsically linked. You seem to think they are though.

yes, you are right. They are intrinsically linked to the fortunes of Newcastle United since September 2004.

I'm only surprised that, despite all the factual evidence that this club has gone through a disastrous period since, that people disagree.

Just because people are glad Bellamy is gone, doesn't mean they're pro-Souness. You need to come to terms with it man...

65544[/snapback]

As I've said, if you back the manager, or say you will give him time, then you must by defnition believe he will be successful and so back his actions.

If you don't believe he will be successful, why back his actions ???

It's as logical as pointing to the league table, and looking at the results.

Edited by LeazesMag

65519[/snapback]

Dunno. Are your grammar?

65610[/snapback]

?

are you one of these daft buggers who thinks we should call "maths", "math" ?

Other than that, I can't see your point.

If you do, it's a bit rich coming from someone who says "dunno" .........

Neither "math" nor "dunno" is English, at least they aren't in my book

Waiting for Meenzer [and anyone else] to start giving English lessons .....

Edited by LeazesMag

As I've said, if you back the manager, or say you will give him time, then you must by defnition believe he will be successful and so back his actions.

65614[/snapback]

As has been said many times before, I don't back Souness. I did say give him time because everyone needs time to prove themselves. He has proved that he's shite and therefore he must go.

You'll say I've said "give him time" for too long. I think he needed to have the chance to build his own team over the summer and show what he can do with the players he brings in. He's had that chance now and blown it. But you're wrong to say that by definition I believe he will be successful - 'hope' is a much more accurate word.

Back his actions? There's only a handful of actions he's done that I agree with:

Sell Bellamy

Sell Robert

Buy Owen

Buy Luque

Buy Parker

Buy Emre

Buy Solano

The rest, I don't back or agree with..

65614[/snapback]

As has been said many times before, I don't back Souness. I did say give him time because everyone needs time to prove themselves. He has proved that he's shite and therefore he must go.

You'll say I've said "give him time" for too long. I think he needed to have the chance to build his own team over the summer and show what he can do with the players he brings in. He's had that chance now and blown it. But you're wrong to say that by definition I believe he will be successful - 'hope' is a much more accurate word.

Back his actions? There's only a handful of actions he's done that I agree with:

Sell Bellamy

Sell Robert

Buy Owen

Buy Luque

Buy Parker

Buy Emre

Buy Solano

65623[/snapback]

look at the league table

..... and the accounts of the club [one for the accountants]

I still reckon 87 of the 92 league clubs would swap their accounts with ours.

65631[/snapback]

Before Souness came, there was also 88 out of 92 who would swap league positions ........

65614[/snapback]

Sell Bellamy

Sell Robert

Buy Owen

Buy Luque

Buy Parker

Buy Emre

Buy Solano

65623[/snapback]

As has been said before, we actually needed one striker and some defenders when Souness arrived. Doesn't matter that these may be decent individual players, he signed the wrong ones. Even if they were the right ones, the incompetent fool can't manage them properly.

Even if they were the right ones, the incompetent fool can't manage them properly.

65649[/snapback]

Now I agree with you on that comment....

65614[/snapback]

Sell Bellamy

Sell Robert

Buy Owen

Buy Luque

Buy Parker

Buy Emre

Buy Solano

65623[/snapback]

look at the league table

65628[/snapback]

The accounts are in good shape - Freddy sees to that (and him, not Souness is at fault if they're not).

As for the league position - don't see it in the actions I listed above therefore where's the argument? :lol:

Leazes,

Do you think Freddie Shepherd is a good chairman for NUFC?

65698[/snapback]

...the same Freddy Shepherd who appointed, and continues to fully support, Graeme Souness.

Be interesting, this one... :lol:

Leazes,

65698[/snapback]

...the same Freddy Shepherd who appointed, and continues to fully support, Graeme Souness.

65710[/snapback]

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

You've spoilt my surprise attack :lol:

Leazes,

65698[/snapback]

65710[/snapback]

Not to mention supporting Souness over the whole Bellamy affair.....

We'll probably get something along the lines of "well Shepherd will sack Souness, appoint Keegan who'll buy Bellamy back.....etc."

and the fact that he's supported Souness will be conveniently ignored! :lol:

65614[/snapback]

Sell Bellamy

Sell Robert

Buy Owen

Buy Luque

Buy Parker

Buy Emre

Buy Solano

65623[/snapback]

look at the league table

65628[/snapback]

The accounts are in good shape - Freddy sees to that (and him, not Souness is at fault if they're not).

As for the league position - don't see it in the actions I listed above therefore where's the argument? :lol:

65665[/snapback]

They may be in good shape, but I doubt it, they certainly can't be in such good shape as before Souness came. For a worse league position.

And - in spite of your statement that Shepherd runs the clubs accounts, that is true under normal circumstances, but this has also been said before, Souness is responsible for putting us in a position of underselling players by telling the whole of the football world he didn't want certain players, then also putting us in a position where everyone knew we were desperate to replace them and knew they could overcharge us.

No one else is responsible for this. Only Souness.

He also decided to buy the players we have bought. In my estimation, the players we have brought in could have been bought for at least 10-15m less if he had behaved sensibly and played his cards better, and players sold could also have raked in more cash.

Incompetent management, all round, and you know it, it doesn't need an accountant to spell this out.

Edited by LeazesMag

Leazes,

65698[/snapback]

Of course. He has fully supported all his managers with total financial backing.

Why, don't you ?

Before you and anyone else rattles off the names of Gullit and Dalglish, don't bother unless you said at the time they would be crap ....... because if you do think he was stupid for appointing them, then you must be as stupid as you think he is .....

And name me as many chairman as you can who have backed their managers as much as Shepherd has ?

We'll probably get something along the lines of "well Shepherd will sack Souness, appoint Keegan who'll buy Bellamy back.....etc."

65736[/snapback]

you and Gemmil on the brink of another u-turn perhaps ....... I presume you are going to join the bandwagon who say he's stupid for appointing Dalglish and Gullit when you agreed with him at the time .....

65736[/snapback]

you and Gemmil on the brink of another u-turn perhaps ....... I presume you are going to join the bandwagon who say he's stupid for appointing Dalglish and Gullit when you agreed with him at the time .....

65889[/snapback]

Is there such a bandwagon or is this another one that only exists in your head? Like the people that said Shola was the next Shearer.

65736[/snapback]

65889[/snapback]

Is there such a bandwagon or is this another one that only exists in your head? Like the people that said Shola was the next Shearer.

65890[/snapback]

Did you ?

I made my usual first, correct impression after one game of Shola Ameobi.....