England vs France match thread

Besty

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff from Carroll tonight, he played to his strengths and he performed quite well. He was winning a lot of the headers and getting the right knock downs and distributing the ball well but he wasn't given any real chances on goal which is a shame.

Sounded to me like Carroll was the only decent thing to come out of tonight's match. I think the game itself typified the problem England has with a lack of technical players and a manager who really doesn't have the right attitude himself and doesn't encourage the right attitude in the players.

I thought he was one of the few English players to come out of the game with any credit. Barry and Walcott were fucking hopeless and Benzema embarrassed Ferdinand. Lescott was struggling throughout, Gibbs was shakey at the back and when he finally got forward in the second half his delivery (much like Milners) was poor, Young barely touched the ball and Jagielka was the worst rightback since Perch. I actually thought Henderson wasn't too bad. Nowt flash but generally neat and tidy and he put in one excellent pass for Johnson.

Overall though we just didn't get any quality in and around the box and has been said Carrol's had far better service in a Newcastle shirt this season which is a damning indictment of the quality of England's attacking.

Tough game for Henderson tbf, just about coped. Carroll acquitted himself really well, not spectacular but showed his potential. Lescott was turbo shit, Gerrard looked likely to score but was shit generally too, the jizz fest about him on ITV was nauseating.

Quite enjoyed watching it anyway, Nasri and Benzema were different class.

I think Henderson should be fine once he finds his feet with the senior team, with a full strength team he will probably find himself on the fringe of the squad - as will Carroll I suspect.

Henderson was largely anonymous but I think the responsibility was largely on the senior midfielders to keep things under control.

I think Henderson should be fine once he finds his feet with the senior team, with a full strength team he will probably find himself on the fringe of the squad - as will Carroll I suspect.

Henderson was largely anonymous but I think the responsibility was largely on the senior midfielders to keep things under control.

Good night for the north east. Carroll played well, stayed fit and 20 year old football fan Jordan from Sunderland won front row tickets to see his hero Sami Nasri play #AC09

:lol:

Disagree on the Ashley Young assesment like.

Everytime he got the ball he turned his man and his pass completion must of been atleast 96%. He was also always tracking back and for me was the best player on the pitch. Carroll played well but wasnt really given anything, but the little he was gave he done well with.

MOTM though for me was Young.

Tough game for Henderson tbf, just about coped. Carroll acquitted himself really well, not spectacular but showed his potential. Lescott was turbo shit, Gerrard looked likely to score but was shit generally too, the jizz fest about him on ITV was nauseating.

Quite enjoyed watching it anyway, Nasri and Benzema were different class.

Just about coped!

He got pissed on from a very great height from the first whistle. What position was he mean't to be playing anyways, holding midfielder?

The only holding Henderson was doing was his two arse cheeks together every time Nasri got a hold of the fucking football.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

What a load of wank. No pace, no power, no creativity, Carroll did not one thing wrong, no service and was our best player which is saying fuck all.

When you look at Barry, I know people rave about him, he's the worst player England has ever had with over 50 caps, there ye are, what does he do? He's a marginally better Alan Smith. There's players on this board with more natural talent than him. Tells you everything you need to know about how we teach our kids to play football when you look at the likes of him and Lescott compared to your Ben Arfa's and Gourcouff's like what they produce. Utter pish!

My two penneth worth...

If your idea of a great England future is watching the ball humped upto a tall centre forward and hoping for scraps off the knock downs, then you will have cause for optimism tonight. If however you prefer to see nice football on the ground, (see Frances first goal) then you will be gutted.

With regard to Carrols performance he did ok considering the shite he was playing with and the dreadful service. Why get someone in who is great in the air and not cross, even on set pieces, did they not watch his goal against Blackburn ffs.

Im not that interested in the continually dissapointing England team and overall thought they were gash. They reminded me of the Newcastle teams of a few years ago.

I still have yet to be convinced that Carrol is the great hope and that he is more than a Duncan Ferguson, Steve Bull, Dion Dublin or that ilk.

Barry hasnt got 50 caps, not far off though.

Gourcuff, Maloud and Nasri, are alot better players than Ben Arfa.

Well ye naa what a mean 43 well wiki'd, he will have next year with this iron haired prick in charge. The FA are the worst organisation on earth, worse than the Tory government. £12m to pay him off, and get someone progressive in and they bottled it.

Barry hasnt got 50 caps, not far off though.

Gourcuff, Maloud and Nasri, are alot better players than Ben Arfa.

Nope, Nasri is in amazing form, Ben Arfa can be as good.

I thought it was 47, no wiki involved.

You basing this on a couple of games he's played for us or were you an avid Marseille fan last year? Ben Arfa has always had the potential, as has Nasri it was obvious from a young age that Nasri was going to be something special though. I saw a fair bit of both on betfair (I regulary log on and watch as much foreign football as possible aswell as much live stream football as possible).

Nasri within the next couple of years will be one of the best on the planet, behind Ronaldo and Messi who are untouchable. Ben Arfa wont, he will be quality dont get me wrong but not the level Nasri will achieve Malouda is just fantastic and Gourcuff is phenomenal.

On his day Ben Arfa is up there with the best of French talent (of all time) - he is certainly their greatest hope.

There best hope? Fucking hell dont be daft. Nasri, Malouda, Ribery, Gourcuff and the kid whose name started with Va (He scored tonight) are all alot highly rated over Ben arfa. He is good dont get me wrong but he really isnt the shoulder of french football.

I thought it was 47, no wiki involved.

You basing this on a couple of games he's played for us or were you an avid Marseille fan last year? Ben Arfa has always had the potential, as has Nasri it was obvious from a young age that Nasri was going to be something special though. I saw a fair bit of both on betfair (I regulary log on and watch as much foreign football as possible aswell as much live stream football as possible).

Nasri within the next couple of years will be one of the best on the planet, behind Ronaldo and Messi who are untouchable. Ben Arfa wont, he will be quality dont get me wrong but not the level Nasri will achieve Malouda is just fantastic and Gourcuff is phenomenal.

Nasri is in great form, absolute travesty that he wasn't taken to the World Cup. Ben Arfa has always had unlimited talent, I saw him lots at Lyon and when he turns it on he really is unplayable. He had problems there, and massive problems at Marseille, his ability is second to none it's his attitude that has been the major stumbling block throughout his career. Nasri's a great player no doubt about it, but will never be near the top 5 in the world, Ben Arfa may not, but he has the talent to be what he wants. Nasri is at the greatest club other than Barcelona to develop though.