Sky Anytime +

Kid Dynamite

Anyone got this yet? Its not as good as they describe yet. For example there aren't any of the big US shows available to watch the full series of atm. Hopefully this will come in the next few weeks though

There are about 500 movies to choose from and a shit load of sporting events, such as all of Hattons fights, Hayes fights etc., but if you are like me and only get one of the movies packs and one sports pack it wont let you access them :lol: Im not taking the bait and signing up for the others either!

i already give murdoch enough money a month. it's already over £60 with the internet and the hd package. he can fuck off if it's more cash on top of that. i was thinking of moving over to virgin actually. recordings keep failing when i series link them and i often get no signal for no apparent reason meaning i have to reboot the whole thing which takes about ten minutes brfore the picture comes back.

anyone else with branson? how does virgin compare to sky?

I cant get Virgin TV in CLS unfortunately!

If you get Sky HD then Anytime+ is free. You have to sign up for it in your online account and then you just plug the Sky box into your modem and it starts up straight away. The Mrs has made me get the 2nd movie pack as its only an extra £5 a month. You basically get every film on all the Movie channels but they are on demand

I got a years free HD to get me to sign up so I currently get

Sky HD

Sky Sports 1

ESPN

All Movie Channels

All entertainment channels except Kids

Unlimited Broadband

for £60pm

This will go up to £70 when my free HD runs out but thats when Ill threaten to leave!

I've got Sky, Broadband, etc. etc.

How do I get this? Tried going online but it's asking me to sign up for a package I've already got. I'm confused.

You can pay 60quid for a dongle from Sky. Or do what I did and just plug your wireless box into the phone socket behind the TV instead

Meh, don't have a phone jack in the front room and I won't pay £60 for a dongle.

fuck it, I'll just steal movies instead.

Edited by The Fish

It's a load of bollocks imo. It's exclusive to Sky HD customers who have Sky Broadband at the moment and none of the VOD stuff is in HD. How it can be just for the HD customers and NOT be in HD is fucking ludicrous but typical Sky really.

I switched to O2 broadband months ago but wouldn't have bothered with this anyway as the download speed I was getting with Sky was so pathetic I could have zipped over to Blockbusters, rented the Blu-ray and got home and watched it in the time it'd take to download the SD version to my box!

Edit: ...and Gemmill, just invest in a couple of homeplugs to solve the 'different rooms' problem - Clicky

Edited by MrBass

Got this last week. Isn't too bad as only needed a 4 metre cable to link the modem to the sky box.

Seems like a good idea but the selection isn't that great. Have heard that next year it'll be available to users with other internet providers and will also have a bigger collection. Keeping an eye out for when sky bring out the HBO channel.

• 1 month later...

Sky have announced they are bringing HBO boxsets to Anytime + to coincide with the start of Sky Atlantic, including the Sopranos, The Wire and Mad Men :icon_lol:

Sky has confirmed that it will be bringing major HBO series to its Sky Anytime+ service in 2011, tying in with the launch of the eagerly anticipated Sky Atlantic channel.

Sky told a media briefing that it ‘box sets’ of HBO content including The Sopranos and The Wire would be made available on its new Anytime+ service.

This is a major boon for Sky’s latest launch, which is currently sitting pretty in terms of movie content but looks light in terms of television shows.

Currently, Anytime+ has little more than a selection of Sky commissioned dramas, but the company is working hard to get more.

“We are in talks with third parties, explained Sky’s Kathryn Downward. “We will continue to look for the best content.”

This means, of course, that we are likely to see a scrabble for the pick of the world’s best content – although it will be the major US series that attract the most interest.

Sky has proven its commitment to US television by snapping up the major shows – like Bones, The Simpsons and Lost – but will need new deals to show them as VoD.

Sky have announced they are bringing HBO boxsets to Anytime + to coincide with the start of Sky Atlantic, including the Sopranos, The Wire and Mad Men :icon_lol:

Sky has confirmed that it will be bringing major HBO series to its Sky Anytime+ service in 2011, tying in with the launch of the eagerly anticipated Sky Atlantic channel.

Sky told a media briefing that it ‘box sets’ of HBO content including The Sopranos and The Wire would be made available on its new Anytime+ service.

This is a major boon for Sky’s latest launch, which is currently sitting pretty in terms of movie content but looks light in terms of television shows.

Currently, Anytime+ has little more than a selection of Sky commissioned dramas, but the company is working hard to get more.

“We are in talks with third parties, explained Sky’s Kathryn Downward. “We will continue to look for the best content.”

This means, of course, that we are likely to see a scrabble for the pick of the world’s best content – although it will be the major US series that attract the most interest.

Sky has proven its commitment to US television by snapping up the major shows – like Bones, The Simpsons and Lost – but will need new deals to show them as VoD.

If anyone gets the chance, check out the John Adams series on HBO. Perdy damn good.

Just got Sky, last time home (told Virgin to do one). The jury is still out.

• 6 months later...

Just ordered this. I cannot recommend enough the old trick of ringing Sky and telling them you're thinking of leaving btw. I've just got my next 6 months telly for 50% off. Do it.

The first lass told me she could only do 20% off, and when I asked for more told me I'd need to speak to cancellations to get more than 20% off. Spoke to them and they knew not to mess.

Just ordered this. I cannot recommend enough the old trick of ringing Sky and telling them you're thinking of leaving btw. I've just got my next 6 months telly for 50% off. Do it.

The first lass told me she could only do 20% off, and when I asked for more told me I'd need to speak to cancellations to get more than 20% off. Spoke to them and they knew not to mess.

Anytime+ is well worth it like. Got my Xbox in the bedroom now so I can watch the movie library on Anytime in bed, about 500 of them.

I rang up last week to cancel my HD channels as Sky + Broadband + Phone Line + HD + ESPN + all Movies + all Sports = £80pm :rolleyes:

They just gave me the HD pack for free for 6 months, didn't even have to ask!