Anyone getting the X-Box 360?

menace13

Been rumoured that the 360 will be under $300 but knowing our luck it will be £300. :blush:

5271[/snapback]

Just small change then? :D

Wait ahwile, they usually knock a few hundred off after a year or two, when all the games are then getting better as developers get used to the new system.

the only problem with putting stuff off til it gets cheap, is that the system is no longer the best you can get, just the best you can afford.

I've always thought it's best to buy top of the range thing cos at least then it stays contemporary for longer.

I'm very interested so I might hold off my PSP and get a 360.

5255[/snapback]

I'd definitely hold off the PSP mate, tbh I just use mine to play movies on. Ive had it since April and the only games Ive been impressed with are Ridge Racer and Lumines. Been a lot more impressed with the DS.

I'll be getting one. Was going to hold off and wait for the first price drop but with all the recent announcements, RE5 and Ridge Racer 6 on LIVE. I think I'll get one at launch. I would be surprised if it was less than £250. Kutaragi has been making some very strange comments about the PS3 recently, how its not aimed at the household and its not a gams machine, make it sound like its going to be very expensive. Plus it looks like a bread bin

I'm very interested so I might hold off my PSP and get a 360.

5255[/snapback]

I'd definitely hold off the PSP mate, tbh I just use mine to play movies on. Ive had it since April and the only games Ive been impressed with are Ridge Racer and Lumines. Been a lot more impressed with the DS.

I'll be getting one. Was going to hold off and wait for the first price drop but with all the recent announcements, RE5 and Ridge Racer 6 on LIVE. I think I'll get one at launch. I would be surprised if it was less than £250. Kutaragi has been making some very strange comments about the PS3 recently, how its not aimed at the household and its not a gams machine, make it sound like its going to be very expensive. Plus it looks like a bread bin

5325[/snapback]

resi 5 looks seriously lush - theres a video with footage knocking about.

Will hold off getting any of them for a year or so, maybe into the run up of the second Xmas. Will wait and see what the score is. Will still get a good two and a half, maybe even 3, years before the next gen after that comes out. I'll definatly geth the Nintendo Revolution at one point, probably second hand as it'll just be for Zelda etc. Then it'll be a choice between the other two as to which one will be my big buy.

Will hold off getting any of them for a year or so, maybe into the run up of the second Xmas. Will wait and see what the score is. Will still get a good two and a half, maybe even 3, years before the next gen after that comes out. I'll definatly geth the Nintendo Revolution at one point, probably second hand as it'll just be for Zelda etc. Then it'll be a choice between the other two as to which one will be my big buy.

5408[/snapback]

Sony reckon they are going for a 10 year life cycle , again hinting that the machine will be on the expensive side. Also I see MS having a real chance of it so they wont be eager to rush out their follow up like this time. Nintendo unfortuantely seem to have taken themselves out of the mainstream running so I just dont see them as competiton to MS and Sony from now on.

All these next gen consoles are likely to be ridiculously expensive. If I was going to get one I'd go for the Nintendo Revolution, but only if they have decent games on it.  :blush:

5270[/snapback]

bound to be a new zelda and mario at some point. :D

Im going to get the xbox 360 and ps3....cause I can

5528[/snapback]

Damn, you an accountant or something? :D

5545[/snapback]

Maybe he's an outside contractor working for the NHS? They over pay all those bastards.

:blush:

Not too sure at the mo, torn between 360 and PS3.

Used to have a PS2 and an XBox, but sold the PS2 because I felt the XBox was a lot better.

However, all my other AV gear, bar the 50" Pioneer plasma ;), is Sony, so a PS3 would fit it nicely if I can wait till next year. Having said that, the 360 seems to match the Sky+ box so I could go that route... although Sky will be bringing out a new box next year when they launch their hi-def service so perhaps I should wait till then.... Oh decisions :D decisions :D decisions :blush: ....

One of the first games for the 360 though sounds very good. Can't recall the name but it's a similar concept to GTA, not as big as San Andreas but sounds just as good if not better.

• 2 years later...