Just heard something quite intresting...

Ketsbaia

Could very well be Gemmill, just thought I'd share it with the board and gauge opinion.

64389[/snapback]

Are you sure your 'source' wasn't my mate who told me exactly the same thing at half time yesterday.

Not so much a falling out with Shearer in particular, he just walked out because he didn't like a player being in the discussions.

Thought it sounded like shite meself though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could very well be Gemmill, just thought I'd share it with the board and gauge opinion.

64389[/snapback]

Are you sure your 'source' wasn't my mate who told me exactly the same thing at half time yesterday.

Not so much a falling out with Shearer in particular, he just walked out because he didn't like a player being in the discussions.

Thought it sounded like shite meself though.

64393[/snapback]

Nope, it certainly wasn't.

Luque in talks with Newcastle. Posted on our board two days before we were even linked by the British media.

64361[/snapback]

I was in Spain at the time. Was in the papers about a week before the news broke here. Sent Craig a text to see if he'd heard anything, which obviously he hadn't.

:icon_lol:

Jesus, the number of times HTT's been caught out on this bollocks you think he'd learn. He must have changed stories about 3 times during the Owen saga and when I caught him out it was all 'Oh you should know not to take me seriously, I'm full of shit, it was just a wind-up

:icon_lol:'

Fucking deluded, man.

(Sorry, Skol)

EDIT: Oh and Craig broke the Luque story here through Gol, I remember it well.

Edited by DotBum

Luque in talks with Newcastle. Posted on our board two days before we were even linked by the British media.

64361[/snapback]

I was in Spain at the time. Was in the papers about a week before the news broke here. Sent Craig a text to see if he'd heard anything, which obviously he hadn't.

:icon_lol:

64496[/snapback]

Actually you're right! I seem to recall mentioning something about it on here but no-one had heard a thing...

1-0 to Toontastic! B)

I know for a fact Steve Bruce was interviewed for the job on quite a few occasions before SBR left.

64327[/snapback]

How do you know 'for a fact'??

64330[/snapback]

Because I do, I obviously can't reveal my source though.

It's true though.

I know for a fact Steve Bruce was interviewed for the job on quite a few occasions before SBR left.

64327[/snapback]

64330[/snapback]

It's true though.

64635[/snapback]

I know for a FACT that Brian Woolnough reads this board and with a story that hot he's probably got the press on hold to go with it once you confirm your source. Best keep it to yourself like.

64327[/snapback]

64330[/snapback]

It's true though.

64635[/snapback]

Why not? Why's it obvious??

And the tea lady just happened to be bringing in the char when Shearer and Allardyce got into it eh? What a load of bollocks skol writes. His mam should give him a clip for being a tosser.

64655[/snapback]

No luck getting a bite yet?

Souness is shit and for those that called for him to be given more time you were wrong and we all know that for a FACT.

64642[/snapback]

Wrong. It was right to give him time. FACT.

We miss Kieron Dyer when he's out injured. Now that really is a FACT.

And the tea lady just happened to be bringing in the char when Shearer and Allardyce got into it eh? What a load of bollocks skol writes. His mam should give him a clip for being a tosser.

64655[/snapback]

No luck getting a bite yet?

64661[/snapback]

Bless him, I bet it's really frustrating him. :icon_lol:

Souness is shit and for those that called for him to be given more time you were wrong and we all know that for a FACT.

64642[/snapback]

64695[/snapback]

Seeing as he has failed miserably like a lot of us said he would. Can you explain why it was right to give him more time?

64642[/snapback]

64695[/snapback]

Seeing as he has failed miserably like a lot of us said he would. Can you explain why it was right to give him more time?

64743[/snapback]

Because once you've employed the bloke you have to give him a chance to prove one way or the other whether he's up to the job. I don't think there was anyone that really thought he was a brilliant manager. We were all a bit taken aback when he was appointed....just some of us were reasonable enough to be prepared to see how he did before calling for his head. That's all.

There were basically two responses to Souness's appointment as follows:

Response A:

"I hate that man and I will not rest until he's booted out of this club. Nothing he says or does between now and that day can sway me."

Response B:

"Oh. Didn't expect that one. Ah well, he's here now, let's see how he does and make our minds up when he's proven one way or another whether he's capable at Newcastle."

Then comes the twist......

A further response has since been created in the minds of the "Response A people", which they now attribute wholesale to the "Response B people" in replace of their actual response (see Response B above), as follows:

"Graeme Souness is the best. He will win us trophies. I love him."

"Graeme Souness is the best.  He will win us trophies.  I love him."

64749[/snapback]

That bit's just you. :icon_lol:

About giving a manager time: When you give managers time, some will work out and some won't, otherwise it would be called 'waiting for success'. Are people now saying that because this particular manager didn't work out it was wrong to give him time?

He shouldn't have been hired in the first place, but that's a different matter. Anyone ever notice that when clubs hire and fire quickly, say 2 or 3 in a season that the replacements and performances get successively worse?

We were a laughing stock for taking him on, we'd have been a bigger laughing stock for dropping him 3 months later.

Response B:

"Oh.  Didn't expect that one.  Ah well, he's here now, let's see how he does and make our minds up when he's proven one way or another whether he's capable at Newcastle."

64749[/snapback]

That's me, but my mind was made up at the end of last season. He'd already proven himself incapable by then.

We were a laughing stock for taking him on, we'd have been a bigger laughing stock for dropping him 3 months later.

64756[/snapback]

Amen. He joined at a shit time, it would have been stupid and unfiar to sack him at the end of the 04/05 season. It would make the board look even thicker. He was backed by the baord to come in, whether we wanted it or not, which is why he had to be given money to buy who he wanted for 05/06. Like both Gem and DotBum have pointed out, I can't think of one person who welcomed him with open arms, but it would have been a farce not to give him a chance. The told you so brigade will lap up what is happening at the minute, but you can never predict the future despite Souness's past record. Alex Fergsuon nearly got sacked from Manure, Keegan came here with no management training whatsoever having lived in exile in Spain for nearly a decade. He had to be backed, but after a year the performances have steadily got worse and unless we see a miracle of loafs and bread preportions then you can't see that changing. So this is one Souness 'backer' that is hoping the board are sounding out quality replacements at this time.

"Graeme Souness is the best.  He will win us trophies.  I love him."

64749[/snapback]

That bit's just you. :icon_lol:

About giving a manager time: When you give managers time, some will work out and some won't, otherwise it would be called 'waiting for success'. Are people now saying that because this particular manager didn't work out it was wrong to give him time?

He shouldn't have been hired in the first place, but that's a different matter. Anyone ever notice that when clubs hire and fire quickly, say 2 or 3 in a season that the replacements and performances get successively worse?

64756[/snapback]

Spot on.

64756[/snapback]

Amen. He joined at a shit time, it would have been stupid and unfiar to sack him at the end of the 04/05 season. It would make the board look even thicker. He was backed by the baord to come in, whether we wanted it or not, which is why he had to be given money to buy who he wanted for 05/06. Like both Gem and DotBum have pointed out, I can't think of one person who welcomed him with open arms, but it would have been a farce not to give him a chance. The told you so brigade will lap up what is happening at the minute, but you can never predict the future despite Souness's past record. Alex Fergsuon nearly got sacked from Manure, Keegan came here with no management training whatsoever having lived in exile in Spain for nearly a decade. He had to be backed, but after a year the performances have steadily got worse and unless we see a miracle of loafs and bread preportions then you can't see that changing. So this is one Souness 'backer' that is hoping the board are sounding out quality replacements at this time.

64758[/snapback]

Or even loaves and fish B)

Of course it was right to give him time. To sack him after 5 minutes would have been complete lunacy. No manager in their right mind would then want to come somewhere that sacks its manager after no time at all in which to prove themselves capable of doing the job. We would have been bigger laughing stocks than Pompey, Saints or sunlun (ok, maybe not quite that bad).

The 'told you so' camp can shout 'told you so' as loud as they want to, but they were no more certain than anyone else as to what would happen. Yes, they could have had greater conviction that things would go pear-shaped, but unless they're Mystic Smegs, they cannot possibly know what was/is (he's still in the job so, theoretically, can pull things round) going to happen.

Souness has a couple of weeks left to turn things around. I can't see it happening, even with his full team out so it is just a matter of time now. I bet Gareth Barry is on his Christmas card list though :icon_lol: