Just heard something quite intresting...

Ketsbaia

You're all insane. Sacking him at the end of last season would have been exactly right. We'd have had time to look about and get someone in rather than wasting another season. Now we're in the same shithole where we sack a manager before christmas and search through the dregs to get who we can. we look dafter sacking 2 managers in 1 year mid season.

Of course the thing to have done would be admit we couldn't get our man last season and give Souness a short term contract to the end of that season, or (if he refused) bite the bullet and put up with Venables for a few months. He loves the short term payout, and we'd probably have hold of the Uefa cup now if we'd done that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Gareth Barry is on his Christmas card list though :icon_lol:

64763[/snapback]

Wasn't Gareth Barry apparently flattered to hear of our interest in signing him this January?

He knows which side his bread is buttered on man. Good performance to get us interested. Spoon the penalty so Souness is still about to sign him.

Response B:

"Oh.  Didn't expect that one.  Ah well, he's here now, let's see how he does and make our minds up when he's proven one way or another whether he's capable at Newcastle."

64749[/snapback]

I was among those people, but was already convinced in November that he is in fact incapable. We should then have appointed someone on a caretaker base until the end of the season, Carver for example.

And the tea lady just happened to be bringing in the char when Shearer and Allardyce got into it eh? What a load of bollocks skol writes. His mam should give him a clip for being a tosser.

64655[/snapback]

:icon_lol: Bless

Jesus, the number of times HTT's been caught out on this bollocks you think he'd learn.  He must have changed stories about 3 times during the Owen saga and when I caught him out it was all 'Oh you should know not to take me seriously, I'm full of shit, it was just a wind-up

:icon_lol:'

Fucking deluded, man.

(Sorry, Skol)

EDIT:  Oh and Craig broke the Luque story here through Gol, I remember it well.

64497[/snapback]

And with that, he was gone :)

B)

Jesus, the number of times HTT's been caught out on this bollocks you think he'd learn.  He must have changed stories about 3 times during the Owen saga and when I caught him out it was all 'Oh you should know not to take me seriously, I'm full of shit, it was just a wind-up

B)'

Fucking deluded, man.

(Sorry, Skol)

EDIT:  Oh and Craig broke the Luque story here through Gol, I remember it well.

64497[/snapback]

And with that, he was gone :)

:)

65006[/snapback]

Shit stirrer :icon_lol:

:)

Any injury exclusives for this weekend, HTT?  If I don't find out an insider update on N'Zogbia's hand injury soon I'm gonna go spare. B)

65148[/snapback]

Solano's out - Souness broke his fingers with the edge of a ruler after he'd played his trumpet one time too many! :icon_lol:

Another exclusive by Toontastic! :)

And with that, he was gone  B)

65006[/snapback]

I just wish the pied piper would fuck off back to his own site, to be honest.

:icon_lol:

So has HTT gone back to N-O to add to his collection of "Great post HTT!" responses? Someone once told him that he has "a wonderful way of capturing the mood and passion of the Geordie people in words" - one of my particular favourites. :lol: