The type of player we need to play alongside Carroll

Holden McGroin

Lukas Podolski

I guess Isegrim could tell us more but I believe he has struggled the past couple of seasons.

Worth a gamble imo. He is fairly young (25) and wouldn't completely break the bank.

Never. Still is some sort of a god in the eyes of the Cologne supporters as far as I know. He wouldn't get away with such poor performamces on a regular basis over here.

Still believe he's one of the brightest German talents in recent years, just one of those who didn't make the final step at a top club for whatever reason. Has got the ability of a Oezil/Muller imho

Lukas Podolski

I guess Isegrim could tell us more but I believe he has struggled the past couple of seasons.

Worth a gamble imo. He is fairly young (25) and wouldn't completely break the bank.

Never. Still is some sort of a god in the eyes of the Cologne supporters as far as I know. He wouldn't get away with such poor performamces on a regular basis over here.

Still believe he's one of the brightest German talents in recent years, just one of those who didn't make the final step at a top club for whatever reason. Has got the ability of a Oezil/Muller imho

If he has the ability then a move (to a different country) might be a good option.

Sensible German supporters regard him as hit and miss, I think Isegrim posted something to this effect during the WC.

Bellamy would have been the perfect foil for Carroll but that will never happen.

Walcott playing off Carroll should be England's future but for me I'd rather see Carroll paired with another big but quick player, more Sir Les and Shearer than Shearer and Bellamy. Bent maybe? There must be a decent young, quick, solid striker in the French league worth pursuing?

I'll reckon he will leave Cologne if/when they get relegated this year. Probably a bigger team will take the gamble on him based on his reputation. He is a talented player who has only really performed for the national team in recent years.

He'd make Martins appear like a member of Mensa though.