Snow Tomorrow

Christmas Tree

Weather forecasters say snow should start at about 11pm tonight leaving at least 2 inches by the morning.

You have been warned.... Get the earlier bus, if driving set offer 30 minutes earlier or better still, leave it to the professionals and get a Taxi ;)

Ps For those of you in the South, just run around as though the end is nigh and your the only ones who are ever effected by snow. Feel free to gather round the TV and hear tales of woe on Chelsea high street and the occasional good news story of Miles being able to ski down to the local waitrose.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps For those of you in the South who aren't from the North, just run around as though the end is nigh and your the only ones who are ever effected by snow. Feel free to gather round the TV and hear tales of woe on Chelsea high street and the occasional good news story of Miles being able to ski down to the local waitrose.

Fixed your post, or at least started to. Though at least we share the same relief at not living somewhere posh. ;)

Ps For those of you in the South, just run around as though the end is nigh and your the only ones who are ever effected by snow. Feel free to gather round the TV and hear tales of woe on Chelsea high street and the occasional good news story of Miles being able to ski down to the local waitrose.

For those who are concerned about whether they'll be able to get to Waitrose, I've found Ocado tend to typify the English spirit at times of snowy crisis.

Weather forecasters say snow should start at about 11pm tonight leaving at least 2 inches by the morning.

You have been warned.... Get the earlier bus, if driving set offer 30 minutes earlier or better still, leave it to the professionals and get a Taxi ;)

:D

Great... my boiler packed in at the weekend... freezing me tits off at the moment... and now snow!!! ;)

Happened to me first week in December last year. If your getting a new one, watch out for the thieving bastard quoting £3000 plus. I managed to get mine done for £1500.

Horrible though having no heating or water when it's cold.

I flew back from Belfast (via Glasgow because of the chaos) last January (the week after new year) and it was around the time the above photo appeared in the papers and it looked absolutely amazing from the air. Even on the beaches on the Northumberland coast there was snow right up to the high water mark.

Great... my boiler packed in at the weekend... freezing me tits off at the moment... and now snow!!! ;)

Happened to me first week in December last year. If your getting a new one, watch out for the thieving bastard quoting £3000 plus. I managed to get mine done for £1500.

Cheers for the advice.

I woman at my work recently paid £5k for her new boiler the stupid bint lol!

I think I know whats wrong with it so have already bought the replacement part off the internet so they can't try and rob me... tbh tho I think the guy is pretty honest as used him once before.

none down here as of yet and i hope it stays that way. london is in the darg ages when it comes to a bad weather - it comes to a total standstill when it snows. it's bizarre really, one of the biggest financial centres in the world and a bit of snow grinds the whole public transport system to a halt. a guy i work with from canada couldn't believe it last year. he was like "why aren't there any trains or tubes working? it's only a light snow shower"

Cheers for the advice.

I woman at my work recently paid £5k for her new boiler the stupid bint lol!

I think I know whats wrong with it so have already bought the replacement part off the internet so they can't try and rob me... tbh tho I think the guy is pretty honest as used him once before.

Fuck me, thats quite a range

Fuck me what a nightmare. First had to dig out my car and then wor lasses car so I could use hers for work (4x4). Then set off 30mins late and stanley was at a standstill right down to chester le street to the A1. So, I went another way through Causey Arch to Sunniside but same there with a lane being closed on Lobley Hill to the A1 etc. Gave up and working from home! So, thankfully having her car I went down the back roads from causey arch to Beamish and back here. In all, about 2 hours to go 5-6 mile.