Snow Tomorrow

Christmas Tree

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours from town to Killingworth, though around the first half hour was spent waiting for a bus that had no intention of ever turning up. Stupid to have waited around in hindsight rather than just setting off any way possible.

After getting on a metro and walking part of the way I managed to score for a lift from a colleague. Most traumatic part was having to bring the bins in when I got home, and a cat trying to run into my house. :lol:

Four hours and thirty eights fucking minutes.

Left mackemland and and reached the A1 nee bother then everything stopped. Washinton services down to Chester le St was mental. I wasnt going to come off there as I heard that Stanley was stationary. I was going to take a rabbit run I know but I need to go through CLS to get to it so didnt bother. I went down to the A690 with the idea of going through durham, fucking nightmare. Usually takes 45mins and get him just before 6. I got home half nine.

A lot due to black ice making roads impassable (hills anyway). But a hell of a lot basically down to stupid fucking people with no idea how to drive in poor weather.

I got home no bother really but one of the side roads I usually cut down was an absolute death trap, just one massive skating rink and I thought I might come a cropper. Main roads were ok, but by the sounds of it I got really lucky. This morning was a piece of piss getting in as there seemed to be very little traffic on the road, don't think people fancied driving in today..few days off pulled or going by public transport..

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Aye, its the side roads where you are always more likely to come a cropper and as JawD says, the amount of people who seem to have no clue about driving on snow or ice is scary.

Just tried to take the little lad for a walk down the lane but its just freezing cold and ice everywhere. Much better idea was a tory raid on pensions snaffling the tin of shortbread biscuits that were destined for an old Aunt and dunking in a warm cup of tea. (They will be replaced ;) )

Edited by Christmas Tree

From Sky

Britain is facing a weather front dubbed the "Beast from the East" next week - with heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures.

Temperatures could plummet as low as -6C around London as icy winds blow in over the eastern coast.

Forecasters are also predicting "lots of snow" from Monday - "obliterating" East Anglia and spreading to southeastern areas.

By Tuesday and Wednesday there could be significant accumulation of snow along much of the eastern side of Britain.

The met office said it wouldnt snow this week tbf

Thought the Beeb got their forecast off the Met Office. The Beeb said it would snow on Wednesday.

I'm not disagreeing. That article infers I was correct in my original statement though so thanks for posting it.

Edited by Alex