Snow Tomorrow

Christmas Tree

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be about 80% of admin staff at my hospital off this week as they 'cant get in!'

Funnily enough we havent had one nurse not make it in yet. Too many work shy bastards these days. I bet if they didnt get paid for being off they would sharp turn up!

I was just thinking the same myself today. Different breed these days. We have a girl that walks to work in about 15 minutes and as soon as there is any sign of snow she cant make it in "as its too dangerous". Nothing you can do these days though. As a generation we are generally all soft as shite. God help world when the next lot are ruling.

Edit: I've gone all Leazes in the above. :razz:

Edited by Holden McGroin

If the place is still functional without them, I guess that's one way of prioritising who gets the boot when the cuts kick in...

I was out on a leaving do tonight so stayed anyway but the number of cunts who'd fucked off by 4 was a disgrace (even to my "I'm looking for another job so don't give a fuck anyway" mentality)

Downsizing sorted in one day as you say.

You're right about people being a bit too sharp to say they're can't come in, like snow is their kryptonite. Personally, I hate driving in it so walked and got the Metro in today. For those who live out in the sticks it's a mare though. Saying that though, we've got a lass who's been getting in from Amble every day.

Got stuck in my street today. Took half an hour trying to get out and ended up diagonal across the road, then spent half an hour trying to get back in a parking position, before walking to the metro station.

Big shout out to the two tiny schoolkids who offered to help push my car. Big fans so I know they'll be reading this.

I didnt make it home last night. It ad been nightmare road conditions all day so I booked into the nearest available hotel. Left the office at six fifteen arrived at hotel a couple of miles down the A23 at ten past midnight.

That was fun

Nightmare!!!

I'm working the next two nights (providing I make it there on public transport) Think I'm going to stay at my parents in between because by the time I make it home in the morning it'll nearly be time to go back.

Its simple really...

The police keep telling people not to drive UNLESS ITS ESSENTIAL!!!!!! Yet you all keep trying to drive :razz:

For most, work is not essential, life will go on without you.

Load of bollocks.

Its simple really...

The police keep telling people not to drive UNLESS ITS ESSENTIAL!!!!!! Yet you all keep trying to drive :razz:

If I don't make it in then someone who has already done a 12 hour shift will have to stay.

Its simple really...

Not sure my work would agree with you unfortunately

I don't want to turn this into a North-South thing (ok, maybe I am) but all I see on here is people saying it's a pain in the arse but still finding a way of getting in or round it. Whilst now it's hit the south and the news are covering it all I'm hearing is people giving up and staying at home..

I don't want to turn this into a North-South thing (ok, maybe I am) but all I see on here is people saying it's a pain in the arse but still finding a way of getting in or round it. Whilst now it's hit the south and the news are covering it all I'm hearing is people giving up and staying at home..

I am at work as the trains are running fine but on the whole I think if you are set up for home working which we are then it does make sense to do so. Last year when the snow first hit I didn't get in till noon whereas on the following days when I did stay home I could do a full days work.

I enjoy the jibes about people being soft but in 2010 home working should be encouraged imo.

I am at work as the trains are running fine but on the whole I think if you are set up for home working which we are then it does make sense to do so. Last year when the snow first hit I didn't get in till noon whereas on the following days when I did stay home I could do a full days work.

I enjoy the jibes about people being soft but in 2010 home working should be encouraged imo.

Hey, don't get me wrong, it's easy to do stuff at home now you're right and I would say if you're set up to do the same work you do from coming in at home then stay home. However, how many people are really set up to do that? I'm only having a dig at those who are half arsed and looking for an excuse, we've all got them in every workplace..