Bargain PC?

Happy Face

Me mother is complaining that her PC is really slow so I said I'd get her a new one for Christmas. Anyone know where I can get a good deal? I'm looking to spend about £300 because she doesn't need out mega, just faster to browse and open big mails and that.

I don't really want to get a Monitor, Keyboard or mouse so if you know anywhere that they aren't mandatory that'd be even better.

Cheers

Otherwise, what would I need to buy to make hers faster and is it easy to fit? Like as easy as a new drive?

PS my lack of knowledge on these matters shames me :unsure:

Why dont you got for a Del? I think you can get a really good package for under £300 now.

64397[/snapback]

This kind of Del ?

aroyalflush.jpg

I think you should go for a Dell instead, much more reliable than the ones from Nelson Mandela house, Peckham !

Why dont you got for a Del? I think you can get a really good package for under £300 now.

64397[/snapback]

Thanks. I get 7% discount off them through work so it's canny, but they force you to take a monitor, Keyboard anmd mouse. I was hoping to shave off a few quid elsewhere.

Me mother is complaining that her PC is really slow so I said I'd get her a new one for Christmas.  Anyone know where I can get a good deal?  I'm looking to spend about £300 because she doesn't need out mega, just faster to browse and open big mails and that.

I don't really want to get a Monitor, Keyboard or mouse so if you know anywhere that they aren't mandatory that'd be even better.

Cheers

Otherwise, what would I need to buy to make hers faster and is it easy to fit?  Like as easy as a new drive?

PS my lack of knowledge on these matters shames me  :icon_lol:

64265[/snapback]

and so it should!!

some more memory would make the biggest difference for the least price. Crucial have a handy little download that scans your PC and tells you exactly what type you need to buy.

64397[/snapback]

This kind of Del ?

aroyalflush.jpg

I think you should go for a Dell instead, much more reliable than the ones from Nelson Mandela house, Peckham !

64404[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

God, typing and spelling errors :)B)

Cheers Everyone.

It seems you can get systems without a monitor from Dell.

I got her one from Dell for £179. Bargain (I think)

Intel® Celeron® D Processor 325 (2.53GHz, 533fsb, 256K cache)

1024MB Dual Channel DDR400 (2x512MB)

80GB (7,200rpm) Hard Drive

I could have got it for £149 with a CDR rather than RW and without a modem, but I thought I'd treat the old dear.