Sou: Dyer's injury woes are over

Scottish Mag

Graeme Souness insists Kieron Dyer's return to full training tomorrow will mark the end of his fitness nightmare.

The Newcastle boss believes Dyer has finally conquered the injury and illness problems which have dogged him in recent years.

A month ago, United confirmed Dyer had been hit by a mystery ailment which was hindering his recovery from hamstring trouble.

While that illness remains unknown, the 26-year-old has just returned from five days of tests at the British Olympic Association Medical Institute in Essex.

And Souness is now confident of having Dyer back in action for Saturday's Premiership game against Arsenal - and for the rest of the season.

"We have got to the bottom of him," said the United manager. "He came back on Thursday and will start training with the group again on Monday.

"He has been feeling sorry for himself, but I spoke to him on Thursday night and he seemed happier."

Souness claimed that Dyer's return would feel like signing a new player, saying: "He gives us something extra.

"Look at what he did in 20 minutes against West Brom even though he was not right physically."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope he's sorted because, whether you like the lad or not, his pace and movement is what we've been crying out for.

A pre-emptive "shut it!" to Leazes, who upon seeing the words "pace and movement" won't be able to resist mentioning the B-word. :icon_lol:

I really hope he's sorted because, whether you like the lad or not, his pace and movement is what we've been crying out for.

A pre-emptive "shut it!" to Leazes, who upon seeing the words "pace and movement" won't be able to resist mentioning the B-word. :)

64355[/snapback]

Boumsong? Bramble?? B)

:icon_lol:

A pre-emptive "shut it!" to Leazes, who upon seeing the words "pace and movement" won't be able to resist mentioning the B-word. :)

64355[/snapback]

Boumsong? Bramble?? B)

:icon_lol:

64359[/snapback]

Bluque :)

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Just a thought, if it turns out he is HIV positive how will opposition players react?

Would he be forced to retire because of blood issues?

Is that why the club have refused to disclose what is actually wrong with him?

(This all speculation and if you take the Magic Johnson case for example it was declared basketball was a non contact sport, football isn't.)

Just a thought, if it turns out he is HIV positive how will opposition players react?

Would he be forced to retire because of blood issues?

Is that why the club have refused to disclose what is actually wrong with him?

(This all speculation and if you take the Magic Johnson case for example it was declared basketball was a non contact sport, football isn't.)

64643[/snapback]

One big "EH???" to that post. :icon_lol:

How do you that these talks haven't taken place? The PFA are a bunch of idiots so you can't rely on them to make a rational decision. Putting out a " mystery illness " report and expecting fans to buy into that as an explanation is right up their street.

I'm not sure that you have to make public an HIV status other than be on a confidential public health statistic. But things can get out. If he comes back and nobody tackles him then it might raise an eyebrow or two.

I'm sure legally they'd have to inform both the FA and the PFA whereby the PFA would then have to take a vote to it's members to see if they would accept it. Seeing as a clash of heads and open woulds are aplenty I can't see them voting in favour. The FA I can imagine would ban Dyer from playing from the start of the saga to the finish and NUFC would not dare put out a 'mystery illness' if it were this serious. They'd be well and truly keeping it zipped.

One big "EH???" to that post.  :icon_lol:

64705[/snapback]

What Gemmill you haven't thought about what's up with Dyer?

The reason I asked that question is what "mystery illness" could he have that they have to keep quiet about, unless you gave him the clap again and their just embarrassed that he's to dumb to have not learnt the first time.

There has to be complications over and above the usual issues, other clubs have never had a problem disclosing health issues with their players.

So gemmill you're right, it's one big EH??? to the way the club is handling this.

One big "EH???" to that post.  :icon_lol:

64705[/snapback]

What Gemmill you haven't thought about what's up with Dyer?

The reason I asked that question is what "mystery illness" could he have that they have to keep quiet about, unless you gave him the clap again and their just embarrassed that he's to dumb to have not learnt the first time.

There has to be complications over and above the usual issues, other clubs have never had a problem disclosing health issues with their players.

So gemmill you're right, it's one big EH??? to the way the club is handling this.

64945[/snapback]

Aye you're right. I'm being daft. The most obvious explanation to all of this is that the lad is HIV +.

B)