Christmas Decorations

Monkeys Fist

Mine are going up 18th December, down on 2nd Jan.

When do you put yours up?

Some knobs in my street had their houses lit up like Blackpool before the snow started?

*apologies if there's already a thread on this - couldn't be arsed to look :razz:

Mentioned before but my personal fav are the ones on Longbenton Estate who never take their external Xmas decs down. Made even funnier by them not even working for the last 3 years. The decs, that is.

Wor lass wants them up two weeks before but I'm insisting on it being the weekend before. Despite my not actually being involved in the process. Or having any real say in it.

Mentioned before but my personal fav are the ones on Longbenton Estate who never take their external Xmas decs down. Made even funnier by them not even working for the last 3 years. The decs, that is.

:razz:

I know the very ones. On Goathland.

:razz:

I know the very ones. On Goathland.

Aye. :D

1st December religeously.

Family expedition to Red Fox nursery to choose tree.

In years gone by we, along with most in our cul de sac, have overdone it with the ouitside lights. These days we only have a few outside lights.

Having just done all the house up we are probably going to be quite minimalistic inside by our standards.

Decorations usually come down 2nd Jan.

Cant believe people dont want to milk the festivities for all their worth.

1st December religeously.

Family expedition to Red Fox nursery to choose tree.

In years gone by we, along with most in our cul de sac, have overdone it with the ouitside lights. These days we only have a few outside lights.

Having just done all the house up we are probably going to be quite minimalistic inside by our standards.

Decorations usually come down 2nd Jan.

Cant believe people dont want to milk the festivities for all their worth.

One word: Charvtastic :razz:

Don't bother with any at home as we've got a small flat so there's nee space, plus I'm a scrooge.

Reluctantly I'm agreeing to my work team's tree going up this Friday as it's dress down and also it's our Christmas do on Saturday night so it'll get us in the mood. It'll come down on Christmas Eve before we go to the pub so we don't have to mess on in the New Year.

my inlaws accuse me of being a scrooge but i'm sorry, for me christmas starts the week before and end on jan 2nd. if you put your tree up now it'll be dead come christmas day

Don't bother with any at home as we've got a small flat so there's nee space, plus I'm a scrooge.

Reluctantly I'm agreeing to my work team's tree going up this Friday as it's dress down and also it's our Christmas do on Saturday night so it'll get us in the mood. It'll come down on Christmas Eve before we go to the pub so we don't have to mess on in the New Year.

Fucking hell, you're full of Christmas cheer aren't you! Misery tits.

I resent Christmas being pushed big style in October/November but once Dec 1st gets here I'll be as Christmassy as you want! We'll be putting the work tree up on Monday I reckon and the house one probably the week after..my in-laws usually buy us a little real one when they get there's.

I resent Christmas being pushed big style in October/November but once Dec 1st gets here I'll be as Christmassy as you want! We'll be putting the work tree up on Monday I reckon and the house one probably the week after..my in-laws usually buy us a little real one when they get there's.

When I was in retail we used to have all the xmas decs etc up in the shops in October. I also used to film the xmas ads in July / August which used to be a good laugh. Those days though I was sick to death of it when it finally arrived, get Xmas day off then back in for the Boxing Day sales.

well after reading this thread I'll think about putting them up soon.

Well the little fake tree we had the last couple of years in the flat. Just about to wrap up everyone's presents now so will stick them under that.

Don't have any lights either. I'd have to get up in the middle of the night to check I'd switched them off If I did. ;)