Madrid sack Luxemburgo

Jimbo

Wanderley Luxemburgo has been sacked by Real Madrid this evening, I believe this could do us a favour in terms of a quality replacement for Souness, surely the likes of Otmar Hitzfeld and Paul Le Guen will be hot favourites for the vacancy at the Bernabeu.

It seems both Hitzfeld and Le Guen have been waiting in the wings for either Manchester United or Real Madrid, so I think which ever is appointed will leave the other open to other offers, including the hot seat at Newcastle.

Now we just need to sack Souness !

Souness for Real Madrid!!!!!

Well they did appoint Toshack a few years ago so they have a history of appointing Liverpool legends who turned into shit managers....

You never know! B):icon_lol:

Souness for Real Madrid!!!!!

Well they did appoint Toshack a few years ago so they have a history of appointing Liverpool legends who turned into shit managers....

You never know! B):icon_lol:

64403[/snapback]

Great idea ! can we email Florentino Perez and tell him we know just the man for the job ???

Wow, I thought originally, you were going to say this would leave the door open for Luxemburgo to come here.

64605[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind that at all if I'm being honest

64613[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind it, but we could go a lot better, as if we're going to replace Souness, we may as well got a manager we can guarantee will do well.

So that limits our options, but oh well.

I really can't see an in-work top manager going to Real Madrid. So I agree it's likely to be either Le Guen or Hitzfeld. It's no coincudence that people like Wenger, Mourinho, Capello et al turn their nose up at the job. If we think the job at Newcastle is a poisoned chalice, take a look at Real Madrid. Only winning the league and Champions League every season is considered a success. Especially considering they have Barca in their way for both honours.

Still perhaps after a couple of lean years they'd settle for just one or the other this time. Perhaps they'll even settle for Del Bosque.