Danny Guthrie

Chriscos

Hi All,

i havent posted something on this board for ages, but i felt i had to this afternoon. i dont normally pull players for their inept displays, but DANNY GUTHRIE

the way i see it is that, we all know that he can never ever play football on the right wing as he just disappears and comes inside all the time leaving simpson exposed, CH puts him in his favoured position in the middle of the park (this is all down to injurys of course)

you would think that the kid baring in mind he is 21 years old would be busting a gut to prove that he deseves a starting line up....

but what we actually see is a player that has no football brain whatso ever. he marks space, cant pick out a pass, always turns back into trouble, cant cross a ball from a set piece and for 21 years old is one of the slowest one paced players ive ever saw.

what has been painfully aparent today is that DANNY GUTHRIE is not premiership standard and is a good championship player at best.

we all know that you dont get time to prove yourself in the premiership you have to hit the ground running as if you dont you get get smashed by a bus

DANNY GUTHRIE was a disgrace to wear a black and white top today, he should take a long hard look at himself, he wasnt injured when he came off he just realised how poor he was and that he had cost us the game, GUTHRIE should his wages to the poor sods who travelled down their to watch it

sorry for my rant but just had to get it off my chest, dont even get be started with Shola who pipes on in the local rags about he is going to do this and is going to do that, we all saw Shola what you actually do today which was painfully very little... Another player who simply isnt good enough for this level...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgraceful, as were most of them today. Shola should only be wheeled out twice a year to face the mackems, lets hop we get the opportunity next year as on today's showing getting them in the cup maybe our only hope of playing them next year.

I thought Campbell and STaylor looked even worse than Guthrie tbh, but point taken.

Just goes to show how much this team relies on Barton and Nolan really. Williamson and Colo as well. Not to say everyone had a bad match, but Shola/ Lovenkrands, Guthrie, STaylor, and Campbell most decidedly do NOT equal Barton, Nolan, Williamson, and Colo.

As deep as Taylor plays, I wonder if he used to play GK. Christ.

Thought he did quite well last week in the middle but was crap today. Seems unfair picking him out though because I thought just about everyone was poor.

Thought he did quite well last week in the middle but was crap today. Seems unfair picking him out though because I thought just about everyone was poor.

alex, did you go/watch the match last week? i was there, and he was poor, to be honest the games hes played this season (not many i know) hes never had one good game, against chelsea (who played 4-3-3) toite covered for him quite alot

i dont normally signal any player out but we cannot keep on giving players who dont perform a chance, if your main players are out injured/suspended then id rather give a youngster a chance like vuckic or donaldson, least they would run around and actually try, guthrie looked like a dead man walking today

i agree alot of players had below par performances, apparently hughton kept them in the dressing room for over an hour, i feel sorry for hughton as he is trying his best with very limited players

alex, did you go/watch the match last week? i was there, and he was poor, to be honest the games hes played this season (not many i know) hes never had one good game, against chelsea (who played 4-3-3) toite covered for him quite alot

i dont normally signal any player out but we cannot keep on giving players who dont perform a chance, if your main players are out injured/suspended then id rather give a youngster a chance like vuckic or donaldson, least they would run around and actually try, guthrie looked like a dead man walking today

i agree alot of players had below par performances, apparently hughton kept them in the dressing room for over an hour, i feel sorry for hughton as he is trying his best with very limited players

on a seperate note, what was it with Martin O'neil being a guest of the club at last saturday against chelsea? i know Martin O'neil dosent have any connections with the club, but im not sure if there is something possibly happening... i hope not as i hope hughton gets the full backing from the club

on a seperate note, what was it with Martin O'neil being a guest of the club at last saturday against chelsea? i know Martin O'neil dosent have any connections with the club, but im not sure if there is something possibly happening... i hope not as i hope hughton gets the full backing from the club

Mmm tough one that...Hughton or MON..? :lol:

I went to the match and I watched it. :lol:

Mmm tough one that...Hughton or MON..? :lol:

MON, he has no links with newcastle at all for him to be at the match, unless he is the new chelsea manager but why would he be a guest of the club, i havent been on here in a a while so not sure if anyone else has posted this before..

personally i want the club to back hughton 150% but i think its very damning that he hasnt got a number 2 in, i think that says alot :)

then how can you say he did quite well.... where you sitting on level 7 and got mixed up with another player.. not having a pop at you bud i just think Guthrie gets alot of the fundermental basics wrong which is very scary as in the championship he looked a half decent player (in the middle of the park) he seems to have gone way way back

It would be hard to get a decent no. 2 on less than Hughton's on. You couldn't really have an assistant on more than the manager.

fair point, i just think hughton is getting the sharpe end of the stick here and some of the players who he has stuck by are letting him down very badly

then how can you say he did quite well.... where you sitting on level 7 and got mixed up with another player.. not having a pop at you bud i just think Guthrie gets alot of the fundermental basics wrong which is very scary as in the championship he looked a half decent player (in the middle of the park) he seems to have gone way way back

I thought first half, in particular, he played some nice one and two touch passes that set up a few of our moves. Faded after the break though. I'm not saying he was awesome or anything but he had a canny game against a good side. In my opinion, that is.

I thought first half, in particular, he played some nice one and two touch passes that set up a few of our moves. Faded after the break though. I'm not saying he was awesome or anything but he had a canny game against a good side. In my opinion, that is.

its cool thats your opinion, it just frustrates the hell out of me when you see a player go back so much in such a short time and wasting his big oppertunity to gain a starting line up place, all that will happen is your nolans, bartons, ben arfa's of this world will come in and take his place and Guthrie will disapear into obscurity

He's a canny passer of the ball although that wasn't much in evidence today. He just doesn't have enough about him to cut it consistently in the PL in the middle of the park though. He doesn't have much pace, he doesn't have a great engine and he doesn't have a physical presence the way some other central midfielders do. If you lack those you need to have something special about you, which he doesn't have. If he was playing in a side playing a bit better though, who knows? It can't be easy when you have so few options when you're on the ball.

He was shite last week too Alex. He's supposed to be our creative attackin midfielder in the current system and he never got forward at all. He constantly slowed our attacks when Chelsea were there for the taking.

I've just got back from the match today and I don't know how he came across on the telly but I think most people there agreed he was fucking awful (true he certainly wasn't the only one). Personally I hope he never plays for us again, I don't think he has the bottle and I know he hasn't got the ability.