Relegation ?

LeazesMag

I'm not a betting man, but what are the odds ? Look at our fixtures, the teams we have dropped points against, the teams we have to play at home....very very worrying.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a betting man, but what are the odds ?

not the best with these type of players but on the plus side we have Barton, Nolan and Ben Arfa to come back in and hopefully Gosling can add a bit too

thank god Guthrie is injured for the next game

We shouldn't be talking about relegation after 16 games. Our form is worrying, but the likes of Wolves/Wigan/West Ham are even worse than us, while a return of Ben Arfa could inspire us for the last third of the season.

If everyone keeps talking about 17th, we shouldn't be questioning everything and everybody after an abysmal game, because we wll be in a dogfight until the last two or three games.

We were missing our two first choice centre backs, our two first choice wingers and our captain today. Any team would struggle in that situation.

Absolutely. Barton completely improves the midfield and Coloccini at the back means we're more composed going forward instead of the hoofs we got today.

We were missing our two first choice centre backs, our two first choice wingers and our captain today. Any team would struggle in that situation.

Absolutely. Barton completely improves the midfield and Coloccini at the back means we're more composed going forward instead of the hoofs we got today.

Aye, we invited a lot of pressure back onto ourselves today but just pinging it forward aimlessly. We need both Coloccini and Enrique to play the ball out from the back, keep possession and also create chances.

Did you see that towards the end when Ricky and Campbell played a couple Of short passes along the back-line looking for options-it comes to Stevie T, not under any pressure. He must have thought 'I'm not having any of this' and fucking lumped it like that John Smiths/Peter Kay ad. Immense. :lol:

I hope Ashley is worried about it too as he might actually fork out for a striker in January.

this; i don't think we'll go down but a couple of decent reinforcements wouldn't go amiss and should help us secure survival so it doesn't go down to the wire.

worrying run of form though leazes i agree. those three wins on the bounce seem like ages ago now

the thing we've got this time that we didn't the year we went down is spirit. the quality of the squad isn't the greatest in the league so we're bound to have bad periods, especially with key players out. the unity in the side should be enough to see us safe. a couple of astute signings and the return of ben arfa and we could find ourselves in mid table security rather than a relegation fight.

actually, i think we can stay quite positive. a lot of us were pinning our hopes on ben arfa this year and we've done way better without him than most of us thought we would.

You'd have taken this position if offered it in August. If getting beaten away from home by another team in mid-table at the beginning of December is so disappointing that it prompts a relegation thread, your expectations must have been raised from the gloom at the start of the season.

No one predicted us to play as well as we have in some games so there is no logic in using one game's performance to predicting the outcome next May. I am worried when i look at the table/fixtures though.

5 players out and 2 regulars (Shola and Jonas) acting like total bell-ends.

Seems to me that at the start of the season, the players (and Hughton) wanted to prove a few people wrong. 3 outstanding results against against a top 4 club, a club with pretensions of being one and our local rivals have obviously quenched their desire to do this.

I think we'll be ok like. I.e. we'll stay up. Colo's equaliser against Wigan was massive though when you look at the table. I think Ben Arfa's early return could make a huge difference as well. Especially at home.

if carroll gets injured we are well and truly buggered

This xInfinite

Ameobi, Ranger and Lovenkrands are just not good enough. A new striker - on loan if he must be - in January is essential but perhaps the club are just happy to take the risk of hoping Carroll doesn't miss many games between now and May.

If everyone's fit, big 'if' I know, then I feel like we have goals in us. Compared to two seasons ago when there was an air of inevitability about our demise, the majority of the players didn't give a shit and the club was in turmoil I think we're better off. That gives me a bit of hope. The last two away games have been very depressing displays though and have realy revealed the lack of depth in the squad. Agree about an injury to Carroll and any lengthy lay-off being disastrous for us as well though. We look woeful when we have to ring the changes.