Relegation ?

LeazesMag

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After we beat Spurs around Xmas time two years ago, did we win another game before Boro at home? We were fucking dreadful after Xmas until the end of the season. We've got a decent cushion between us and the bottom 3 as well this time round. I'm not complacent by any means and wouldn't underestimate Ashley's ability to fuck things up but I have a much better feeling about our survival chances. I don't think Carroll or Enrique will go in January either.

I think it was complacency I was arguing against - as it stands I think we'll be okay, if he sells Carroll I'd dial 11 on the ometer.

Having only seen NUFC twice this season, both times on TV (personal boycott continues), I can't speak with too much authority tbh. But if they play like they did v WBA (I fuckin' hate that lizard-looking twat who manages them) with any regularity they could go down.

I get the impression that the team spirit has got them to the position they have so far. My worry is that if a few results go against them then Pardew will, quite naturally, want to impress his thoughts/ideas/tactics more and more on the team and what togetherness they had will evaporate if results continue to be poor, thus making things considerably worse.

Based on my vast knowledge of all things Prem this season ;) , I think they will survive but finish about two places above the relegation zone, = wank time for the fat bloke.

If Blackpool have many more home games postponed due to the lack of under-soil heating, they're going to be fucked come the end of the season.

Playing two or three times a week with their squad could see them drop like a stone.

Good observation. Hadn't thought of that.

I think Aston Villa are in big trouble as well (along with Blackburn).

Both just stay up. Just.

dreadfull goal difference and their fans seem to be in despair.................. aa blame MoN me'sel' like

As unlikely a scenario as it is, if results go against us we could be going into the Makem game 2nd bottom. Regardless of that though we need to be going there on the back of two wins because they will clearly be up for revenge.

As unlikely a scenario as it is, if results go against us we could be going into the Makem game 2nd bottom. Regardless of that though we need to be going there on the back of two wins because they will clearly be up for revenge.

Fucking Hell pud, we could also go into that game looking at a European spot!

honestly, the negativity here is fucking absurd sometimes.

Fucking Hell pud, we could also go into that game looking at a European spot!

honestly, the negativity here is fucking absurd sometimes.

Yay! lets all pretend to ourselves that we have a hope in hell of getting into Europe that way when we're relegated we can all feign surprise and look bewildered for the Sky cameras.

We're a lot closer to Nottingham Forest than we are to Napoli, much better chance of playing Leicester than Leverkusen next season.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Ye naa me the eternal optimist when it comes to the toon, but these two games coming up are our most important this season. So much so if we get four points I think while not breathing easy, we can feel better about ourselves. Wigan will be down there, we need Arsenal to beat them the neet, and West Ham certainly will so these are two six pointers. From being in a position of security in 8th place we're now FOUR points above relegation, if we had've lost to the dippers which could've easily happened that would have been one. Ashley has so much to answer for, I know it's obvious saying it, but what sort of nobhead changes a manager who's doing ok in December. If we get relegated this year he'll get death threats. We must not lose to Wigan or West Ham or we could well be in terminal decline.