Hughton Sacked

Holden McGroin

Chirs Hughton   

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RioFerdy5
Chris Hughton at Newcastle: steadied the ship. got them out of the Championship into the PL. they are 11th and doing well. Helped get Carroll an England cap+Barton playing well. Team spirit. Deserves the sack after that list?!

I doubt there is a single person in the game who agrees with this.

Another case of men in suits having too much power and doing something only they agree with; as with Platini and technology, the whole Qatar World Cup thing.

Looking forward to the very many people laughing at and criticising us who can't differentiate Mike Ashley from NUFC and its fans.

Edited by Tecato

There's very few managers that get sacked when they're more popular than the day they arrived.

Hughton's one of the few ex-managers that will always find a pint waiting at any pub in Newcastle.

I wish him all the best in what he does next, cos I know he reads the board. We were picking the team.

Makes you laugh that the official reason he got rid of Hughton was lack of experience, when he appointed someone who'd never managed a team in his life to save us from relegation. Bitter pill this.

Makes you laugh that the official reason he got rid of Hughton was lack of experience, when he appointed someone who'd never managed a team in his life to save us from relegation. Bitter pill this.

Lack of experience??

Newcastle 6 Villa 0

Chelsea 3 Newcastle 4

Newcastle 5 Sunderland 1

Arsenal 0 Newcastle 1

What more experience was needed?

Hughton had been with us for over 2 and a half years now. Yes there may have been some question marks over his experience as a manager (even by some supporters) but he had the experience of knowing the club and the players. Look at what has happened when we have went down the revolving door routine of bring managers in, even Shearer was poor.

For the first time in years under Hughton and the experience he had of being involved with Newcastles first team for a 2 and a half year spell was IMO the most stability the club has had for years.

Looks like a long hard second half to the season under whichever Puppet Ashley puts in place. To work under these clowns it has to be someone just looking for an easy pay day and not for their ambition.

Best laugh is you'll all keep going to the games, buying the shirts, buying his pints. I was only just starting to go again, slowly rediscovering my sense of pride in the club. I'm back to indifference now.

Rob Lee

Nothing should amaze you at Newcastle United, but this is one thing that does. He's done a tremendous job to get the club out of the Championship and into the Premier League and he'd done very, very well up to this point.

I don't think he could have done anything more. They've beaten Arsenal away, they've had the biggest derby win for many years against Sunderland and they had a great result against Chelsea. They've had a few iffy results recently, but they've had a few players injured - Barton and Nolan have been out. If you look at it, the decision was probably made a little while ago when his contract talks stalled. They've probably been thinking about this for a while and decided they wanted someone more experienced in. Chris Hughton certainly couldn't have done any more.

Mike Ashley was beginning slowly but surely to get the club on a good footing and the fans were beginning to, perhaps not like him, but accept him and what he was doing. But I think this is another decision that will bewilder most Newcastle fans. He's probably taken one step forwards and a couple of steps back with the Newcastle fans. Maybe he knows what he's doing. Maybe he doesn't. Time will tell.

We had 5 games without a win.

That alone is not enough to get rid of a manager who has done so much for the club. Utterly pathetic and hope they get everything that is thrown in their direction. They're scum who seem intent on killing this club from the inside out and irreversibly damaging our reputation and standing in the game.

They're just retarded, selfish, spineless, dishonest, clueless men in suits who haven't done anything to deserve the power they have over NUFC other than making enough money to take over it.

It would be nice to see the players grow some balls and come out and say what a wanker Ashley is.......Not holding breath though!

No doubt they will at the end of the month when they stick in transfer requests. Fat man laughs all the way to the bank "heads turned" etc etc

Does anyone else think we could end up with a Hearts type scenario some senior players speak out against the ownership? Especially considering how much they all seemed to like Hughton?

I get the feeling Ashley is so stubborn that anything like that will only make matters worse on the pitch. He won't change his mind and he won't be influenced by the players imo.

That alone is not enough to get rid of a manager who has done so much for the club. Utterly pathetic and hope they get everything that is thrown in their direction. They're scum who seem intent on killing this club from the inside out and irreversibly damaging our reputation and standing in the game.

They're just retarded, selfish, spineless, dishonest, clueless men in suits who haven't done anything to deserve the power they have over NUFC other than making enough money to take over it.

Why though??????????????? Cos as I mentioned in the match thread, the squad is fuckin SHIT. That's not Hughton's fault, the reason we ended up with James Perch was poor advice from Calderwood, but also because Ashley wouldn't give him the funds to build a proper Premiership squad. It's a miracle our team is as good as it is, people like Simpson, and Tiote came cheap, and he found them, but you have to take punts on players when you have fuck all to spend, and he did it on Best, Simpson, Tiote, Perch and Williamson, and he think he came up trumps on three of them. We only need 4 more decent players to survive minor injury crises but he wasn't allowed to get them.

Chelsea have won one in five.

Everton haven't won a game in the last 6.

It's nowt to do with form. Like Stevie says, Hughton would have been gone in October if he hadn't pulled out some amazing results.

A rendition of "One Chris Hughton!" is surely appropriate during Saturday's game?

Show the footballing world that we are totally against the decision.

Doesn't need to be orchestrated in advance tbh, it's obviously going to happen anyway. And it'll be one of the more polite chants on offer.