Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

short term loans can be as little as a month long though and as long as a fee isnt involved they can be recalled too

Definitely, but I just worry about the strength in depth especially after losing so many from midfield.

well as it cropped up in the other thread, soderberg went out for a month and played 6 games, football league will still have matches the next couple of weeks while we wont it will be alright for them to get a little competetive football

short term loans can be as little as a month long though and as long as a fee isnt involved they can be recalled too

Definitely, but I just worry about the strength in depth especially after losing so many from midfield.

With the international break and the next 2 matches away in Manchester, those players wouldn't be considered for a midfield role for a few weeks anyway. By which time we should have Cabaye back. Bit concerned about Tiote as he has stayed with us rather than going off with the Ivory Coast. Gosling did alright yesterday, made the most tackles anyway.

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but on NZ coverage they had David Pleat commentating on the Everton match. He said at the outset that Pardoo was now being talked about as an outside contender for the England job. Hell's bells!

I heard the same shit from David Pleat on Abu Dhabi Sports. The dirty old cunt should stick to driveby slags in Kings Cross instead of offering any football wisdom. Spent the match slagging off our lot for 'riding their luck this season'.

With the international break and the next 2 matches away in Manchester, those players wouldn't be considered for a midfield role for a few weeks anyway. By which time we should have Cabaye back. Bit concerned about Tiote as he has stayed with us rather than going off with the Ivory Coast. Gosling did alright yesterday, made the most tackles anyway.

Wasn't overly impressed with Gosling although perhaps he was playing to orders as he was more or less an extra centre-half most of the time.

Wasn't overly impressed with Gosling although perhaps he was playing to orders as he was more or less an extra centre-half most of the time.

I thought he was turd too. The people sat behind us were saying he was turd (they said Guthrie was too like so they're talking shite on that score)...but when you look at the stats, CG is spot on that Gosling did well in tackling, which is what we needed second half, someone breaking up their play in front of our back 4.

Gosling's clearance with his head straight to the toe of Coleman(? who then slipped) was total shite but as it did look like he was playing a very deep DM / defender's role, harsh to judge him too much. Tbh I thought he was utterly horrendous in the CC so he probably did better than expected.

What do people make of Pardy's 'let them dream' comment?

If I've got one criticism of us so far, it's that we occasionally make things harder for ourselves.

By which I mean, on at least 4 occasions this season we've found ourselves 2 up, only for the opposition to score and make things tense for us. Against Blackburn and Stoke on Monday we managed to get a third to make things comfortable but against Wolves and today it was a nervy finish to the match. 2-1 is a horrible score if you were 2 up, as the monentum then tends to be with the losing side.

One thing we've not done this season is destroy a team. For all our improvements, by this time last year we'd won 6-0 and 5-1 already. To be fair though I reckon if we'd scored a third goal today before they scored, we could won it by at least that amount. Could well have put more past Blackburn too.

edit; probably not the best thread for the above, but then again I guess it's got something to do with Pardew. Or not, like at all.

Agree to an extent but it used to be much worse! It used to be giving away a soft goal in the form of own goal / lay it off to opposition centre forward / general poor defending meaning we were regularly starting with a handicap! Taylor has come close to doing this on a few occasion but I think the ogranisational improvements at the back and not giving away such soft goals has helped no end especially against the fodder we used to lose points to. The way in which our concern is now going from a two goal lead to a one goal lead is indicative of an improvement in itself! :D

I thought he was turd too. The people sat behind us were saying he was turd (they said Guthrie was too like so they're talking shite on that score)...but when you look at the stats, CG is spot on that Gosling did well in tackling, which is what we needed second half, someone breaking up their play in front of our back 4.

I thought he did ok, nothing special but ok. You have to be careful not to judge him too harshly when you consider he was being brought into a midfield that only had one of our regular four and that we had Best in front of that midfield doing nothing but breaking down our attacks by constantly getting caught unecessarily offside or not being able to control the ball.

The lad needs a chance to come in and play in a settled midfield alongside Tiote or Caybaye. Then we should be able to see his true worth.

I thought he did ok, nothing special but ok. You have to be careful not to judge him too harshly when you consider he was being brought into a midfield that only had one of our regular four and that we had Best in front of that midfield doing nothing but breaking down our attacks by constantly getting caught unecessarily offside or not being able to control the ball.

The lad needs a chance to come in and play in a settled midfield alongside Tiote or Caybaye. Then we should be able to see his true worth.

It was like we didn't have a centre midfield in the second half, but it's too early to say things like Gosling's shite, he's just back from an injury and it wasn't too long ago people were describing Ba as a CCC player. It will take time for Gosling and I'm sure he'll come good, mind I thought he'd get a much worse reception off the blue dippers than he did, if the shoe was on the other foot, he would have done.

As an aside (and touching on DK's point), how frustrating was Best constantly being caught off btw? Check your line, man.

He hobbled out for the second half and looked injured to me until he came off. Could not believe Pardew left him out there so long. Last sub, but we were like 10 men with him in the second half.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes! No-one can deny this fact, than Alan got some incredible and almost Harry Potter like abilities! Looking forward to see how he copes against Swansea. His defence is not championship at all, and the best player is probably Obertan, he's so freakin consistent! The mental depth of this man has made him go bald at 22.

Edited by Aeris