Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Full credit for playing two up last night and slipping ephedrine into Tiote's pre-match cuppa. :)

From Tiote's first touch he looked up for it. Commented at the time that he was gonna turn it on to stir interest from Fergie.

Full credit for playing two up last night and slipping ephedrine into Tiote's pre-match cuppa. :)

From Tiote's first touch he looked up for it. Commented at the time that he was gonna turn it on to stir interest from Fergie.

He showed last night that he has that elusive 'other gear'.

someone on here yesterday was saying Pardew should be playing the passing game we were start of the season and not the direct game we have been recently, worked a treat playing direct last night even though I'm not a great fan of playing that way. I think having players in their natural positions also helped, Santon left back allowed Jonas to get down the left more and Ryan Taylor in a more familiar position. The way they all played last night you wouldnt change that side for the next match but then there's the african nations cup which throws a bit of a spanner in the works, Tiote could be replaced with Vuckic in midfield but i dont know how were going to cope with losing Ba. Playing 2 strikers upfront obviously works but i cant see it working with shola and best upfront, feels like its going to be back to square one.

Whatever happens I hope Obertan doesnt get back in the side (although he will)

Tbf I think Pardew'll find it hard to put Obertan straight back in. Taylor Simpson down the right looked very solid. Ryan Taylor might not offer a lot going forward but Obertan has offered fuck all going forward or defensively for most of the season. I think Obertan will play in away games where he wants us to stretch the play though. Last night there was very little pace in the side (not that it mattered like).

Thats it though, there was very little pace but we didnt need it cause we played the long ball. Obertan really is shite like but every time hes on the verge of being dropped he goes and gets an assist or something which gets him another few starts, all he can offer is pace and its not really a good enough reason a have someone in the team.

When's Marveuax and Guthrie back?

Well if he does stay dropped now (as he should do) he can hardly come back any worse. So if he makes a few sub appearances now and they're an improvement, that can only be a bonus to the team.

Smith, whose deal ends in the summer, said: "Whenever I've knocked on the boss' door to ask why I'm not playing he says 'I think you understand football enough to know why'.

Quality. :D

Smith: Please let me play, Pardew

ALAN SMITH has pleaded with Newcastle boss Alan Pardew to play him.

The Toon midfielder, 31, was a frustrated spectator when his team-mates thumped Manchester United 3-0 on Wednesday.

He last started a game a YEAR ago but Pards has told the player he does not want him to leave.

Smith, whose deal ends in the summer, said: "Whenever I've knocked on the boss' door to ask why I'm not playing he says 'I think you understand football enough to know why'.

"People can draw their own conclusions on what he means by that. I'm not injured and I'm fitter and hungrier to play than ever.

"I've never been told directly Newcastle want rid of me. I could have gone out on loan but the manager didn't want me to.

"If he said he wanted me to go I'd respect that but he hasn't. It's weird.

"He says he wants me around and even offered me a coaching role if I pack in playing but I'm too young for that.

"I have total respect for Alan Pardew and I know he has the same for me. But I just want to play."

"Whenever I've knocked on the boss' door to ask why I'm not playing he says 'I think you understand football enough to know why'.

"People can draw their own conclusions on what he means by that. I'm not injured and I'm fitter and hungrier to play than ever."

He means you're a fucking shit player.

I could never understand why Smith converted himself from striker to midfielder. Ok, so he didnt score many goals but he wasnt that awful a forward. He was a pest to mark in the Paul Dickov mould. Not the greatest striker but at leadt he put himself about and chipped in with the odd goal.

In midfield meanwhile he really has been dreadful. He can't tackle, can't pass, hasnt scored a goal in about 5 years playing the position and is prone to go lunging in and getting himself sent off. Career ending decision by Fergie that, unless it was Smith himself that decided.

He's fucking milked us for 65k a week, the twat

Edited by Dr Gloom

Pardew laughs off England talk as Toon fight to keep star men

Alan Pardew was asked if he could give his Newcastle players assurances about his own future yesterday -- that he would not be tempted to take the England position when Fabio Capello leaves at the end of the European Championships. He thought it was a joke.

It took a repeated assertion of where his lot is right now, 13 months after he walked into what was supposed to be a bear pit, to get any sort of a response.

"My future is very much here," he said. "I'm absolutely loving it. I haven't considered any other issue outside this football club and I won't. It's important for me that the players know I will be here trying to take this club forward."

Of more pressing concern on Tyneside is that those key players are alongside their manager when the transfer window closes at the end of this month. Last January was, by Pardew's own admission, his most difficult period at the club. By the time the window shut, Andy Carroll, a player he repeatedly said he wanted to stay, had gone. It took a week for Pardew and the club to clear their heads and deal with the blow.

"When Andy left it was as disappointing a week as I have felt here," the manager admitted recently.

It is why there is a huge reluctance to avoid talking about the new spine that has taken Newcastle to within four points of a Champions League position.

Tim Krul has had a revelatory first full season as first-choice goalkeeper. Fabricio Coloccini continues to emerge as a centre-half of resolve and a captain who leads by example.

Cheick Tiote protects his back four like few in the Premier League and Yohan Cabaye's stunning free-kick against Manchester United on Wednesday was further proof that Newcastle picked up a bargain when they paid Lille £5m for his services last summer.

And then there is Demba Ba, the centre-forward who has scored 15 goals in his last 16 games following his transfer from West Ham. These are key figures who are catching the eye, and Pardew appreciates their role in the club's resurgence.

This is a month, though, having learned from bitter experience, in which he will say little about their qualities. "I'm trying to keep them," he vowed when asked to expand upon their strengths.

Moulding the dressing-room, and indeed the training ground, to his wishes has been a lengthy procedure that has involved high-profile departures. It has not been easy.

That said, Newcastle have stood tall against the top six this season (with the possible exception of Liverpool last week) and Wednesday's result was no accident. The technical aspects inside this complicated club are good and there is a growing confidence amongst the players and staff. Newcastle are proving the season's surprise package.

"I see a lot of good things on the pitch which I like to see," said Pardew. "I think we can change tactics, we have different strengths to the squad. I couldn't ask for any more from the players. They have been absolutely brilliant."

Now he must steel himself for the fight to hold on to some of them. Tiote in particular has been the focus of repeated speculation: his contract length is not a problem (he has signed a new six-and-a-half year deal) but his powerful performances naturally attract interest.

He will not play again for Newcastle this month, having flown off to the African Cup of Nations, but there is a growing sense of optimism inside St James' Park that he will return when the competition finishes. Perhaps significantly, Tiote is happy and settled.

Similarly for Krul and Cabaye, the timing looks all wrong for a move. Krul has waited patiently for his opportunity and Cabaye has truly bought into the team spirit that Pardew has engendered.

Any move for Ba would surely be rebuffed, and then there is Coloccini, who has 18 months left on his existing deal, with talks ongoing. If they prove successful, the message it sends out may be as important as the contract itself.

- Martin Hardy

Irish Independent