Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The whole Pardew out brigade seems to be a N-O thing anyway, basically they fall into 2 categories of wanting him out for not playing Ben Arfa every game or they never wanted him in the first place as they were firmly in the Hughton camp so are looking for any reason to have a go.

HTT made the point that Pardew would have to come 6th to equal the achievements of Hughton, which just about sums the bloke up.

Nobody is saying Pardew is the best manager out there but we're going in the right direction and the owner and more importantly the players like him, judging by them being happy to either sign or commit to longer contracts while he's in charge.

Agree 100% with what's been said. Actually, I shouldn't waste my time thinking about morons, they are everywhere, at every club.

HawK on NO (Good post)

It does all come down to a matter of opinion, and that's the magic that will either divide or unite fans, sack or back a manager or make or break a player. Anyone is welcome to disagree with comparative squad strength, as it is opinion-based, but not without a sound grounding in the facts though. We've rarely had such international pedigree throughout our team, but I would highlight in particular the use of our 2 defensive midfielders, Cabaye and Tiote. The tactical naivety that I was alluding to was essentially that Pardew was playing for the second ball* for most of the game, assuming our midfield pairing would mop them up time and time again, regardless of how our front 2 coped with it. A sound strategy - if you don't also instruct them both to sit practically 5 yards in front of Williamson and Coloccini - except the Sunderland players were wise to this and the huge gap between our front 2 and our midfield 2 was always filled with red and white shirts every time Krul punted it upfield. It's something remedied by a very quick touchline shout to your nearest player to feed on, 'Cabaye, push up on the long balls to get the second ball'.

Every manager has qualities, such as those I highlighted earlier with Pardew, but the key, key area that a good/top manager will have, is the footballing acumen/nous to change and adapt to your opposition each game and to be able to fix things when they are no longer working. Even when we were against 10 men, both our fullbacks refused to get forward and support the attack. It's a key thing in today's 4-4-2, with a strong midfield partnership, in possession you should be aiming to get your fullbacks moving forward in line with the ball while your centrebacks sit deep, and Pardew really hasn't cottoned on to this.

But bringing the above to a close, Yohan Cabaye is a player who plays at the centre of a French team that has just beaten Germany 2-1 in Germany, a team that the best of the English can't hope to touch right now. We all know how good Tiote is. I can't see beyond poor tactical setup as to why these 2 are not absolutely dominating games even when against 4-5-1. Coloccini has been rightfully lauded as one of the best centre backs in the league, and already Krul is up there as a good keeper, although there aren't too many good keepers around right now. Demba Ba has been here a year and proven his class, Cisse yet to prove so but the signs are there for all to see that he can be successful.

We move on to players like Jonas, who until recently was a regular with Argentina, who's ability to retain the ball and hold up play is one of the reasons we were able to survive the second part of last season after Andy Carroll left. Hatem Ben Arfa has been described by French players as one of the most gifted players of his generation. Santon, although learning, has more experience than people give him credit for. He was able to keep CRonaldo in his pocket when he played for Inter in the Champions League.

Every team has their Taylors', their Simpsons and their Williamsons, but the difference between them and us is the ability of the manager to at least get them playing in the right manner and to accentuate the strengths of our best players, not refuse to play them due to a lack of tactical knowledge on how to do so. Because our recent history has been so dire, it's easy to be blinded to the very poor tactics by the league position, I can understand that, and I can understand an attitude of 'Ok, lets finish this up and push on next year'. But what I don't understand is how people can praise Pardew so highly for how 'he' has achieved this, I think it's mostly down to the quality of the players at his disposal and the outstanding work of Graham Carr to ensure our recruits don't even seem to need to gel.

I have to agree that we're doing OK now, in terms of results. But with the evidence on display with our performances, it's hard to see how a manager of Alan Pardew's ilk is going to get us any further than we are. I mentioned a false ceiling before, and he's the man holding it up right now.

* Just realised some may not get what I meant by second ball - It is what is referred to often as when the ball is hoofed upfield (first ball), the resulting header/layoff/knock down of that hoofball is called the second ball. I think Graham Taylor coined it, he invented the long ball after all lol."

Edited by Park Life

We're 6th. This suggests Pardew knows, in some form, what he's doing. One of his strengths this season has been adjusting and changing our play to beat sides. The writer of that post is trying to make a grand point without considering the one fatal flaw to it. In that, we are doing well.

Its not a good post, its from someone who thinks that Cabaye and Tiote will dominate every game on account of them being good. Form dips, results go badly, luck has a role. It evens itself out which is why the league table doesnt lie.

Can admin delete it, i second Gemmill's post completely.

The whole Pardew out brigade seems to be a N-O thing anyway, basically they fall into 2 categories of wanting him out for not playing Ben Arfa every game or they never wanted him in the first place as they were firmly in the Hughton camp so are looking for any reason to have a go.

HTT made the point that Pardew would have to come 6th to equal the achievements of Hughton, which just about sums the bloke up.

Nobody is saying Pardew is the best manager out there but we're going in the right direction and the owner and more importantly the players like him, judging by them being happy to either sign or commit to longer contracts while he's in charge.

I dislike Llambias and Ashley almost as much as I dislike Gary Glitter. I think Pardew is an arsehole too, what an ego he's got on himself, I never wanted Hughton sacked we were chugging along not bad better than we hoped in mid table. However AP, his transfer dealings are well in the black and anyone who thinks we are not stronger as a team and as a squad from when he took over is a fucking total idiot. Pardew has done an absolutely amazing job, we have scouts who have done well for us, but I very much doubt "Pards" doesn't ultimately say "yay" or "nay", and on that basis he's been fantastic. We have had jittery moments, but calls for him to be made MOTS are justified in my view. We're competing with clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool) who have had champions league moneys spunked at them for a decade, Arsenal the world's fourth richest club, and two clubs who's owners spunk countless millions on them. Who knows where we'll finish, but its been a good season, we started with 11 games unbeaten, losing Taylor was a massive blow, but these fucking fanboys on Newcastle Online, to question Pardew's position, there are no words. Fucking HTT, he's from the roughest part of the toon, and hadn't been to a game till he was 18, what a fuckin doilum. I'm beyond staggered people are saying he should be sacked.

HawK on NO (Good post)

It does all come down to a matter of opinion, and that's the magic that will either divide or unite fans, sack or back a manager or make or break a player. Anyone is welcome to disagree with comparative squad strength, as it is opinion-based, but not without a sound grounding in the facts though. We've rarely had such international pedigree throughout our team, but I would highlight in particular the use of our 2 defensive midfielders, Cabaye and Tiote. The tactical naivety that I was alluding to was essentially that Pardew was playing for the second ball* for most of the game, assuming our midfield pairing would mop them up time and time again, regardless of how our front 2 coped with it. A sound strategy - if you don't also instruct them both to sit practically 5 yards in front of Williamson and Coloccini - except the Sunderland players were wise to this and the huge gap between our front 2 and our midfield 2 was always filled with red and white shirts every time Krul punted it upfield. It's something remedied by a very quick touchline shout to your nearest player to feed on, 'Cabaye, push up on the long balls to get the second ball'.

Every manager has qualities, such as those I highlighted earlier with Pardew, but the key, key area that a good/top manager will have, is the footballing acumen/nous to change and adapt to your opposition each game and to be able to fix things when they are no longer working. Even when we were against 10 men, both our fullbacks refused to get forward and support the attack. It's a key thing in today's 4-4-2, with a strong midfield partnership, in possession you should be aiming to get your fullbacks moving forward in line with the ball while your centrebacks sit deep, and Pardew really hasn't cottoned on to this.

But bringing the above to a close, Yohan Cabaye is a player who plays at the centre of a French team that has just beaten Germany 2-1 in Germany, a team that the best of the English can't hope to touch right now. We all know how good Tiote is. I can't see beyond poor tactical setup as to why these 2 are not absolutely dominating games even when against 4-5-1. Coloccini has been rightfully lauded as one of the best centre backs in the league, and already Krul is up there as a good keeper, although there aren't too many good keepers around right now. Demba Ba has been here a year and proven his class, Cisse yet to prove so but the signs are there for all to see that he can be successful.

We move on to players like Jonas, who until recently was a regular with Argentina, who's ability to retain the ball and hold up play is one of the reasons we were able to survive the second part of last season after Andy Carroll left. Hatem Ben Arfa has been described by French players as one of the most gifted players of his generation. Santon, although learning, has more experience than people give him credit for. He was able to keep CRonaldo in his pocket when he played for Inter in the Champions League.

Every team has their Taylors', their Simpsons and their Williamsons, but the difference between them and us is the ability of the manager to at least get them playing in the right manner and to accentuate the strengths of our best players, not refuse to play them due to a lack of tactical knowledge on how to do so. Because our recent history has been so dire, it's easy to be blinded to the very poor tactics by the league position, I can understand that, and I can understand an attitude of 'Ok, lets finish this up and push on next year'. But what I don't understand is how people can praise Pardew so highly for how 'he' has achieved this, I think it's mostly down to the quality of the players at his disposal and the outstanding work of Graham Carr to ensure our recruits don't even seem to need to gel.

I have to agree that we're doing OK now, in terms of results. But with the evidence on display with our performances, it's hard to see how a manager of Alan Pardew's ilk is going to get us any further than we are. I mentioned a false ceiling before, and he's the man holding it up right now.

* Just realised some may not get what I meant by second ball - It is what is referred to often as when the ball is hoofed upfield (first ball), the resulting header/layoff/knock down of that hoofball is called the second ball. I think Graham Taylor coined it, he invented the long ball after all lol."

One of the shitest most one sided pieces of nonsense in the internets 41 year history.

As a confirmed member of the "Pardew is a Cunt" camp ( current membership- 1), I have to say he's done a great , no, superb job with the team. If we finish in a European spot, I'd agree with Stevie that he deserves the MOTS award.

Still don't believe a fucking word he says when it comes to off field matters mind ( i.e. when he's being used as Ashley's mouthpiece. )

When he was winding O'Neill up on Sunday though, I could've kisses him. :lol:

Aye, I wasn't exactly over the moon with the appointment of Pardew but the bloke has done a great job. He has his tactical frailties (particularly the high line against quick teams) but which manager doesn't? he's youngish for a premiership manager and we've done nothing but progress under his leadership so far, he can be a bellend but he's always vocal in defence of his players and I like that quality and fair play to the bloke he has really made an effort to understand the fans and the area. I also like all those stories about how while out of management he scouted players in Germany and studied how they approach training and matches over there, shows the mans professionalism imo.

Anyone that tries to make a point that we should chuck Pardew is a mug, we're 6th and 5 points clear of Liverpool who paid us £35m for our top scorer just a year ago. All this bollocks about 'he's took us as far as he can go' is completely unfounded, if someone had said we'd be 6th in March 5 points clear of 7th when we sold Carroll I'd of laughed at them. He's a young hungry manager who is improving all the time, it's clear he's a better manager now than he was back when he managed West Ham, like I said earlier every manager has supposed problems pointed at their tactics and hopefully Pardew can figure out a way to lessen his but he's been nothing but positive for us so far.

Edited by Howay

Its not a good post, its from someone who thinks that Cabaye and Tiote will dominate every game on account of them being good. Form dips, results go badly, luck has a role. It evens itself out which is why the league table doesnt lie.

Who are you today? Stalin? :lol:

Edited by Park Life

As always the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I guess the bottom line for the silent majority (who I represent) is that while they are delighted to be sixth, they are frustrated and confused as to why a team of such talent performs so poorly.

We dont like the long ball, we dont like grinding out results. We see a team with an abundance of talent playing like a mid table hit and run team.

Of course some are just happy that we are where we are and thats fine. But I find it perfectly understandable that people are puzzled by a lot of the displays we are seeing week in, week out.

I still like Pardew for all the reasons Ive stated on many occasions and Im just hoping that somehow it will suddenly click into place. Sometimes a manager does need a lucky break now and again. Im pinning a few hopes on Ben Arfa coming good and Marveaux returning to give us another option. I also hope that more promising new talent will turn up in the summer.

But lets not kid ourselves that the team is running smoothly. For some reason its misfiring and it needs putting right.

What a bunch of pretentious, pompous, supercilious, arrogant wankers you lot are, epitomised by Monsieur Given.

Get over yerselves man!

What a bunch of pretentious, pompous, supercilious, arrogant wankers you lot are, epitomised by Monsieur Given.

Get over yerselves man!

:bloodywank:

Get over yerselves man!

Can admin delete this please?