Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As always the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I guess the bottom line for the silent majority (who I represent) is that while they are delighted to be sixth, they are frustrated and confused as to why a team of such talent performs so poorly.

We dont like the long ball, we dont like grinding out results. We see a team with an abundance of talent playing like a mid table hit and run team.

Of course some are just happy that we are where we are and thats fine. But I find it perfectly understandable that people are puzzled by a lot of the displays we are seeing week in, week out.

I still like Pardew for all the reasons Ive stated on many occasions and Im just hoping that somehow it will suddenly click into place. Sometimes a manager does need a lucky break now and again. Im pinning a few hopes on Ben Arfa coming good and Marveaux returning to give us another option. I also hope that more promising new talent will turn up in the summer.

Do a better job please. :)

But lets not kid ourselves that the team is running smoothly. For some reason its misfiring and it needs putting right.

Running as smoothly as you could expect given we've had to make do with a substandard central defender and a right back who's more comfortable defending in reverse. On top of that three influential players were missing for a period on international duty. The expectation that we'll go out there every week and continually see the attacking best from all of our players is wholly unrealistic. Like going into a boxing match only concerned about the punches that you're going to throw.

As always the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I guess the bottom line for the silent majority (who I represent) is that while they are delighted to be sixth, they are frustrated and confused as to why a team of such talent performs so poorly.

We dont like the long ball, we dont like grinding out results. We see a team with an abundance of talent playing like a mid table hit and run team.

Of course some are just happy that we are where we are and thats fine. But I find it perfectly understandable that people are puzzled by a lot of the displays we are seeing week in, week out.

I still like Pardew for all the reasons Ive stated on many occasions and Im just hoping that somehow it will suddenly click into place. Sometimes a manager does need a lucky break now and again. Im pinning a few hopes on Ben Arfa coming good and Marveaux returning to give us another option. I also hope that more promising new talent will turn up in the summer.

Do a better job please. :)

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ecstatic with our league position, yet am I the only one that's far from convinced with Pardew?

Of course not, neither are your N-O chums.

What we need is a manager that has us dominating most games for 90 minutes and playing like Swansea. Job done.

Ecstatic with our league position, yet am I the only one that's far from convinced with Pardew?

What we need is a manager that has us dominating most games for 90 minutes and playing like Swansea. Job done.

My N-O chums? What are you on about?

Are you not concerned at all by the way we've been playing since the Fulham game? I certainly am.

My favourite is the one about the quality of players getting us where we are in spite of Pardew.

It doesn't matter how awful a manager you are you're not going to stop a team consisting of Simpson, Williamson, Ryan Taylor and co breaking the 50 point mark, no matter how you try you can't hold those guys back.

My favourite is the one about the quality of players getting us where we are in spite of Pardew.

It doesn't matter how awful a manager you are you're not going to stop a team consisting of Simpson, Williamson, Ryan Taylor and co breaking the 50 point mark, no matter how you try you can't hold those guys back.

If it was just down to the players then I wouldnt have expected us to be relegated given our team.

My N-O chums? What are you on about?

Are you not concerned at all by the way we've been playing since the Fulham game? I certainly am.

Our form has dropped no doubt about it, personally I think the pace of the league is catching up with the likes of Cabaye, in fact I'd say a lot of players are running out of steam and we need a second wind from somewhere.

Saying that in the 7 league games since Fulham we've won 3, drew 2 and lost away to Arsenal and Spurs so perhaps it's not all bad.

We looked physically fucked after Arsenal. As for whats changed since the start, I think its most about our defending than going forward.

On that side, We lost Taylor and Tiote has been in and out of the side. It was highlighted that we had once of the best defences in the league after the first 10 or so games but now our GD is at 0. What stands out for me is how many we leak away from home.

I think a mix of not defending as well as a team and running out of steam. That said, Im not saying AP gets it right all the time, far from it.

Pardew's success / problem is that he is over cautious. We seem to be a defend then win or draw team, more so as the season has gone on.

Its very frustrating watching a drossy display like today however the facts are we are sitting sixth and given a slight increase in recent displays would have enough points to be sitting in a CL spot.

Hopefully we can grind out a decent run in and invest in some better personnel in the summer, particularly for the wings and defence.

Missing key players today and we still don't have a quality fullback in the squad. I think Pardew is a mid-table and above manager. He certainly deserves to keep the job off the back of this year.

Missing key players today and we still don't have a quality fullback in the squad. I think Pardew is a mid-table and above manager. He certainly deserves to keep the job off the back of this year.

I think a bit of stability would do us good. I agree Pardew deserves the chance to show what he can do......especially if Ashley lets him build up the squad

Contrary to the opinion that the quality of players have got us where we are in spite of Pardew, I think it's the opposite and he's now struggling to get the best out of some very average players that find their way into our starting 11 every week compared to earlier in the season.

Sitting 6th with the likes of Williamson, Simpson, Guthrie, Best and both Taylors getting plenty of game time this season is a credit to how well he's done because that lot are mid table players at best.

Edited by Baggio

Contrary to the opinion that the quality of players have got us where we are in spite of Pardew, I think it's the opposite and he's now struggling to get the best out of some very average players that find their way into our starting 11 every week compared to earlier in the season.

Sitting 6th with the likes of Williamson, Simpson, Guthrie, Best and both Taylors getting plenty of game time this season is a credit to how well he's done because that lot are mid table players at best.

Yeah that's kind of what I was hinting at......the defence and RW in particular is undercooked imo and we could kick on if we can strengthen those areas in the summer......whilst Taylor's injury was a kick in the balls, we've been very lucky up to now that Colo's been largely fit this season (Perch/Williamson anyone?)

We looked physically fucked after Arsenal. As for whats changed since the start, I think its most about our defending than going forward.

On that side, We lost Taylor and Tiote has been in and out of the side. It was highlighted that we had once of the best defences in the league after the first 10 or so games but now our GD is at 0. What stands out for me is how many we leak away from home.

I think a mix of not defending as well as a team and running out of steam. That said, Im not saying AP gets it right all the time, far from it.

Completely agree, he isn't infallible but some of the stick is getting silly.

In a world where we have recently had Souness, Fat Sam and Kinnear as managers, Pardew is like the next fucking Alex Ferguson :lol:

In a world where we have recently had Souness, Fat Sam and Kinnear as managers, Pardew is like the next fucking Alex Ferguson :lol:

Exactly. Some very short memories here....

So short they don't even remember thinking 6th was pie in the sky only 6 months ago. If people who think they know the game so well they can see serious flaws in a manager who is over-achieving, how come none of these people were predicting us to finish top 6? Also, where were they last summer arguing that the players assembled were top 6 plus material? And the final and most telling logical contradiction, if Pardew has us playing so poorly then on what basis are these players being judged? Their numerous below par performances presumably? The Pardew out brigade are a laughable embarrassment to the club.

Edited by ChezGiven