Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Excuses are inately futile though really. Ain't they?

Also, tits or gtfo.

And another thing don't you think your alter ego LBT has an odd shaped head? It looks like a rubiks cube that's been through a cement mixer.

Nothing last night convinced me he's got to grips with this yet. Started with a decent formation (even if I would have also had Marveaux in following his performance at Wigan), but seemed to give up on it very quick and revert back to 442.

Though his subs were poor as well. Fair enough if HBA was blowing, but Marveaux or even Ferguson should have been added to the mix, not Shola.

And leaving subs so late in a game when you are behind is criminal.

Nothing about that 5th placed finish suggests that he's got to grips with this management lark yet.

Give over mate. Last year when concerns were voiced over the lack of identity and shape in the squad aside from the hoofing,

all me and a few others got on here was " But we are 5th. fifth. 5th." and the arguement sort of made sense since we were all hoping performances would follow the results soon enough.

Now we are having a mare of a season, and that same gobble is wearing thin..

"But we were 5th?" :lol:

What if this season is a one off? What evidence do you have to suggest that last season was a one off? Aesthetics?

If last season's results were down to luck then by rights, so are this season's results. The logical incoherence is staggering.

If you'd been in charge of Everton, they'd be nowhere near they are now. Moyes nearly took them down a couple of times.

We've got massive issues this season and i agree that Pardew is getting things wrong, thats obvious from the results. You also are entitled to your opinion, its just not as well thought through as you obviously think it is. I dont think you're particularly arrogant per se, just not bright enough to be circumspect in your opinions.

So are you if you keep using the one-off season as an arguement for keeping him.

Hes lost it, there is no way back.

I think this talk is mental, now that FCB has handed him a 10 yearer - it'll cost us far too much to cut him off.

I still wonder why he got this 10 yearer, did FCB think that england were coming in for him and saw a chance to make a profit on severance fees?

To join this debate, I reckon all we're really seeing here is the fruits of a transfer policy that says buy potential, on the cheap. In other words, buy players that have failed medicals for the big clubs but attracted their attention - or players who need breaks for foreign campaigns. I believe we are just seeing a side effect to this policy.

BA wants to go, I reckon - he probably saw this as a chance to prove his knees weren't going to explode and get in a bigger club.

Cabaye's Abdomen, another medical known issue which resulted in a new contract with a release clause that we used to buy him

Marveaux failed a medical at Liverpool, so expect him out for 4 months with groin operation

Tiote has problems managing his aggression and is out with the african competions, along with the others.

Ben Arfa is a surprise success story, having had documented problems with depression / team relationships.

Gosling is another injury prone character, along with S Taylor, Obertan etc.

I just think we're buying quality players, but all with a risk.

As to whats going on with the performances, I'm no armchair manager - but i don't think its really down to AP when we're buying players without the resilience to play an entire campaign, let alone 3 or 4.

My criticism of AP is I hate seeing him field 2nd strings in European competition, its not fair to the away fans and I also think it doesn't help in building our foreign reputation for potential players and fans.

The 8 year deal is purely for compensation purposes if someone else comes in for him. If he's sacked he only gets two years pay-off. And he's not on a massive amount.

Hallegedly, hallegedly.

Edited by Alex

The 8 year deal is purely for compensation purposes if someone else comes in for him. If he's sacked he only gets two years pay-off. And he's not on a massive amount.

Hallegedly, hallegedly.

Yeah that's the strength of it. Rumour is he's only on 500k a year plus these mysterious add ons and bonuses to do with player sales and whatnot.

“Even if we ran Man City really close and got a draw or a defeat and still came out with honour, we’ll have to take that from this game.

“They have more assets than us. If you were a bookie you would definitely have them to win it.”

Yeah why bother turning up Pardwho you know the result before you start ?

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/14/pardew-aiming-to-clinch-a-win-for-newcastle-fans-72703-32425103/#sitelife-commentsWidget-bottom#ixzz2F1fBWm00

It's also part of the puzzle that teams are paying much more attention to us this year. Last year they hadn't quite figured it out, but the high finish means a lot of them have 'gone to work' on us.

I think even that is a bit too far like. I agree with you that people are now used to us being longball-merchants and its easy to defend against.

If you look behind the results last season you will find the performances were very similar to this season. Sit deep, hoy it upfield and hope for wondergoals.

The main difference IMO is that last year you had alot of teams unable to bury 5-6 sitters in a game - whereas this year they are more clinical.

We werent solid defensively last season either, no matter what the stats people serve me. Krul had 2-3 wondersaves each game, the other team repeatedly missed 1-on-1 with keepers or 15 yard shots etc.

Our luck has just ran out and we are getting the results we deserve, simple as.