Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The fact that we cannot even manage the simplest of build-up play suggests there is more than lack of luck involved.

We play shit, little to do with miss fortuna.

Luck won us the games by the odd goal last year so luck loses us the games by the odd goal this year. Anything else and you're not holding 2 consistent thoughts in your head.

Or its not luck. So either you're wrong or stupid, which one is it?

Last year we got by with hoofing, wondergoals and other teams inability to put away sitters.

This year the wondergoals have dried up, the hoofing is becoming predictable and the other teams are burying their chances.

You seem to ignore performances and only look at the luck factor.

You're the one insisting last season was luck, not me. You're the one ascribing a whole season's performance to luck, not me. You're the one who cant see how stupid it is to insist on luck being the only factor last year and irrelevant this year. You can take some solace in that you're not the only one.

Its not only luck per se, but it was certainly a fluke - similar to Hulls first half season and ipswich 6th finish some 10 years ago.

We will never repeat it under pardew and half a season In that is becoming increasingly obvious dont you think?

No i dont. The evidence is mounting in favour of that opinion but there is plenty of evidence that says the opposite. I'm not denying the way things look currently but i made the point earlier the year on here and have yet to see a compelling argument otherwise, he won the right to manage us through a bad run with his work last year. If you ascribe 19 wins and 8 draws to luck then i can see where you might have a problem with that. Here's a clue to whether you're being objective, the whole of the English football recognised the job Pardew did last year.

Luck won us the games by the odd goal last year so luck loses us the games by the odd goal this year. Anything else and you're not holding 2 consistent thoughts in your head.

Or its not luck. So either you're wrong or stupid, which one is it?

Just fyi for LBT. I wouldn't want you to think that Chez is intimating that you are either wrong or stupid. I'm sure he thinks you're both. But in this particular insist on this specific subject you are either one or the other. You may continue.

No i dont. The evidence is mounting in favour of that opinion but there is plenty of evidence that says the opposite. I'm not denying the way things look currently but i made the point earlier the year on here and have yet to see a compelling argument otherwise, he won the right to manage us through a bad run with his work last year. If you ascribe 19 wins and 8 draws to luck then i can see where you might have a problem with that. Here's a clue to whether you're being objective, the whole of the English football recognised the job Pardew did last year.

There was one set of fans claiming fluke, funnily enough they seem to share a lot of LBT's views.

Where Pardew has really let himself down this year is...

1. Changing from the system we finished last year with Ba on the left.

2. Not changing back to it early this season when it was clear it wasnt working. (long before Europe or Injuries could soack up the blame).

By dithering (Til the last two games) he has allowed the situation to become worse and players heads / confidence to drop.

Regardless of everything else, that is not the sign of a very clever manager in my book. no matter how well it clicked last year for all sorts of reasons.

(It has to be said, my book is by no means comprehensive, but good enough for this discussion)

Here's a clue to whether you're being objective, the whole of the English football recognised the job Pardew did last year.

They recognized the fact that we finished 5th, the results and the league table.

At no point did we look like a top-5 team on the pitch and that is the very reason the media havent really had any interest in our relegation form up until this week.

The Lads played quite well against Man.City today, a big improvement over recent performences.

However, I can't help but feel that if we don't get all 3 points against QPR on Saturday Pardew should probably have his 8 year contract modified, even nullified.

Pardew was appointed as a yes man by Ashley and he never seems to protest about the chronic lack of investment and ambition shown by the owner.

This complete lack of ambition demonstrated by one of the lowest net spends of any premier league club over the last 5 years has taken us from the brink of challenging for a top 4 place (which is the least a club with the size of our support should expect) to mid table mediocrity at best and Pardew has said nothing - which is why he was appointed in the first place

Pardew was appointed as a yes man by Ashley and he never seems to protest about the chronic lack of investment and ambition shown by the owner.

This complete lack of ambition demonstrated by one of the lowest net spends of any premier league club over the last 5 years has taken us from the brink of challenging for a top 4 place (which is the least a club with the size of our support should expect) to mid table mediocrity at best and Pardew has said nothing - which is why he was appointed in the first place

Except he has commented on it in the last couple of weeks.

"We have been unlucky but we are in the process of analysing whether we under-cooked it [the transfer window] and that's what we should do. It would be silly not to."

The same complete lack of ambition is what got us to the brink of 4th too tbf. You can't have it both ways.

Yes but last season in my opinion we made a number of really good purchases for a relatively small outlay and we were fortunate with injuries which resulted in a much better than expected season.

It was always going to be unsustainable without further significant investment and so instead of building on what we had achieved we have gone backwards thanks to Ashley's lack of ambition.

We can't expect to challenge for a top 4 place or become a top 5 or 6 club when we have one of the lowest net spends of any Premier League club in the last 5 years, it just won't happen. As far as I'm aware Pardew has said very little and that why he was appointed - he's prepared to go along with the policy

So Pards has called off the club christmas party then. He says its out of respect for the fans, which is a nice little gesture I have to admit. Having said that I dunno how it is suppose to dent or raise the moral of the team.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/12/18/newcastle-united-fans-put-their-questions-to-alan-pardew-72703-32447749/#ixzz2FP3W3fkb

Why do you play with the 4-4-2 formation when the team was more successful with 4-3-3 last year?

From John Mckean, Walker

WE have played 4-3-3 in the last three Premier League games.

We have had two defeats and a win.

Now we are looking for the balance to get the best out of the team at the moment.

When you have a creative force like Yohan Cabaye missing in the midfield it causes you a problem.

I think if we had won in two games in a system I thought would give us a platform to go forward with then I would stay with that system.

Fulham was the complete example of why the Premier League has to be liquid, why your formation sometimes has to be liquid.

We were using 4-3-3 and we were probably playing too high up the field.

Then we went to 4-4-2 and we looked so much better for it and I do not think any fan could argue with that. That is my call during the game and before the game it has to be my call to choose the system I think is best to eke out a result out.

I did that all last year, but when you are winning those questions are never raised.

Many times we went from a winning 4-4-2 performance to 4-3-3 and won.

I understand it is going to be questioned and I accept that when results are poor you can go down the line of ‘why don’t we stick with one system?’ or whatever, but we are not winning so I have to try to find a way.

Can Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse play together?

From Damian Gibson, York

I THINK in this particular year they have missed the creativeness of Hatem Ben Arfa for periods and Cabaye.

A lot of goals which Cisse scored last year were assisted by Cabaye and I think he has suffered mainly from his absence.

Demba has too but can they play as a pair?

Of course they can, are they playing well at the moment as a pair? No.

They are probably not but we have to keep working at it because they are two big assets for us.

You only have to see them on the training ground to realise they are goalscorers.

You want your goalscorers on the pitch, but I will not persist with it all year if it does not show its hand.

At the same time as fans have shown faith in me, I have to show faith with my best players and if they are having difficult times then sometimes you have to stay with them.

Jonas Gutierrez has been an example of that – he has not been playing great but I will stand with him to try to get him through it.

I will show loyalty to him and hopefully I will be rewarded but if I am not then I have to change it and give somebody a chance.

If Andy Carroll was available to take back, would you take him?

From Martyn Hancock, Bristol

I WOULD definitely consider it.

We are still light of a striker, I think it is a difficult window to purchase a striker in and my gut feeling is – so our fans know – I do not think that is going to happen because I do not think he will be available in this window.

I am not sure how serious his injury is either.

How many players are you looking to sign in January?

From Matthew Duggan, Hebburn

IT is a difficult window, but I think we would like to get – definitely – one player in and not lose anybody.

It could be we lose a player, you never know.

I lost Andy Carroll in this window and in a situation that was not too dissimilar to what I am in now two years ago, maybe it was a bit better.

However, if that is the case then we need two players and if we lose two then we need three.

That will be difficult in this window. I cannot see two players leaving but you can never count on one.

Why did the club not strengthen in the summer when you knew you were going to play in Europe?

From Leslie Gray, Newcastle upon Tyne

MYSELF, Mike and Derek all agree we should have bought one more senior player in here.

For whatever reason it did not happen.

We have learnt from that and that is what comes from the luxury which is the security of the owner.

The owner has great faith in my ability and I have to reward that with what I think when we make an error and say we have made a mistake.

He accepts that and as a team we have to learn from it. Myself Graham (Carr), Derek and Mike needed another player in and we did not get him but it is not Graham’s fault, Derek’s fault or Mike’s fault or mine – it is a collective thing and we have to take that all on the chin.

We got that wrong.

WE promised to put the five most popular questions to United boss Alan Pardew and the Toon chief has answered them here.

However, there were many more issues some fans wanted answers to.

Here are just a selection of some of the other questions currently on fans’ minds.

When will the Andy Carroll money be spent?

Do you work on set plays in training?

Do you think Newcastle’s second- string players are good enough to perform at Premier League level?

Do you regret Fraser Forster leaving?

How long should a young developing player need to prove he has what it takes?

Where do you see the club in five years times?

Is winning the Premier League a long-term plan for Newcastle United?

What is the priority for this season?

Are you worried there is no competition for the first eight or nine first-team players?