Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone fancy a game ? . .

"Alan Pardew warns of clearout as Newcastle slide towards relegation"

http://www.telegraph...relegation.html

This whole article shows the guy has clearly become insane. Lost his wits completely if he ever had any.

You could probably say that about any article with Pardew-quotes in it nowadays.

Edited by Aeris

He's lost it with the majority now I'm afraid, and it's down hill after that.

This.

Been supportive of him so far but yesterday's subs (when he had a decent-ish squad to choose from) we're bizarre, can understand the Cabaye one (even if he didn't have a knock) but the preceeding Marveaux one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To take all our creativity and passing off, which practically ruins our possession football, because he thought we needed to start do a lot more tackling is below irrational. Then goes on to blame the fans and the players and everything else that hasn't got to do with his choices. Man's a psychopath!

Ive not really disagreed with any criticsm of him this season, I just don't think it was worth the effort as results would eventually turn and we'd pull away. That and the fact that sacking him would only produce another yes man. But his comments after the game are worrying to say the fuckin least.

If we don't somehow improve he'll be gone (one way or the other) after the Spurs game, the Europa window will be I think be used to find a new manager. Likely to be Carver or Beardsley in the short term.....long term?......still don't know what self respecting ambitious man would happily work for Ashley on the money he pays. Needless to say a yes man would be easier to appoint if we're in the championship.

Mark Hughes is out there, but he's awful and probably doesn't need the money or the grief

Laurent Blanc....ooh la la...havent a clue whether he'd be interested, but he speaka da lingo

Adkins.....he might take it if the job cones up, he's used to working for tossers and did get Southampton playing good football.

Anyone else?

Edited by PaddockLad

I agree with him. Without the booing and the agonised atmosphere in the stadium. We would not have lost that game. We never looked like confidence was any issue at all until then.

His problem is he's not taking ownership of that problem having been caused by him.... Ignoring cause and effect.

europa league,they knew wot would happen same as stoke,fulham before.

Injuries happen especially with more games being played

they know they will lose african players at this time

youngsters they've signed on(brighton showed that up)

any fans at any club would react the same so to be expected

Thousands of clueless glakes booing Pardew's subs, I wish people like this would stop going to the match. Marveaux off was a defensive substitution - we'd been playing shite since half time, Marv hadn't had a kick in the second half, he can be good on the ball but he contributes nowt when we haven't got it (as we didn't for a lot of the 20 minutes preceding the sub). Perch has done an excellent job in shoring up the midfield on numerous occasions over the last couple of years. If we'd held on 1-0 (which we might well have done if back 4 hadn't conspired to let in ANOTHER soft goal) people would have been saying it was a sensible sub now.

Looks like we've got the Montpellier captain, hopefully we can keep hold of Colo til the end of the season (magnificent for the most part again yesterday) and with S Taylor coming back, we'll never have to play Williamson again and that'll give everyone a boost. Debuchy looks a good, positive right back, huge improvement on Simpson.

Got to get behind the team and manager for the rest of this season. Did very well last season by keeping it tight and playing long balls to a half decent battering ram (Best) for flick-ons etc to Ba or (latterly) relying on Ben Arfa & Cabaye's quality on the break in a 433/451. Good tactics given the resources we had. This season he's tried to play more of a passing game (first half yesterday good example of that and looked very good against poor opposition), which is what ideally we would all want to see, but for whatever reason it hasn't come off (injuries and loss of form to aforementioned key players? It's football - it happens!). Consquently we've ended up pumping even more longer balls (many of them aimless from Willo) to strikers who can't hold a ball up (Shola, Cisse and Ba). Anita was signed to help us progress to a more passing game, unfortunately he's found it difficult to come into a struggling side. Still wouldn't write him off yet.

I hate to see Shola start as much as anyone, especially out wide. However what were the options? Obertan by all accounts is low on form/confidence and would have been just as unpopular a choice with the clueless brigade. Unfortunately we don't have a young Chris Waddle/Robert Lee/Bobby Mitchell (delete as appropriate) or even Hatem Ben arfa available to play there, but none of that is Pardew's fault!

If you want to boo someone, boo Demba Ba in a couple of weeks, the ugly bassa.

If you want to boo Pardew for trying to trying to win us a football match, don't bother thanks.

I agree with him. Without the booing and the agonised atmosphere in the stadium. We would not have lost that game. We never looked like confidence was any issue at all until then.

His problem is he's not taking ownership of that problem having been caused by him.... Ignoring cause and effect.

What booing? All I recall was booing for his ridiculous substitutions and at the end. He's lost the plot, we're fucked now. Struggling to get my head around it.

Thousands of clueless glakes booing Pardew's subs, I wish people like this would stop going to the match. Marveaux off was a defensive substitution - we'd been playing shite since half time, Marv hadn't had a kick in the second half, he can be good on the ball but he contributes nowt when we haven't got it (as we didn't for a lot of the 20 minutes preceding the sub). Perch has done an excellent job in shoring up the midfield on numerous occasions over the last couple of years. If we'd held on 1-0 (which we might well have done if back 4 hadn't conspired to let in ANOTHER soft goal) people would have been saying it was a sensible sub now.

Looks like we've got the Montpellier captain, hopefully we can keep hold of Colo til the end of the season (magnificent for the most part again yesterday) and with S Taylor coming back, we'll never have to play Williamson again and that'll give everyone a boost. Debuchy looks a good, positive right back, huge improvement on Simpson.

Got to get behind the team and manager for the rest of this season. Did very well last season by keeping it tight and playing long balls to a half decent battering ram (Best) for flick-ons etc to Ba or (latterly) relying on Ben Arfa & Cabaye's quality on the break in a 433/451. Good tactics given the resources we had. This season he's tried to play more of a passing game (first half yesterday good example of that and looked very good against poor opposition), which is what ideally we would all want to see, but for whatever reason it hasn't come off (injuries and loss of form to aforementioned key players? It's football - it happens!). Consquently we've ended up pumping even more longer balls (many of them aimless from Willo) to strikers who can't hold a ball up (Shola, Cisse and Ba). Anita was signed to help us progress to a more passing game, unfortunately he's found it difficult to come into a struggling side. Still wouldn't write him off yet.

I hate to see Shola start as much as anyone, especially out wide. However what were the options? Obertan by all accounts is low on form/confidence and would have been just as unpopular a choice with the clueless brigade. Unfortunately we don't have a young Chris Waddle/Robert Lee/Bobby Mitchell (delete as appropriate) or even Hatem Ben arfa available to play there, but none of that is Pardew's fault!

If you want to boo Pardew for trying to trying to win us a football match, don't bother thanks.

Excellent post. Welcome to the board.

:lol:

Really? 4 weeks ago you were calling some of us drama queens and telling us not to panic until March!

But that's not disagreeing with some of the points you were making is it?....Ive not been sat here saying "urr CT knows fuck all about football" I think we're all entitled to an opinion..I do think you were acting like a complete drama queen calling for his head in mid October though :lol: You were wrong then....not so sure after yesterday.

I meant this to this :thumbup:

What booing? All I recall was booing for his ridiculous substitutions and at the end. He's lost the plot, we're fucked now. Struggling to get my head around it.

Yeah, that booing. The chants of " you don't know what you're doing" for a while after too. We went from comfortable one minute to fraught for the last 30.

I don't know how much it translated to the TV audience but it was palpable in the stadium.

Good post Dickie, welcome to the Board.

One of the worst things about drama queens is that any forward step is ignored and every backward step is magnified.

I hate all y'all.