Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mike Williamson is one reason that a single goal is not enough. He is terrible, constantly in the wrong place and got his arse handed to him at Brighton. I don't even think he's championship standard. At least Taylor can defend and should have started yesterday. We need Colo to stay and hope we get this new guy before someone else steps in.

Pardew made so many fuck ups yesterday. Starting Ameobi and Williamson, subbing Marveux,Trying to sit on a one goal lead,blaming the fans for the negative way we approached the second half. He needs to decide what formation he wants to play and pick the players that fit into it rather than shoehorning players into unfamiliar positions.

I absolutely guarantee if Williamson starts against Villa we will loose and if we don't have replacements by then Pardew should walk away as a matter of Principe

Dickie! And then half the board agreeing with him!? Nee way that's a new poster either. It's Alex or Wacky making a return

Dickie! And then half the board agreeing with him!? Nee way that's a new poster either. It's Alex or Wacky making a return

I was on this forum about 4-5 years ago for a bit, my username was probably Dickie or something similar, only posted a handful of times. Felt compelled to come back this morning to voice my dismay at the people who thought it was a good idea to boo a manager's decision when we were 1-0 up in a relegation 6 pointer. To me that just seems an absolutely mind bogglingly counter-productive thing to do, regardless of whether or not you agree with the decision.

I agree with you by the way - as I said, my heart sinks when I see Shola starting and I'd actually have started Obertan. However Obertan is also one of the players that people seem to love having a go at and what I was saying was there was logic behind the decision as Obertan looks like the archetypal "confidence player" to me, and he's looked low since Brighton I reckon.

I think Pardew's actually a pretty good Premier League manager. I don't like his patter a lot of the time (the full kit whopper in the petrol station story that McFaul mentioned probably sums him up as a person), and I hate Ashley and Lambias as much as anyone else I can remember who's been connected with the club. However I think he and the players (most of whom seem to be pretty good professionals) should be supported as vocally as possible at this crucial time. I honestly think the negativity of the support in the 2nd half contributed to the result and I think the people who booed the decisions shouldn't come back. We did well in the first half, did well for large parts of the games against Man U and Arsenal (fielding a very weak first team - Ashley's fault not Pardew's in my opinion), and the work ethic and spirit of the players who played those games was mostly spot on - that reflects well on Pardew as a manager in my opinion.

In its rightful place...

That's the one thing that bothered me last season...

I think we've scored more than three in TWO games under Pardew. And one of them was the 4-4 Arsenal draw.

Last season we were perfectly capable of winning some of those matches by 4 goals or 5 goals. Not killing games off cost us a few points last season, no doubt about it. We had the initiative to do so. We had the confidence to do it. We had the personnel to do so. Results are great and all but there is little more satisfying in football than your team thrashing another. Every one of us remembers the big wins.

This season it's gotten even worse. How many games have we lost now from winning positions? Off the top of my head, there's been at least four (Everton, Man Utd, Stoke, yesterday). Now I'm not saying we would have definitely gone on to claim max points from that lot if Pardew was less negative, but we'd surely have at least 6 points from that lot. Putting us in a far better position. Getting 12 points from them would have us in the top half I imagine.

I can appreciate that we've a weak squad and that sometimes it is indeed better to shut up shop. But Pardew seems to get far too nervous about it, and we shut up shop and go defensive far too early. Sometimes, as soon as we score a goal to put us ahead. Fair enough attitude if we're playing Real Madrid, but not Reading.

And on the other hand, if we go behind in a game, we never manage to swing it around to win (Reading have now managed that twice in the space of a week). How long has it been since we last won a game after being behind? West Ham two seasons ago?

So when we attack like at Arsenal and Man U the frailty of our defence is not an issue :lol: but when we are negative and sit back like at Norwich we let loads of goals in? :lol: Just pipe down fatty.

You pick and choose your games to attack and defend. Reading at home is not the one to try and defend a 1-0 from half time.

Back to your duck posh boy.