Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 premier league goals in 51 appearances isn't exactly brilliant so you can understand what Pardew is saying.

I would have had him here mind & he might forge a good partnership with that Scotch bloke.

Would have took him for a couple of million but nowt more. He's ok for a squad player but let's face it if we'd sold Ba for £7m and said we're replacing him with Graham for £5m most people would have kicked off. I know I would!

Don't forget this is the lad that still drinks in Gateshead boozers, likes a tab and the Charlie.

Doesn't make you a bad person! Well except for the gateshead and tabs bit ;)

I spoke to him the day after the Swansea game, he said he couldn't celebrate when they scored the second from a rebound from his shot. I am suprised he actually pushed for a transfer to the great unwashed TBH, he bought a house up Winyard recently so the North East was his main aim.

It's only football though?!

I spoke to him the day after the Swansea game, he said he couldn't celebrate when they scored the second from a rebound from his shot. I am suprised he actually pushed for a transfer to the great unwashed TBH, he bought a house up Winyard recently so the North East was his main aim.

It's only football though?!

I would have took Boro's offer if I was him. I'm sure if they were willing to pay that much for him they would pay him a canny wage too (probably less than the makems but they don't pay massive wages so possibly not too much less).

I couldn't live with myself playing for scum and I think many of my mates would never speak to me again. I got more than enough grief for going out with a makem lass who couldn't care less about football!

He wants shot with shit like. He will be singled out if the team don't perform, regardless of how he is doing. Unless he scores a crazy amount of goals and a hat trick against us this has doomed written all over it. Good!

On the day managing director Derek Llambias revealed that he and owner Mike Ashley would be thrilled if Pardew could extend his stay on Tyneside into decades like Sir Alex Ferguson has done at Manchester United, the manager was looking to the future.

The 51-year-old was handed an eight-year contract last September - two days before the Magpies embarked on a run of just three wins in 18 Premier League games.

Pardew revealed he was reassured his job was never under threat despite their alarming slide, which saw the club drop to within two points of the relegation zone before their recent recovery.

He said: "It's rare in football to have the position that I have had, and even with the results I had, the message from upstairs was that I was going to be retained as manager, which was a good feeling for me - perhaps not so much for our fans at times.

"I hope to repay that in the longer term because obviously I was aware of the problems and I am aware of the problems we still have.

"We need to strengthen the under-belly of this football club and we need to do that this summer, probably.

"If we can do that, then we are going to be well-set for next year because we have got some very good players on our books now."

Ashley funded the January spending spree which saw Pardew recruit five senior players, one of whom - Moussa Sissoko - turned in a match-winning display in Saturday's 3-2 victory over European champions Chelsea.

That was as much an illustration of his continuing faith in the former West Ham boss as it was an admission that the club had got it wrong during the summer with its frugal approach, and Llambias today confirmed that.

He told the Evening Chronicle: "The club has never had stability. It needs it. This is too big a club not to have stability.

"Do we want to find ourselves in a situation when we have a manager for 15 or 20 years? Absolutely. If the manager works, we work. You cannot get any better than that. Eventually you will bring to the club what it has been crying out for. Stability is a big thing for us."

Llambias also indicated that Newcastle are likely to concentrate on the European market once again when they look for further reinforcements, with British talent too expensive for their liking.

However, that was news to Pardew, who said: "That's a view that he has - it's not something that I personally hold.

"All the markets are open to us and whatever becomes available, we will take the best option we think is there."

In the short term, the Magpies will concentrate on the task of building upon successive wins over Aston Villa ad Chelsea to ease themselves further clear of trouble, although that may prove easier said than done this weekend as they travel to Tottenham, where they lost 5-0 last season.

Events conspired against Pardew that day as the Spurs players responded emphatically to speculation that then manager Harry Redknapp would leave to become England boss.

Pardew said: "Spurs played very, very well that day. There was a lot of business with Harry perhaps going to England and everything else, and we caught them on that day when it was all coming together for them. This will be a different scenario. We have got ourselves on the up a little bit and hopefully we can turn the result around. But they have got some fantastic players - Gareth Bale is in the top five or six players in the world right now, so we have got some difficult players to contain."

I posted this in another thread, but I reckon Pardew is trying to play defensive counter with 1 up front every single time we go a goal ahead.

We've seen him shout "no more" to players after scoring, but we aren't Man Utd and if the play is causing the opposition more trouble with balanced play I'm not sure reverting to defense is a good idea.

That said, he might be trying to condition the team to learn how to defend a lead - given his super long contract... who knows what's in Pardews mind, but he certainly has a talent for getting players together once transferred in.

I posted this in another thread, but I reckon Pardew is trying to play defensive counter with 1 up front every single time we go a goal ahead.

We've seen him shout "no more" to players after scoring, but we aren't Man Utd and if the play is causing the opposition more trouble with balanced play I'm not sure reverting to defense is a good idea.

That said, he might be trying to condition the team to learn how to defend a lead - given his super long contract... who knows what's in Pardews mind, but he certainly has a talent for getting players together once transferred in.

Pardew's tactics have not really changed from last season....when our second half record was BETTER than our first half record.

Shouting no more is fair enough when you've already lost the lead twice and won it back for a third time.

It's the age-old question though, whether to shut up shop or try for more.

In reality, the vast majority of teams will focus more on defence but try to keep an outlet free for a counter attack. This is exactly what Spurs did once they went 2-1 up on Saturday. Their whole side dropped deep, but they left Bale alone on the half way line, which was enough to stop us from attacking with too many numbers.

When we have Ben Arfa in the side (or even Obertan, late in the game) we can deploy a similar tactic.

It's very rare that a team will continue with wave after wave of full on attack, unless the opposition is simply shit and there for the taking.

I think he has been more defensive this season when we get ahead.

He is a confidence manager imo, last season we got off to a cracking start and that allowed him to be a bit more 'reckless', not in an all out style but certainly allowing a little more freedom when we are winning/doing well.

This season we started shit and he has probably instilled fear into the players when we are in front which has led to nervous play and defensive fuck ups. We have also had a lot of key players out for sizeable periods which hasn't helped his anxious approach to games.

It's the age-old question though, whether to shut up shop or try for more.

In reality, the vast majority of teams will focus more on defence but try to keep an outlet free for a counter attack. This is exactly what Spurs did once they went 2-1 up on Saturday. Their whole side dropped deep, but they left Bale alone on the half way line, which was enough to stop us from attacking with too many numbers.

When we have Ben Arfa in the side (or even Obertan, late in the game) we can deploy a similar tactic.

It's very rare that a team will continue with wave after wave of full on attack, unless the opposition is simply shit and there for the taking.

I also think he likes us to get the ball to the strikers quickly, to turn the opposition around. Nothing wrong with that ethos. I think the problem is though is that players coming into the club are probably more suited to posession football. Moving it around and probing for for a weakness.

Both 'philosophys' have virtues and vices. Just looks like we're having a battle of styles at the mo, the manager has a clear idea on what he wants but too many of the players don't share that as a natural instinct.

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping off the managerial merry go round is no bad thing in the longer term.

i'm glad the board didn't panic and sack him as some of the know-nowts on here were suggesting. god knows who we would have ended up with if they had.

You should try N-O good number there STILL want him binned or at least shifted in the summer.