Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't think of many managers working with less strikers mind.

Cisse, Ameobi...not counting Campbell....

Some teams don't even use a fuckin striker, but they have the correct plan for how to glue the team together forming a threat up front. We haven't been making progress with that plan for ages now, Pardew still seems to solely base his on random individual magnificence....from players who are very frequently injured.

Edited by Aeris

Some teams don't even use a fuckin striker, but they have the correct plan for how to glue the team together forming a threat up front. We haven't been making progress with that plan for ages now, Pardew still seems to solely base his on random individual magnificence....from players who are very frequently injured.

So now we should be playing like Barcelona? :lol: look, Pardew is limited but he's here to stay. What else is there to say?

So me suggesting that we bring in an attacking coach means I should name who I want to replace him as manager?

Cisse has been feeding on scraps for ages now and that's not acceptable in my view. That's up to Pardew to rectify and he hasn't. Blame Ashley all you want but their are managers in this league working with a lot less than he has got and can still work out a gameplan to give service to their strikers.

We can't just rely on Cisse scoring his one and only chance like he did against Stoke and Anzhi.

I thought you were on record wanting him replaced as a manager? Really not sure what an attacking coach could do given the options we have up front, which are frankly pathetic. Cisse has been off form, he's had loads of chances. If he'd had the form of last year, we'd be very comfortable by now.

So now we should be playing like Barcelona?

Exactly if we do like this

Tiote=Busquets

Cabaye=Xavi

Sissoko=Fabgregas

Marveaux=Iniesta

Ben Arfa=Messi

Gouffran=Villa

we will win.

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Can't think of many managers working with less strikers mind.

Cisse, Ameobi...not counting Campbell....

Gouffran? Not a tall striker, but can certainly be deployed in a certain type of striker role.

Did well to keep his cool in the post match interviews. He comes across like a bell end sometimes on the touch line but always very professional in front of the cameras

I thought you were on record wanting him replaced as a manager? Really not sure what an attacking coach could do given the options we have up front, which are frankly pathetic. Cisse has been off form, he's had loads of chances. If he'd had the form of last year, we'd be very comfortable by now.

According to Christmas Tree I am, make of that what you will.

Cisse hasn't had loads of chances at all. Prior to yesterday's game he had one against Stoke, one against Anzhi and one against Swansea. That's not exactly what I would call loads of chances would you?

It's not just about our options up front, Cisse is proven more than good enough as a striker if he gets the service. An attacking coach would focus more on our non existent movement of those around Cisse and look at ways to carve out chances for him, which is what we need to be looking to do.

We also desperately need to work on our set pieces as they have been piss poor even since Hughton left.

He seems to be a fantastic man manager based on all of the comments from the likes of Ben Arfa, yet he needs to improve tactically for me. Can he do so? I really hope so.

Did well to keep his cool in the post match interviews. He comes across like a bell end sometimes on the touch line but always very professional in front of the cameras

Completely agree with that like. Must have took some restraint from him as well. :up:

Before today we'd won 4 from 6...wtf do people want? :lol: I'd love a better mananger than Pardew, tbh I don't disagree that hes made some funadamental mistakes this season but why cant allegedly sane and rational people get to grips with the fact that there is always going to be limitations on what we achieve and how we do whilst Mike Ashley is in charge?...Its going to take time, that's another one that people seem to ignore. We only spend what we take in, that limits us in comparison with the top of the league. Teams in this division don't lie down either, Wigan certainly didn't. Some people seem to think all we need to do is pick certain players in certain positions and we'll look like Brazil going forward and defend like Italy circa 1982 Zico, Baresi et al. Forget it. It doesn't work like that.

Whooosh. Fact is we have lacked going forward in the last few games, saying that doesnt mean I expected us to be playing like Barcelona by now. Or that I want Pards replaced, been very much in the keep him camp during our slump last year mostly because of the limitations and problems we've faced that you've tried to explain and that many of us have been offering to the idiots who wanted him out.

So calm down mate :lol:, saying we're lacking on one front or the other does not mean the manager needs sacking. Its just a concern many of us undoubtedly share.

Edited by aimaad22

Has he dodged a performance related bullet given the furore over other events in the game?

Losing to relegation bait would normally see a backlash, did the loss of Cabaye, Haidara and Debuchy mitigate that?

According to Christmas Tree I am, make of that what you will.

Thats embarrassing stuff right there :lol:

You've said on numerous occasions that the squad has outgrown Pardew and that we need a better manager.

Either stick to your guns or change your mind but dont blame me for your dithering :lol:

Has he dodged a performance related bullet given the furore over other events in the game?

Losing to relegation bait would normally see a backlash, did the loss of Cabaye, Haidara and Debuchy mitigate that?

the recently improved squad is being tested - i dread to think where we'd be if the board hadn't acted in january. despite that we were unlucky to lose the game in the end because of the officiating.

but we've been crap away all season so a loss against a wigan team fighting for their lives was never likely to result in a massive backlash. winning our home games is key to our survival.

Whooosh. Fact is we have lacked going forward in the last few games, saying that doesnt mean I expected us to be playing like Barcelona by now. Or that I want Pards replaced, been very much in the keep him camp during our slump last year mostly because of the limitations and problems we've faced that you've tried to explain and that many of us have been offering to the idiots who wanted him out.

So calm down mate :lol:, saying we're lacking on one front or the other does not mean the manager needs sacking. Its just a concern many of us undoubtedly share.

Who said the manager needs sacking? Am reasonably happy with Pardew, hes as good as we'll get for the money, but he's limited. For the record am perfectly calm, my pulse rate is very low. Even when am adminstering the final cut to cheeky fuckers who patronise me, it rarely rises above normal :)

I think we've played quite well in the last few games but not scored a lot of goals. That may not be enough for some but after our pre January travails I'll take it. As long as we're winning at the moment then style and scoring hatloads can wait until the squad is developed next season. After the first half yesterday if you'd offered me a point I'd have taken it with both hands and we were cheated out of it in the end. Cisse wouldve buried 2 of the chances this time last year. But we cant complain too much tbh. As 2J says, 5 first choice players now injured, its going to be a tricky end to the season iyam.

Who said the manager needs sacking? Am reasonably happy with Pardew, hes as good as we'll get for the money, but he's limited. For the record am perfectly calm, my pulse rate is very low. Even when am adminstering the final cut to cheeky fuckers who patronise me, it rarely rises above normal :)

I think we've played quite well in the last few games but not scored a lot of goals. That may not be enough for some but after our pre January travails I'll take it. As long as we're winning at the moment then style and scoring hatloads can wait until the squad is developed next season. After the first half yesterday if you'd offered me a point I'd have taken it with both hands and we were cheated out of it in the end. Cisse wouldve buried 2 of the chances this time last year. But we cant complain too much tbh. As 2J says, 5 first choice players now injured, its going to be a tricky end to the season iyam.

Your reply to my previous post implied you thought I wanted Pards even though no indication whatsoever of that was given. I suppose you were speaking more in general then.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked a little worried in the post match interview. He's under a bit of pressure now. Even more so now that O'Niell has got the sack. We are right down there in a relegation battle.

I think most suspected we could get a hiding today, they are a great side but we werent "at it" today. Similar first half perfomances have also cost us a fair few times this season. For some reason, quite often, we dont seem to start on the front foot in games.

Fulham at home is a big game, a crucial 3 points. Then the mackems, a win there to help them back on there way to the championship would be massive.

Time to get your training and tactics sharp Pardew, equally we need to see more from our key "purple" players.

A nice performance from a stronger side at Benfica would lift the spirits. I'd be delighted with a score draw.

Time to show your mettle.

I'd be surprised if Pardeau got the sack this season tbh, the first half of the season was somewhat handicapped what with not strengthening so I suspect the board will shoulder some of the blame there. That said it's also been quite obvious a few times that the wrong tactics were played in some matches. I'm undecided but the main question is IF we did part with Pards who would we replace him with? Who's available of a good enough standard to take us to the next level and who'd want to work with Ashley and Llambias?

http://espnfc.com/ne...395492?&cc=5739

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has said he will not change his approach to the Europa League despite seeing the Magpies slip closer to the Premier League relegation zone.

Pardew's side are in 15th place, three points above the relegation zone, after a 4-0 defeat at Manchester City on Saturday.

But the manager said he would not alter his attitude to European competition, even though he believes the Europa campaign has cost them league points.

He told the Journal: "Apart from Bordeaux away, we've been very, very strong in Europe, but we've lost bodies in this campaign. It has cost us points and, without a shadow of a doubt, we would not be in this position if we were not in the Europa League.

"However, we are, and we've approached the Europa League every time to try and win the game. You can fault us for that, but we think that's the right approach and we will carry that forward into Thursday.

"There are too many games in the competition. I am never going to change my opinion on that, even if we win the thing."

The manager added: "We always knew it would be the remaining games in the Premier League which would be the important ones, and that isn't going to change.

"After the Stoke game I said was an important win for us and put us in a position where I felt 40 points was achievable, and I have not changed my opinion. You need 40 points this year for sure."

Meanwhile, defender Steven Taylor has dismissed talk of the club being further drawn into the relegation scrap, saying he believed they would secure their top-flight status soon.

"I am confident in my team-mates," he told the Evening Chronicle. "We are not looking down - we are looking up. We are looking at who we can catch and chase.

"In the next few weeks I am looking to see this all wrapped up in the Premier League, and hopefully we can look forward to the Europa League."

His tactics away from home this season have been abysmal.

He's happy to sit back and get pummelled instead of giving it a go and playing to our strengths.

Totally agree. It's got to the point where it's almost not worth watching because the result is so predictable. If it wasnt for a couple of last minute winners at home we'd be as good as down by now