Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We need to look at the season as a whole and where or why things went wrong.

Is it the end of the world if he stays in charge? Probably not if we manage to have another season like last year.

The majority of us would love to see a world class manager get the job but it's a pipe dream currently so for now it's best to analyse what was learnt this season.

1) Cabaye doesn't appear to be great captain material. If Colo leaves as expected, signing a natural leader is imperative.

2) Pre season was a disaster.

A portion of the injuries we've had all season and especially the lack of form and fitness can be attributed to this. The buck fully stops with Pardew here.

3) The lack of British players in the squad needs to be addressed. As talented as some of our squad are, they didn't have the grit to stand up when counted this season.

4) Demba Ba was far more important to our success than any of us gave him credit for.

We need to replace him.

Make no mistake, the failures this year are the managers responsibility. But the club policy of signing very young players put him in a very tight spot. I'm happy to give him till January to turn things around.

Stopping the hoof ball tactics need to be stopped immediately though. If I wanted to watch Stoke play, I'd move somewhere shit like Stoke or.. Sunderland :)

Point three is utter garbage of the absolute highest order, I can't stress enough how much of a load of bollocks point three is.

Seriously.

Bullshit.

Point three is utter garbage of the absolute highest order, I can't stress enough how much of a load of bollocks point three is.

Seriously.

Bullshit.

Saved me saying it.

Seriously.

Just my opinion bud. You can't disagree about the lack of fight this year..

Bullshit.

Prickly Pardew: Newcastle boss wide of mark when he lashed out at local reporters

Pards is trying to divert attention away from a season of failure, but he's shooting his mouth off and saying all the wrong things...

Alan Pardew can be assured, contrary to his comments at QPR, that football reporters in the North East are NOT "crying into their beer" that Newcastle have avoided relegation.

Newcastle United remain a Premier League club. It is a mighty relief it is to be writing that sentence.

Sniping at newspapers who have been largely hugely supportive, and appreciative, of his efforts on Tyneside, probably seems like an attractive way to divert attention from this season's failings.

It is a wily old trick that many a manager uses to galvanise the more gullible fan into thinking constructive criticism and debate is the problem, not real football issues.

Pardew is one of the slickest operators with the press, and his words in the last week have been political to say the least.

It is not just some of the press who have taken a barb.

On Friday Pardew was being quite humble in his press conference, explaining that Mike Ashley might decide to "move to another manager" even if he kept Newcastle up. Fair enough. Job on the line. Quite an honest admission, accepting he may not have lived up to expectations this season.

Then a bombshell. "It'll be uncomfortable for us both, because we've both underachieved. Him as an owner and me as a manager."

Managers who criticise owners and drag them into the debate over failure are usually on a sticky wicket.

Then after the win at QPR Pardew slipped up with a couple of quotes that have some fans frothing with rage. He said he couldn't care less if Newcastle lost 4-0 to Arsenal next week. Not the best thing to say when you are on an aggregate 0-9 scoreline from your last two home games.

He also expressed relief that Newcastle are not in the Europa League again. Cue more anger from fans who WANT to be in Europa. Of course they do.

Interpretation of Pardew's words depends which side of the fence you sit on. Pro or anti Pards?

My own opinion is that Pardew had a fair point saying Ashley's role in the season of failure needs to be recognised. The regime failed to buy in the summer, from a position of strength and optimism, and the squad wasn't strong enough to cope with European games and injuries.

They also agreed to the release clause in Demba Ba's contract which saw the leading goal scorer leave in January.

As for the 4-0 comment, that was a clumsy quip expressing relief at getting the survival job done. One that can be understood when you hear it said, but looks terrible in print.

The comment about not wanting to be in Europe wasn't clever. Newcastle should aspire to be in Europe and not moan about it when they get there.

In fact Europe was Pardew's comfort blanket this season, masking domestic failure, and postponing any real inquest until they exited at the quarter final stage to Benfica.

Pardew now faces that "uncomfortable" meeting with Ashley. Sources say Ashley has "been great" with the manager, supporting him in rescuing the league situation in the last few weeks.

But key questions need to be answered including, raised by Pardew himself on Friday, does he deserve the sack? Will he get the sack? And has he still got the backing of most fans?

Opinions differ wildly among supporters on Tyneside, but only Ashley's matter. Club briefings on Sunday suggest Ashley will stick with Pardew next season.

That moves the debate on to what caused this season's slump from fifth place and flying, to bottom three candidates until Sunday's win over QPR?

Losing Demba Ba in January, and the unsettling months of speculation, didn't help. Fabricio Coloccini's wish to walk out in January was also hugely damaging, and United are owed and apology from their skipper. He's a terrace hero, but you can't underestimate how poor his actions were in trying to get a move back to Argentina mid-season.

Injuries have been a constant factor. Key men missing for weeks. Junior players failed to take their chance.

Has Pardew got the best out of his group with his tactics? Are his new recruits being played in their best positions? Key figures at the club may have opinions on this.

Moussa Sissoko is a monster of a player. Is he a right winger, a No10, or a defensive midfielder? Some folk at the club think he's best as a defensive midfielder.

It adds up to a season that has been messy.

But despite his prickly demeanour, I still believe Pardew can come back next season, and lead the club to a healthy finish in the top eight - which is their par-for-the-course aim.

He says he needs "a couple of strikers" in the summer. He will also need a rock of a centre half to replace Coloccini.

He will have to balance up the glut of French recruits by adding a few more British players.

He'll have to hang on to players like Yohan Cabaye - who will be tempted by offers of the Champions' League - Hatem Ben Arfa, and Tim Krul.

He will have to hit on a tactical formula for the first ten games that surprises the opposition and gets the club off to a flier, with momentum and a mood of positivity. The opposite would make his life difficult and mean a whole 12 months of bad form.

Sounds easy.

What's refreshing is to see Pardew conceding tough questions will be asked in a showdown with Ashley. There will be no drift or complacency assuming that this season's troubles have been a one off.

The key is whether there is an appetite to address those problems, from all involved.

Who would we replace him with realistically? I think Martinez would simply be a sidewards step and pissy pants Whelan wont want Ashley having him. Benitez would be nice but an expensive option. Maybe someone currently working abroad but I have no idea who.

HF and Chez giving it to them STRAIGHT! on NO...

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93975.7000.html#msg4423911

Haven't been on there in ages befoe the link was posted the other day.....its strange though, its as if thery're repeating almost verbatum all CT's opinions, thoughts and conclusions.....they must stalk his posts on here I reckon for ideas...yeah, that must be it...